Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options
1196197198199200202»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

With 12 panels on each string, that's 24 panels in total.

To go any more you need more than 1 inverter or a much bigger inverter (and a nc7)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭snowcat

And what about panel wattage and voltage then on a string?

Limit on the solis is 600V (VOC) per string. If you stay under that everything else will fall into place.

What to take into account is the voc voltage will rise for every degree under STC (standard test conditions )

All that data can be found on the the data sheet for the panel, (I think it's around 0.8% per degree, but that varys between different panels)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

Thanks DC999

I want to go as large as possible to future proof but also keep within the bounds of what is possible.

Can the excess AC from the non hybrid inverter be sent directly to the grid or does the distribution of this need to be managed by the hybrid inverter?

This might be a stupid question so go gently, do the two inverters need to communicate with each other or can the one in the garage send excess back to the grid at the same time as the hybrid sends excess back to the grid?

• Advertisement

That will work fine as you drew, there is no need for any communication.

Not all hybrid inverters can use excess from other inverters eg Givenergy.

Solis, Sofar, Sunsynk can

if garage is producing 2kW, Hybrid producing 2kW, house is using 500w the Hybrid will be able to charge at 3500w, assuming that it supports it.

So on a sunny day when the office array is generating 4kw with very little of it being used in the office and house is generating 7kw with only 2kw of that being used, the battery is fully charged so what happens in this scenario?

Well the max each inverter will be 5kW, the Max generated would be 10kW

if 2 is being used, 8 will be exported. Unless you setup a export limit on one of the inverters (hybrid, as that will have a CT anyway to monitor the grid so it knows when to charge and discharge the battery).

If a limit of 5kw export, the hybrid will cut its power all the way to 0 if needed to stay under the 5kW limit that is set on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I asked my local Facebook community for recommendations on solar installers and got a few vague responses. I joined the Ireland solar Facebook group and didn't get a much better idea of it all.

I said a few posts back I'm looking to get 4kWp west facing in addition to my existing 1.2kW east facing. As much as people in that group mean well suggesting a battery or telling me to replace my old panels, this will be a one off spend. I have an inheritance of €5k that should cover most of it, I can stretch to €6k after grants if needed. If it wasn't for the inheritance I wouldn't bother upgrading, this is just a good opportunity to expand and I'd like more clean energy, lower bills and a bit of FIT or excess into the EV. I won't be going down the route of getting a battery or anything, if I have spare cash in the future it will be spent on something else like doing up the garden.

Someone said I can use my current panels/inverter alongside a new system or use solar optimisers to integrate into a new inverter? I'm assuming this is cheaper than replacing the old panels and dealing with the additional labour?

Post edited by DaveyDave on

As you are only adding 1 string, you could get a 5kW inverter, put the 4 panels on one string (input), and then the other 4kWp on the other string (input), Inverters usually have 2 inputs.

But I do see the point, Do price maybe doing 4kWp on both roofs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭DC999

How West are you? I ask as I have a North West and I thought it was closer to West. Our panels hibernate for 6 months from mid Sept to mid March. Sun just doesn't hit them. That said, I am still delighted with them as get an extended day for the good 6 months.

Your existing East stats will also help you tell the orientation.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭DoubleD

Hey folks,

Got our first quote and looking for some advice:

Total price: €9874.40 - (€7474.40 after grant)

4.98 kW system

Trina Solar Vertex S TSM-415DE09R.05 (415W)12

Solis RHI Series Hybrid RHI-5K-48ES (5kW)1

MyEnergi Eddi Hot Water Divert

How does this shape up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭con747

Compare it to post #6108 and post #6116 to give you an idea.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭DoubleD

Oh wow that is quite the difference, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

The grant reduces on the first of January by €300 as well I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭Breezy_

6108 is 100% not available anymore.

Dunno about the other one. I doubt it.

First quote is in, excluding BER (add €300 as I'm probably not going to get the grant application in on time)

Option #1

4.1Wp of modules kitted to a Renac String Inverter

10 x REC Premium 405W Monocrystalline TP5 modules (All black modules)*

Bisol Mounting system on a *Slate Roof (*Price may vary on roof type)

1 x Projoy Fire Safety Switch

AC Switchgear

Renac 4kW String Inverter

€4,175 Final Cost after Grant Incentive

Option #2

5.33kWp of modules kitted to a Renac 5kW String Inverter

13 x REC Premium 405W Monocrystalline TP5 modules (All black modules)*

Bisol Mounting system on a *Slate Roof (*Price may vary on roof type)

1 x Projoy Fire Safety Switch

AC Switchgear

Renac 5kW String Inverter

€5,150 Final Cost after Grant Incentive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭Breezy_

whats this gear? Renac? TP5? Is that a hybrid inverter?

Why are 3 panels more nearly a 1000e extra? Saying that it's not a bad price but I dunno the brand probably doesn't matter...made in singapore

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

How are people so stupid as to not read through the thread (or at least the last hundred or so posts) before asking quote questions?.

Is it really a question of "fools and their money are easily parted"?

Have we really dropped down to this level of intelligence?

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭farmerval

Folks quote in

Due South roof

18 430 W Jinko panels

5Kw Hauwei invertor

Eddi

After grant €9,000.00

Supplier suggests production of 7281 annually. Is this feasible?

• Advertisement

Enter the details in here to get a fairly accurate estimate. Quote looks ok. You are restricted to only a couple of brands of batteries with that inverter for future reference. https://re.jrc.ec.europa.eu/pvg_tools/en/tools.html

Not sure about 3 panels being €1k extra but both quotes seem in line with the price guide of €1k/kW.

5.3kW plus optimisers is €5,300 excluding BER. The quotes I'm seeing from other users are closer to €1.2k/kW, I'm not seeing prices scale much better for larger setups?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭staples7

Shop around, had install last week.

17x435w jinkos

huawei inverter

8 optimizers

BER included

€6300 all in and a superb service

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Scoopsire

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

It's been 2 years since we setup the "2022" quotes thread, might be time to move to 2024 what with the day that's in it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement