Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

GW 14 Transfer Thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Any captain poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Haven't seen one in a while. I'm gonna take a punt on Harry Kane. 10% ownership at home to Brentford who conceded 2 to Norwich and 3 to Newcastle in the past month.

Granted he's blanked in 10 of 11 games so far this season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭bantee

I'm going Kane too and hoping Salah doesn't run riot against Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 22,194 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Toney & Mbeumo to Jota and King for a hit. Figured that Jota (-4) can outscore Toney this week and was benching Mbeumo anyway. King can stay on the bench for a couple of weeks and be used over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Going with TAA myself. Everyone has Salah, and his EO is near 200% these days, so Salah seems like a leveller more than anything.

Chancing that TAA gets an attacking return to match Salahs attacking return and that a CS is a booster. I'll only be losing the attacking return of Salah but gaining it from Trent anyways. This is all hypothetical, I know. Even if Salah gets one return and TAA blanks, I'll only lose ~7 points the decision, over Salah captainers.

Salah gets a break every December, it can vary which game but it does seem to be the midweek one usually. That's enough doubt to creep into my mind. Now there is also the fact that he could well get rested against Milan & Leicester in the cup midweeks instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

The same reason I bought Regulion (Spurs don't need to rest players) I'm going to go for Son captain. He's in dire form so I can't be p*ssed off if it doesn't come off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Was humming & hawing all week over whether to transfer out Havertz for a Man City mid. I've decided to bank. Havertz could very well play against Watford. Will have 2 FT's for next week instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone hear the outlook on Foden & KdB? Was thinking of getting Gundogan in

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

"Kevin still didn't train, he's negative the last test but didn't train any session. Jack yesterday was the first minutes with the train, today will be tested to see if he can travel. "

"Phil and Jack still they are in the same situation, maybe tomorrow can play but not a lot of minutes. We are in a difficult position because players play a lot of minutes. We see what happens after we train."

Can't see KDB playing and Foden is a maybe.

Thanks it seems they are both out. Question is if Gundo does well again v Villa tonight will he keep his place. Lovely run of fixtures for City coming up but as always picking the right midfielder is tricky.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I've got Cancelo and I think that is all the city players I can stomach. Just can't handle trying to pick the right one only to get it wrong every time.

yeah have Cancelo myself but tempted to double up with a midfielder as much as I know the risks, its either a feast or a famine. But Ive got nostalgia for Gundogan from last season and am hoping Pep does too. He's a streaky player and his 13 pointer v West Ham might be just the start of one over the next few fixtures. When KdB is out Pep depends on him a lot.

I read shít like this and it makes me want to get him in. Can't really afford him right now. Could do it when moving Raph out after the next game though. Very tempting...

Raph to Gundo/Bernardo/Jesus would seem like a good move given the fixtures. With Citys fixtures over the next 7 GWs every team they play is in the bottom half of the table. City will score 3-4 goals in some of these 7 games. I hate playing the Pep roulette too but if you get it right its green arrows. If Gundo hauls again I'll be tempted to take the punt, City play Watford away on Saturday and Liverpool already put 5 past them at Vicarage Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Keep his place? Gundogan tends to play when fit & was given the armband.

Look at it as a block of 7 games & hold fire!

A city player could play 5 of those 7 games and still outscore players in their price bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Possible that Foden gets a lot of minutes over Christmas as he hasn't played much lately with apparently little more than a knock?

yeah thats exactly the way Im looking at it. If Gundo starts 5 of the next 7 games which are all against bottom half of the table teams then there has to be some good hauls out of that. I have 2.7m itb so could finally do something about Mbeumo and get Gundo instead. It would make getting a premium tricky though so Im still on the fence on it. I also think Rangnick will get United firing again and someone like Greenwood could be a very good pick once they do.

• Advertisement

Bar Salah I’m happy enough to go without the premiums. While they might have hauls here and there they are not consistent for their price & With so much congestion coming up Ronaldo, Lukaku & Vardy will not play every game.

Advertisement