Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Workplace torture

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭mojesius

I worked 7 Christmases in the same restaurant. There was one Christmas CD that would be stuck on from late November until early January. Mariah Carey was the first song, Wham next, then Shakin Stevens followed by equally shite overplayed Xmas shite. The CD was 2 hours long so you'd hear it multiple times during your shift.

You couldn't even bring in your own Christmas CDs for some variety as the CD player was programmed to only play head office specially selected CDs, normal CDs wouldn't work.

It was sheer torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Any company that still does the above needs to be taken to court for crimes against humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,533 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Sorry, forgot you were the Spelling Cee champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

It must be torture to listen to the same cds for 2 weeks even if you like Christmas music. Tannoy can be used to refer to any public adress system using speakers even if its made of components made by a some random company i think most places should not have music in the background apart from music shops which are almost all gone apart from golden discs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭storker

"Head office-selected Christmas CDs"...now that's what I call Christmas spirit. 🙄

Putting the list together was probably the high point of some head office munchkin's year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I was in Malahide two Saturdays ago and there was large speakers on poles pumping out Christmas tunes on the main street. One tune in particular was an appalling copyright friendly version of So here it is Merry Christmas by Slade. I thought it was a disgrace because the music couldn't be avoided by anyone on the street unless they had noise cancelling headphones. The music was just being inflicted on people who were on the main street. Whoever came up with the decision to do that would want to cop themselves on. It was the same at the Bremore Castle crafts market in Balbriggan the next day, just a big speaker up belting out Christmas tunes that the customers and stall owners couldn't avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Jeremy Sproket

• Registered Users Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Bah humbugs .......

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
Advertisement