Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTB Adjudication and Appeals

2»

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

"

Post 1

"They issued an eviction notice as they wanted to sell, which was deemed invalid by threshold and we were told to inform the management company"

Post 3

"I spoke to threshold about the notice of termination and they said it is valid, hence why I didn't question it/dispute it from the get go."

It seems you either can't read or can't count or both!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

Well, we know the new owners bought a property with a family in situ since 2008. We know they bought through BidX1, which is notorious for selling properties with problems at a good price, i.e. they took a risk. And we know they didn’t get a regular mortgage (no bank will give one without vacant possession) so they either (1) got a buy-to-let mortgage, in which case it’s not fair to say that they are ‘landlords against their will’ or (2) they are cash buyers, in which case they had substantial savings/inheritance available to them and they now have no mortgage to repay on the property.

Look, I’m a landlord myself. I know how onerous the rules can be for LLs. But I think it’s unlikely the LL in this story is in a worse position than the o/p, who is worrying about having a roof over their kids’ head this Christmas.

I know, it’s tough at this time of year especially but we really don’t know the owners situation. I wouldn’t describe the current relationship as that of a tenant and landlord though.

OP, I hope you can come up with a solution that suits you both and best of luck with your new home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 tdawgg

Thanks all for the comments! I hope to reach to an agreement with the LL as the house will be built early next year! So few more weeks, according to the LL he is renting but I don’t have evidence/proof of that!

all documents signed by him lead to a house in fox rock ( I believe to be a family home ) which he is residing in currently!

It is irrelevant where he is living. You just need to string the process out, even if he is sleeping in a tent on Three Rock Mountain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 tdawgg

That’s my hope

Advertisement