Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.
Hello all! This is just a quick reminder to ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere.

Bereavement and Christmas?

• 26-11-2021 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭ sporina

My Mum passed away a few mths ago and I don't feel v xmassy at all.. like, I'll go to Mass, have xmas dinner (no crackers) and watch movies.. etc.. but I don't feel like sending cards/presents etc.. no tree/decorations.. lots of candles.. Is that ok? whats the norm for Christmas when your grieving? PS I don't deprive others of a nice xmas.. I just don't feel v xmassy..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭ sporina

its just how I feel.. lots of tea and hymns (and I am not even that religious but Mum was in the choir)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭ elperello

People will understand.

Those who have felt the same after a bereavement will understand even more.

Mind yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭ gipi

Well, it is a tradition in Ireland for a bereaved family not to send Christmas cards the first year. You may find that some people don't send cards either.

Do whatever you're comfortable with, and take care

• Advertisement
Advertisement