Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

GW 14 Transfer Thread

• 27-11-2021 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,194 ✭✭✭✭

A quick turnaround this week lads.

Might do Duffy to Lamptey even though Duff is bench fodder I like to have a half decent bench because I have a few rotation risks

The old Pep Roulette.. Eh?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Sarr to jota, better late than never

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Will probably do Havertz to somebody. No idea who yet though...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,796 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Thinking about White & Son -> TAA & Bernardo for a -4.

It's stupid to do it before both Son & Bernardo play tomorrow though, especially for a hit. I'd only be doing it early to beat the price rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Antonio ---> Locadia

Kovacic ---> Jota

It's a shame Jota is down as a midfielder as ideally it'd have been a straight Antonio to Jota swap.

Locadia as bench fodder and a handy million or so in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Probably Chilwell to Alonso after the Chelsea game, didnt want to take a hit to do it this week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Have a front 3 of Jesus,Antonio and Benteke.

Started them all this week, brought in Jesus a few weeks back as Pep was starting him consistently…..until now:(…..

Benteke as a punt with Palaces good form till yday

If Antonio doesn’t do something today he is getting a long overdue bullet….

Thing is though no Strikers are bang in form and those doing reasonably well have tough fixture schedules coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Need a Foden replacement.

Son, Salah, Jota & Raphina I currently own.

where are people heading towards?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,568 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Theres not much out there given who you have already got. Maybe Conor Gallagher or Saka if his injury is just a knock.

Id also consider hanging on to Foden provided he isnt properly injured. I know he has been a frustrating own but Citys next 8 fixtures have good potential for lots of goals. You could also do a sideways move to Gundogan or Bernado Silva.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Foden and Azpi out for Jota and James..... chasing points at this stage probably but have to stop the rot somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Between the below options by selling Saka/Duffy on 2FT

Jota/Williams or Alonso/Gallagher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Looking to bring in a Man City mid. They have a nice run of fixtures now. Pep-roulette is a problem though with the games coming thick and fast. Bilva, Foden & Gundog all in the reckoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Foden out for Jota. I took Gallagher out for Foden a few weeks back. Has been a terrible move.

Agree with what you say. Could move to ESR either or even a sideways to Bilva or Gundogan.

I think it is probsbly worth hearing how the injury is before making the call.

Mahrez might be an alternative?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭macraignil

Cornet in for Townsend for free or Alonso and Gilmour in for Duffy and Townsend for a hit?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Alonso has Watford in his next game. You've got to imagine he can get done good returns there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Thinking of Lukaku for antonio - too early maybe but strikers are poor and very few stand outs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭Xander10

I think it will be a challenging week with mid-week rotations. Ill be happy to get 11 starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Consider Jim Maddison. Low ownership and could be the start of a good run. Decent upcoming fixtures. Did well this weekend.

Hasn't got 90mins all season though and don't trust Leicester this season. So pros and cons.

Yes I don’t trust him to play regularly with Xmas coming up.

Man City haven’t had a pen in league all year (I don’t think).. they’ve had 2 in CL & Mahrez scored both. Gundogan wasn’t on the pitch twice.

Do we know who is the pen taker?

Gundogan is now captain & I think more reliable to play. Mahrez so lively & possibly played himself into more game time. Has a decent ceiling too.

Think I’ll switch Foden to Gundogan or Mahrez!

James set for a price rise tonight.

But a heavy rotation risk midweek IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

My shortlist is Gundogan, Maddison, Barnes and Fraser

Leaning Barnes at the minute, I’ve always preferred him to Maddison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Went Foden to Jota. Watch Foden out score him now over the Christmas

I’m gonna go Gundogan. Gundogan is more assured of game time, City have decent fixtures too. Gundogan might take pens.

I’ll have enough to move Raphina (games turn in 2 GW’s) back to Foden once we know more but be surprised if Foden plays both games this week now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

2 FT's and my midfield looks like this:

Salah, Zaha, Townsend, Son, Bissouma.

Was going to bring in Jota for Zaha, but both have decent fixtures.

Jimenez, Antonio and Jesus up front. So tempted to ship Antonio off but I know he'll score if I do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Jesus was robbed of that assist yesterday. Made a great run and cut it back for Fernandinho. Gundog trying to get his foot out of the way got the slightest of grazes. If the same logic applied to goals then we'd be looking at a massive increase in OGs. Anyway, had my moan. Jesus likely to be rotated this week. Apart from Vardy I don't see the value in any immediate replacement this week.

So I probably need to do Sanchez (tot) -> Reguilon. Means I no longer have the funds for a straight Cancelo purchase but Spurs not as likely to rotate after the postponed game. Need 11 starters firstly.

I see Kane has crept up in value recently also despite not hitting form in the Prem.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭FrankN1

Does anyone know if the games on Tues/Wed this week are include for November leagues or December?

Really want to get Trent back in. He's the top performing DEF now.

Will need to be a -4 for him, and probably sacrificing Son. Looking at Gundogan maybe but worried about rotation there with City. It's hard to take a -4 for the player to not play.

Is Maddison too knee jerky?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,385 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Thinking Marcal to Alonso but then Livramento & White are bench fodder/rotation. Could lead to overthinking

Stick or Twist in Pep Roulette, Foden to B.Silva or Gundogan... More Overthinking

Also have headaches with Wilson, Kane & Antonio Lots of overthinking!

2 FT's to make moves...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Son and Ings out for Gundogan and Vardy.

Advertisement