Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2021 NFL season - Week 15 Thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Is it 11pm ? Oh that’s oaky I was sure I saw it as midnight our time. At least I can see some of the eagles game live then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

That's a pity, was looking forward to a Saturday double-header.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Re the 'analytics' on going for it on 4th and short all over the field.....

I can't help wondering if it's somewhat flawed based on 'game theory' and the way the opponent adapts, thus changing the percentages.

It strikes me that the analysers may have looked at 5/10 years of the percentage success of 'going for it', and interpreted that information incorrectly.

Years ago I remember, in soccer, some analyst on penalty kicks who'd looked at 1000s of them. He declared that because the keeper dived 90% of the time in either direction in advance of the kick, therefore kicking the ball straight down the middle would have a 90% success rate. It got headlines in the newspapers but was clearly ridiculously flawed under game theory as keepers would quickly adapt and the percentages would plummet almost immediately.

I just wonder if the same thing is liable to be happening here. At the very least LAC are losing the sense of surprise that going for it can create. Realistically no opponent should ever get done for illegal formation/12 men or be forced to burn a timeout because they are taken unawares when the LAC offence stays on. Which is the sort of bonus that an unexpected 4th down attempt could often get.

Yeah the browns and raiders game was at a lovely time for us in ireland and you could have a can or two if you wanted and know you were off the next day.

So from today there is an NFL game every day except Wednesday for the next eight days.

• Advertisement

Blocked punt by the colts so 14-0 colts near end of quarter 1.

Colts bounce on the punt. Nice direct snap to Jonathan Taylor for the first colts TD.

17-0 colts after a FG.

INT colts. It’s all going wrong for the pats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭letowski

As a Colts fan, have to be trilled with that 1st half. But this team has blow double digit leads a couple of times this year. Pats to have the first possession of the 2nd half. Important one now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭letowski

Really important win for the Colts tonight. I think we'll get to the playoffs now. But we have big limitations in the pass offense where Wentz has still alot to prove in big games. But just happy to get the W though. Tough game.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,498 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Rough night for us Patriots but that was to be expected.

Chiefs no.1 seed and it's hard to see them being stopped tbh.

Was it expected ? The pats had been on a winning streak and had been the top seed in the AFC. I saw the first half live and mac Jones looked like the rookie he is at times and the colts came out and hit the ground running and Jonathon Taylor did what he does.

Arizona cardinals fans must be enjoying the Sunday before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

That was the most stress free Lions win I've seen in ages, which is bizarre considering it was against the no. 1 seed in the NFC.

Happy out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

Also Mike Glennon isn’t the answer to any question. And cam newton is done unless he can work out how to throw with his left arm.

I’m all for player safety but that flag against Baltimore was bullshit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Just caught a bit of the broncos game there now.... I haven't really been giving them my full concentration recently, because I'm disgusted by Bridgewater and fangio, but that final couple of series just sums them up.... The compete essence of the rotteness of that team. Putrid play calling and strategy. I really can't wait for Fangio and Teddy to be gone. Record-be-damned.

• Advertisement

The worst pass interference call I've ever seen and the Packers score a TD on the back of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Teddy is out in Denver (hope he is OK) but not sad to see him not play. It was the only way it was going to happen, the coaching staff were never going to bench him, no matter how badly he played.

Again, not to wish ill, but I really hope Lock can show what he can do, already scored more points than a Teddy offense in a single drive.

So much dumb stuff tonight topped off by the Ravens going for two at the end of the game.

It's fine to do that with Lemar but not with a backup QB.

Green Bay defense not sending anybody to contain Huntley was so dumb.

Earlier in the fourth with about 12 minutes left the Ravens went for it on fourth down deep in their own half, again just dumb.

I remember the Cards game where they went for the field goal when down by 21 and then went for a two point conversion when down by fifteen. Two more dumb calls.

There were so many tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,170 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

They're going to officiate themselves out of a fanbase if they don't fix this in the off season. Absolutely pathetic that Bush was flagged for a personal foul on this and the NFL will probably fine him just to say "f**k you"

Eagles get the win over Washington and some good stuff from hurts including a really nice TD pass to Greg ward. Rush defence needs to improve though. Bring on the giants next Sunday.

Post edited by Itssoeasy on

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭collybyrne

10-6 takes me to 139-85 for the season.

Not much to say this week as I only caught the highlights of most games. Cardinals worryingly falling away at the worst possible time of the year. Really thought they could be in contention this year but the loss of Hopkins for the season seems to have really taken the wind from their sails.

The Buccs also not looking themselves at the wrong time as well. I think it would be fair to say at this stage that they never really hit the same heights as last season apart from maybe one or two games when everyone was healthy. Particularly on the defensive side of the ball. In fairness, they only really hit those heights in the playoffs last year too so maybe the best is still to come. Godwin is a huge loss though, hopefully Scotty Miller can regain some of last seasons form and fill that void for them.

The Packers once again seem to be cruising into the playoffs as the most consistent performer in the most inconsistent season in memory. We've seen this picture before though and consistency hasn't been enough to stop them crashing out before the big day time and time again.

In the AFC it seems the Chiefs are finally rounding the corner and getting back to something like themselves on offence. Huge credit to their defence and Spagnuolo for turning things around this year and carrying them through that rough patch in the middle of the season. I could really see them taking control of the AFC in the coming weeks and going all the way to the Superbowl again.

Happy Christmas to everyone on here, our love of sports and forums like this to discuss with like minded people are one of the things that keep us all going through these tough times. I wish the very best to you and yours for the holidays and hopefully the new year will bring some relief from all this. Cheers Lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,792 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

11-5 for the week brings me to 136-88 after 15 weeks and I’ve had a good couple of weeks which has helped my total after a couple which were poor.

Last season was the most unpredictable season in the close to 40 years I've been following the NFL.

This year has been even more insane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

Advertisement