Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Times (UK) and Sunday Times code thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

when on a page use F11 for fullscreen. There is another term for ipads and mobiles called page view but not all papers support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,700 ✭✭✭ablelocks

epaper is the term, i think.

however, they have discontinued that option and you only get the epaper if you previously had access to the old app - now called Times Classic

I'm on a trial of a new app version that tries to merge the best of both and to a large degree it does - but if i miss a day, i'll go back to times classic to catch up. I still prefer the epaper version, but it will probably be gone once the new app is released.

epaper is still available on their website and you'll find links to their apps and epaper web version here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭Glebee

Finally remembered to ring to cancel. 10 minute wait. Im on 5 euro a month, which I was happy enough with but it was increasing to 10 euro a month from next week. They offered 50% discount for 6 months which I did not take. I mentioned the other offers that were available to new subs but they said they could not offer. Ill wait a few days and see can I resub at the reduced rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

forgot I subbed to this last year, see it rolled over again for a fiver for another 12 months. Will leave it and hopefully use it a couple of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Where can I cancel the subscription? I can't seem to find anywhere in the "my account" on TheTimes website.

I would be happy to keep it for a fiver for another 12 months, but definitely not the standard cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭webpal

Question for people with this app, do you see Scotland as the last tab? Any reason for that or a way of changing it? Ok, 3 questions

yes, ireland content only available with the sunday edition (and is presented better in the old Times Classic app if you can access that), no

Resubbed no issues for the reduced rate on the same email

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Just resubbed approaching the end of my €5 for 12 months deal. Tried to offer me 50% off (€5 a month) but gave me €1 a month eventually without too much pushing. Didn't ask for the €5 a year again as haven't seen it advertised recently and use the app everyday so am happy with €12 a year.

So currently I have:

Times UK €12 per year.

Irish Times €1 a month (4 months).

Irish Examiner €50 a year (but with €30 book voucher so really €20 a year).

Also throw Gript a few quid a month to get the 'other side' of the story.

So kept reasonably well informed for not too much money at all! Certainly beats paying for the paper editions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 wearypenguin

Rang to cancel this morning and the best they would offer was 5euro a month for 6months and then full price so I declined. Will just sign up again under another address for the 1 euro a month deal

Cant sign into my account on anything bar my phone for some reason. Must check if its restricted to single device but it never used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,286 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Having to ring to cancel is a pain.

If you sign up now and cancel straight away do you just get the month, or do you get the year (unlikely)?

Post edited by Bobeagleburger on

it's not restricted to one device - i have it on several

I used to as well but since I resubbed to reduced offer I can't log in at all apart from my mobile. Can't even log into my account on other device.

I'd call support tomorrow about it - i find they are very helpful. I resubbed yesterday and can login on different devices across the times live app, times classic app and the new trial app version too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,862 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Bumping this thread as it might help others. I signed up in December 2021 for the 5 Euro for the year offer but after a week or two I completely forgot about it until I got notified by PayPal that 10 Euro had been paid to them a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was another yearly subscription but on checking it's 10 Euro per month.I

Good news is when I rang this morning to cancel I was offered it for 5 Euro again for the year. So if anyone is interested just give them a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I rang today to cancel my renewal for next month. The best she offered was €5 a month. I might try again tomorrow to get the €1 a month offer.

I was thinking afterwards if she meant a fiver a month but she did clearly say the "same 5 euro offer"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

These people are like a cult, easy to sign up to and hard to escape from. So you can sign up online but they leave you queued on the phone to leave. I didn't cooperate, but just emailed and told them that they no longer had permission to hold my data. These asymmetric provisions should be outlawed.

• Advertisement

I'm fairness I had no problem in getting through to them on the phone and the cancellation was simple.

I've been a customer for over 8 years and never had an issue - call them, explain request, get it sorted and done. courteous, professional and willing to help and no call ever lasted longer than 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭Treppen

Can you use disposable revolut card number , so it doesn't roll over?

Because the people on the end of the phone are courteous and professional does not mean that employer's policy of making you talk to them is reasonable or customer friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,286 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

They continue to send regular emails about needing to update your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I did the change revolut card trick back in November before sub expired, got a couple of emails regarding non-payment but nothing further in a couple of months

I resigned up to €1 a month for 6 month just before Christmas, have not been charged anything yet. Account seems to be messed up though as it keeps saying im not a member if I try to access on anything but my phone.

Maybe one last use for your Ulster Bank or KBC card!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

If you pay through PayPal you can cancel the billing agreement in your PayPal account.

Advertisement