Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,481 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I have raised that with him. He is in industry but still does his CPD to keep his RECI registration active 😉 But he has made clear that if he has the time to do it? It'll be a mates rate nicer rather than anything he wants to see lead to a side hustle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭micks_address

on the ber banie.. check out prices as ive seen anything from 250 upwards quotes so if you get a quote including it its a nice to have.. my crowd included the ber as part of the quote. they werent the fastest processing it but i think to be fair this is an issue of volume more than anything else.. they are flat out doing installs so there's a build up of paperwork.. i noticed some of the photos they uploaded to the seai of my roof wasnt my house at all but i guess the seai dont care.. the rest of the paperwork/pictures was all in good order. I'm locked into givenergy batteries with the invertor but ive had no issues with them.. and the sofware/dashboards/app seems quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭DC999

AFAIK if the inverter isn't an approved one for Ireland, you'll never be able to get paid FIT. So excess solar is lost. Include that as a con when costing it. You need to submit an NC6 form to ESB for them to accept you as a micro generator so you get paid FIT. And there are only certain approved inverters on their list.

Others can validate what I said here. Could be nonsense

AFAIK you are correct regarding the inverter needing to be type approved by ESBN. Thanks for the info.

Thanks for that info Mick.

Con, the link is very much appreciated. Lots of reading for me there and in the threads linked off it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

I have the relevant certs for the huawei inverters I submitted my own NC6 (signed by a cooperative electrician). PM me if I can help

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Hi folks

Just a wee link for youz, a guy on the Irish Solar PV page shared this web app.

Its basically the well known formula for pricing guidelines formulated into an app. Great handy little tool to make life simpler.

He's working on updating it to add in quotes that include BER and a few other bits & bobs but even to start it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭meelick

Thanks for the mention, Phil. I've the BER added now, along a few notes.

Cheers,

Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Ah there you are, was going to tag you here but all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

Hope this is the correct place to ask - so Mods please move if not. Anybody know of Irish stockists of (5.3kWh) Weco Batteries and an approximate cost including (that dreaded three-letter word) VAT.

Thanks

• Advertisement

A guess 0- they don't deal with the public, only trade?

Interestingly, I had a pm from an installer via the Irish Solar PV Facebook group and it's very much what I'd consider competitive pricing.

11 410w Jinko panels, 6kw Solis Hybrid inverter and 5kwh battery fitted and commissioned. Coming in at €8.8k after grant. Now Vis a Vis the self importation route, that pricing is in and around what I'd consider fair while offering the benefit of a local installer and a balance between them having a fair margin and the customer getting a bit of value.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭PCDub

That's a very competitive quote compared to the ones I've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

Even if your trade you might struggle. They don’t have the capacity to onboard new customers. At least that was the case the last time I was bothered to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Rogtronic1

Hi all,

I have 2 quotes with more on the way but wanted to hear people's thoughts :)

Quote 1

3.2kWp System

10 x Denim Glass to Glass, Mono Crystalline 400w PV Module,

SolarEdge Inverter,

10 x SolarEdge S440 Power Optimiser,

1 x SolarEdge Import / Export meter

Pic is oriented with North at the top etc

€ 12,100 inc VAT excluding grant (won't guarantee SEAI grant due to being unsure they can stay within grant specs)

Quote 2

3.735kW of Solar Power

9 x Jinko (JKM415N-54HL4-B) 415 Watt panels

Huawei 3 kW Inverter

€8,450 inc VAT - €2,310 Grant = €6,140 final price

In the west, seems to work along the M17/N17 corridor.

• Advertisement

Quote 1 is expensive; but it’s a fully optimised SolarEdge setup. So it’s premium equipment; with full visibility of production down to the panel level. Also this is how he is able to do 3 different directions with a single inverter. Also I’d tell him to get out his measuring tape and make sure about the grant; you can’t take on that level of risk; it’s his job to do that as an SEAI reqistered installer. I’m assuming the issue is in relation to keeping 500mm from the edges.

Can you ask quote 2 guy to add some panels to the E facing roof? And up the capacity of the inverter to match. But he’s gonna have an issue with 3 different directions; he could add huawei optimisers here to make this fully optimized solution also; but that would make it more expensive.

note that in both cases your gonna have to use the manufacturer’s own brand battery if you wanna add one in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Rogtronic1

@HotSwap Thanks for the advice. Very helpful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 __Alex

In the end I decided to choose the quote below. I paid a bit more for an hybrid inverter in case we want to install a battery in the future.

Solar Quote Analyser told me "Using the rule of thumb of €1200 per kW of panels, €500 per kWh of battery, that should be about €9600 for that system (after grant). That's a fantastic quote, go for it!" 🤣

----

System size: 8KW - PV Panels – Leapton 400w by 20 - All black Panels / LP182*182-M-54-MH

Panel Mounting – Renusol

Inverter - Solis hybrid / RHI-6K-48ES-5G

Total cost: €11,700 including VAT.

SEAI Grant - €2,400

Price after grant - €9,300

----

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭smax71

That's a very good quote. Can you confirm if it excludes an eddi?

I've got a quote ballpark similar but incl battery

8.4kwp system - 20x410w panels

6kw solid inverter

5.1 dyness battery

Total €15k (€12.6k net of grant).

Might see if I could get a little more off

• Registered Users Posts: 12 __Alex

The Eddi and battery aren't included. Here is the original quote:

---

System size: 8KW - PV Panels – Leapton 400w by 20 - All black Panels

Panel Mounting – Renusol

Inverter - Solis single phase 5G inverter.

Total cost: €11,400 including VAT.

SEAI Grant - €2,400

Price after grant - €9,000

Optional Hot water – €700 for Eddi Divertor 

Optional Battery – Add €3,250 for 4.8kw Dyness 

---

I don't need the Eddi, and decided to start without a battery. I asked for an hybrid inverter, so they said +750€ for the Solis hybrid RHI-6K-48ES-5G, but finally asked only +300€ for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Ron.

Is there a formula to gauge the price if no grant is being applied ?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭paruss100

8 x Denim Glass to Glass, Mono Crystalline 400w PV Module (3.2kw)

SolarEdge Inverter

8 x SolarEdge S440 Power Optimiser

Ber assessment etc

10,700 ex grant

8,500 inc grant

Probably the most competitive one iv gotten, is the solar edge equipment really worth the extra?

Post edited by paruss100 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Just got a quote for this setup in East Clare.

7.0 kw solar pv system

17 x 415 watt Jinko panels

Van Der Valk mounting system

6kw Solis hybrid inverter

5kw Pure drive battery

Eddi Hot water diverter

BER included

Cherry picker

All associated electrics

Fully installed and commissioned

€15,400 inc vat (Grant of €2400 to come off the total, so €13.000 )

The estimated production per year is 6,157kwh

Here is a link to input your quote and see if it's competitive. http://davidhunt.ie/solar/ Bottom line though is try get it a bit cheaper. Haggle.

• Advertisement

Quoting myself here for a little visibility if anyone wants to see what's my final layout and price.

Rather than put N facing panels on the back of my house. I've gotten the installer to spec the job with the 2nd string installed on the outbuilding roof and fed back to hybrid inverter in the house.

The shed is in use as a Mancave/Utility room and the height offered by it being on the top level of a split level garden falling towards the house means even with low winter sun it is unshaded. The cable run from the Shed back to where the inverter will be is less than 25mtrs so voltage loss won't be much of an issue.

It's 1300 more than going with 2 fewer panels and all panels on main roof. But I am hoping to be able to get 9 on the main roof rather than 7 and it's quite a bit more work than just doing 1 roof.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement