Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Gameweek 16 - Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Definitely. Was gonna go Duffy to Dalot this week but opted for Sa to DDG because I could bench Duffy & would of haven’t to play Sa.

Might go with that this week.

Alternatives would be ship Raphina or Toney.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,194 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will be waiting for Alonso news before I make any moves. Was going to keep Raph but as Muahahaha said in the match day thread, moving him on for Bowen is a no brainer considering the fixtures. Gallagher is also a problem now which is a pity considering their fixtures are much nicer. Might look at moving him on for a City mid. Have enough itb for the following moves:

Kane to Ronaldo

Raph to Bowen

Gallagher to Bernardo

Alonso to Dalot/Davies

Might bite the bullet and take the -8 this week if Alonso is out. Would set me up nicely for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah Raph to Bowen seems like a no brainer unless you're willing to play Raph against the four best defences in the league. Im sure he will get something somewhere but his next few fixtures are as hard as it gets. With Bowen Im just hopng his recent form isnt exclusively vs good teams, WH have beaten Liverpool and Chelsea in the last four with Bowen playing great in both games but they also lost to Wolves one nil and drew with Brighton in that time. Hopefully though this run of favourable WH fixtures will see Bowen outscore Raph over the next few weeks, I think its worth the punt.

With Gallagher I read the reason he is playing deeper is becasue McArthur is injured, not sure for how much longer though. Theres also Eze who is still coming back from injury and just got a few minutes today, him returning proper could limit Gallagher arrivng late into the box.

I got rid of Mbeumo for Bernardo and even though Mbeumo got an assist today Im still glad to be done with him. But Im fully expecting some Pep roulette on Bernardo at some stage with Douglas Luiz coming in for a likely 2 pointer. But Bernardo hauled 15 points yesterday so its worth the risk for Citys good fixture run, there has to be a few 3-0's and 4-0's in their upcoming games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Raphinha to Bowen unless Alonso is ruled out

• Advertisement

For those with Kane.

Since GW9 Divock Origi has outscored him by 1 point

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Raphinha to Bowen or Raphinha to Bilva though?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm thinking bilva. I already have Antonio so don't fancy doubling up there.

Will wait for the European games more than likely. Both should be rested, but you never know with Pep. Especially with KDB back now.

I’m actually looking at Mount.

Chelsea have 5 decent fixtures remaining this year. Mount has played 90 mins last 2 games and hauled double digits.

After his 3 goal haul v Norwich he had that tooth infection which sounded bad.

He is back in the team now & with a lot of chopping & changing around him lately Tuchel might just stick to his best team. Mount has to be on that on form.

I was looking at Bowen before this GW so could go there. Went Gundog over Bernardo & I’ll stay with that. Bernardo due a rest soon & will he keep outperforming his previous seasons? Surely the other players will start scoring for City too

Like Grealish was playing the false & looked so lively. He’ll start chipping in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭macraignil

Decided on Mount and moved already since his price is predicted to rise. Annoyed I left Mbeumo on the bench for his assist this week but his returns were not enough to keep playing him. Could do Gallagher to Bowen next week but more likely to ship on Kane who is just surviving in my team because I can't see a clear choice of a good striker option on current form. Maybe Watkins?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Mbeumo to Fred.

A sentence I'd never thought I'd write but life comes at you fast these days.

Haven't seen Man Utd lately really....are Fred's returns just some sort of freakish anomaly or is has his role/performance level changed somehow?

If I had Kane I would 100% be moving to Lukaku.

Back from injury. 45 minutes the weekend.

Leeds & Everton at home next.

One or both of them will be a double digit haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I’m thinking Raphina, Toney, Jimi to Bilva, Antonio, Dennis for a -4.

I’ll admit I know nothing of Dennis. How’s he playing? Would King be a better option?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Kane to Lukaku

Then Alonso to Cancelo for -4 is staring at me. Cant afford any price changes on this and also perma-burned on Pep Roulette

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Considering the exact same. Just visited the thread to search "Fred". It's freeing up cash at least.

From what Ive read King has better underlying stats in terms of shots on goal but its been Dennis who has bagged actual points lately. iirc King is on penalties so a slight advantage there but not much given how few are being awarded this season compared to last. Also its being speculated that Dennis might get a call up for Nigeria for AFCON. I dont think he has ever played for them before but if his form continues it'll be hard for the national team to ignore him so he could be gone for 3 weeks at the end of December.

Whats with the new love for Fred? Id thought as a defensive midfielder he was never a FPL asset, similar to Kante and Henderson he might get the odd goal or assist but not enough over time to justify owning them. Did Rangnick play Fred much higher yesterday or something? Didnt see the game myself and the highlights on MOTD were very short. I did read that Dalot was getting very far forward and had some great crosses into the box. He could be a good option if he keeps Wan Bissaka out of the team, he is only 4.4m and United should start keeping clean sheets again once Rangnick sorts the defence out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

One thing that was highlighted on MotD was how high up the pitch Utd were pressing without the ball. Even at one stage when Palace had possession, all Utd's outfield players were still camped in the Palace half trying to win it back. You'd imagine with that style of play that the likes of Fred/McTominay & the defenders would have a much greater goal involvement. Conversely, it also makes them much more vulnerable to the counter-attack.

• Advertisement

I think there's a stigma attached to Fred for some reason (mainly for being shyte for a few seasons I suspect) but hard to ignore a 4.9M guaranteed starter for MUN, easy fixtures, new manager and 20 points in his last 2 games.....deffo more appealing than Bryan Mbeumo-Post anyway.

I have other fires to put out so won't get to Fred this week but one for the watchlist imho

Cheers for that. AFCON is a good thing to consider. Maybe King sways it then. With price changes, it could be tight.

I still keep coming back to Ronaldo and those fixtures....

Which duo is better over the next say 8/10 games?

Ronaldo + Smith-Rowe (playing 3-4-3)

or

Son + Bilva (playing 3-5-2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Have 2 FT's & unsure what way to go. For now, the plan is to do a -4 this week of Alonso, Brownhill & Toney to Lamptey, Bowen & King, with a further -4 next week of Mbeumo & Vardy to Mount & Jesus. Basically getting rid of injured/out of form players for ones with good fixtures/form. Lots of time for that plan to change yet though.

Alonso to Dias seems almost too obvious but he seems as nailed as anyone in that City team

#FredCanWait

Ronaldo has only scored in 4 PL games, with bonus in 3 of those.

There is a couple questions about his ability to play 90 mins 3 times in a week. He should be rested for the CL game this week and then he has Norwich Brentford Brighton. Very appealing fixtures, but close together. Rangnick might think he has enough firepower to win one of those games without Ronaldo starting.

The same again can be said for the trio of fixtures of Newcastle Burnley Wolves within a week.

I think at 12.3, there are a few questions to be asked. Sancho, Bruno & Rashford could well outscore him, for cheaper. Those fixtures are so appealing, and traditionally Ronaldo would be reliable but he has gone on 3 & 4 games scoreless streaks already. Back on 1 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

Had planned on doing Raphinha to Bernardo Silva or Bowen this week with my FT as Leeds fixtures turn sour...

But I have a giant Harry Kane shaped problem in my squad, Alonso may be out with injury and Toney now has covid.

No idea what to do!

Cancelo, Rodri & Bilva not included in their CL squad. So they are getting their rest now.

Jesus has a knock. Hopefully back in time for his birthday

Cannot believe people are thinking of getting Fred.

Midfielders>forwards this season & you’re wasting a position on **** Fred!!

Salah, Jota, Son, Gundog, Bilva, Foden, Raphina, Bowen, Mount, ESR.

Dennis, King, Broja all viable striking options to cover as 8th attacker.

• Advertisement

If any other player than Fred had his recent form he'd probably have had two prices rises this week already 😂

Advertisement