Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Times (UK) and Sunday Times code thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

I was also debited on November 29 but I just checked and haven't been charged again, yet. If you go into your account details on home.thetimes.co.uk/mySubscription you can check your details. Under 'My Subscription < Subscription Details' it should list 'The Times Ireland Digital Edition (€5 for 12 months)' as the 'Product Title'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I got the €5 deal for 12-months. But I am disappointed as most content is UK based. I did read there is a 14-days cooling off period.

Anyone got their email or phone to cancel this subscription and get back my €5?

Thanks so much 🙏

I see a few people here and on the other thread saying this. I agree the daily Irish content is very poor, but the Sunday Times Irish content isn't bad. You also get great international content and the magazines are great. For a fiver a year I think it's an outstanding bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,291 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I'd get it for the sport alone. It's a fiver for the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Hard to believe lads are complaining about a calendar year worth of news, sport and features etc for the astronomical price of two take away coffees.

• Advertisement

Two coffees for a fiver? Deserves its own thread surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Trevord

Does the deal give you epaper access? What I'm seeing in the app is more like webpage format. Am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

Go down to the bottom of the page and click on "More" (the three dots on the right hand side) - ePaper is the second item on the list that appears. It opens in a web browser

Then click on "start reading"

You can download the entire paper as a PDF - long press on any page you are looking at and select "download" - great for an offline read if you are traveling and have a poor internet connection.

Anyone who thinks the five euro is poor value - I suppose you could always share your sub with a dozen or so like minded people.

In relation to the price of take away coffee I noticed once when I used to go into shops ( years ago ) that our local Dealz had take away coffee for one euro a cup. I had let my health insurance lapse so I decided not to try it out - maybe some brave soul here could try it out and report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

They charged me €9.99 today eventhough I am on the €5 for the year deal. Claimed it back through Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

Revolut disposable virtual cards are handy for avoiding situations like that. I always use them for subscriptions which I may not renew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Jizique

There are few enough in Ireland who wouldn't have some interest in the premiership or the rugby season; some might even have an interest in business and arts/culture; I detest Murdoch (and Liddle) and they canned Philip Collins in favour of BJ buddy James Forsyth, but for a fiver, I feel like I get the better end of this deal

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭andydurnin

I signed up but can't log into Irish times app. How Do you sign into Irish app?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

It's actually Times Ireland app. Perhaps ye downloaded the wrong one. Can happen.

The app is called "Times & ST: Ireland edition". In case people are unable to find on the play store.

Got this NYE, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Great find! Can anyone see the link to The Sunday Times Irish version e-paper? I can only seem to view the UK version

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭ethical

Sign in to Times.co.uk.

Look at top line where it says 'todays sections',click on that and it opens up the various sections,News,World,Scotland,Ireland etc,click on Ireland

Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

That's not the e-paper though. I've looked everywhere for it, I don't think there is one for the Irish edition of the ST.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i was told the epaper version of the app (now called Times Classic) had been discontinued for new subscribers

for anyone who had it already, it still works but is unsupported. (And over the last year or so i have noticed occasional bugs but nothing major.)

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭a2deden

https://epaper.thetimes.co.uk/the-times

Is this the epaper? or is it a irish version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

can anyone read the comments on teh bottom of the articles???? They wont seem to open for me??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

This offer is now back as a 'flash sale'.

5 EUR for 12 months via https://store.thetimes.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

hi,

€1 a month for 12 months. Enjoy unlimited digital access. Exclusive Offer for Ireland. For new subscribers only

The 5 EUR offer is now back via another 'flash sale'.

5 EUR for 12 months via https://store.thetimes.ie/

The 5 EUR offer is now back via yet another 'flash sale'.

5 EUR for 12 months via https://store.thetimes.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Too bad the quality has gone to **** since all the firings.

I have cancelled the subscription with them. I didn't find it a useful read.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭LBF21

has anyone renewed that signed up for the 5 euro deal this time last yeah? Any deals?

Is it only open to new subscribers? I signed up nearly 12 months ago. It's definitely worth that even for Irish readers... regular price, no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

The 5 euro offers are only for new subscriptions, you won't be able to renew at that price. I think only way is to cancel existing sub and sign up to the offer with a new email address

Advertisement