Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Austria hits panic button.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭generic_throwaway

Does that apply to the flu shot too? Or just COVID? Curious why it would be treated differently.

They probably also can't believe their luck that people who believe that space travel is fake and NASA is fake also believe the facts on COVID are fake.

This is the problem when you are demonstrated to believe ridiculous things. Your credibility takes a bit of a hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

No it was nothing to get jabbed just hassle to turn up. But do I want to or need to keep doing it. The answer is No.

What do you think the end game is here just as a matter of interest.

People here give there opinions on a topic but no conclusions.

What's the long term with covid.

Opinions are based on finite conclusions that are in peoples heads usually.

Maybe it should be though? Why should people who did the right thing suffer? Why should cancer patients not get treatment, or important elective surgeries not be performed because people 'dID theIR oWN rESearCH' on Facebook and decided the vaccine is dangerous?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I think it will be more of the same for a couple of years yet. We will all be getting in a few rounds of boosters before things start to improve in any real way.

There are unfortunately a lot of slow learners out there that still don't understand cause and effect. I am referring to those that refuse vaccines. (You said you received yours so I'm not cutting at you) and who won't do the basic things like wear masks and stay at home if they are sick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,706 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Because that's not how healthcare works. You don't triage patients based on why they have arrived in A&E, even when hospitals are overrun.

You don't decide a driver seriously injured in a car accident should be put at the end of line while a pedestrian with a broken foot gets ahead of them, simple because the driver took that risk of driving. You're assigning blame to the equation. Being unvaccinated is not something to be blamed for. It's a choice, during a pandemic, it's a health choice. No different than smokers, drinkers and a host of others that get equal healthcare.

It's a no go and no civilized society would every accept it. Least off all those people entrusted to help us when we're sick.

Think its whatever is built into the virus. At its mercy really.

Funny feeling the more it spreads, the more benign it will get and less contagious.

But iv no medical background so probably talking shite.

But I dont think pumping myself full of chemicals every 6 months is good.

Every vaccine I have gotten have been once off.

To consider this for just one disease is madness.

Guess you didn't have any childhood vaccines?

7 of them require 3 shots within a year

You think those parents are unfit parents for allowing their children to be injected with chemicals.... let me see... 18 times in 1 year?

Hey lad your taking it to the extreme there I'm talking every 6months for forever here. Iv vaccinated my own kids.

Your turning on your own now.

A pure sign of extremism there.

I'm leaving this here because my point is being lost now maybe I'm not getting it across.

Let me put it this way if Iv got covid this year I'd rather get it next year naturally like the flu.

Trust me I'm no hippie but faith totally in a system of consecutive injections ain't good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Jeez, you sound truly aggravated, bordering emotional about the whole thing. Good luck with that.

• Advertisement

I'm not taking it to the extreme, you said:

But I dont think pumping myself full of chemicals every 6 months is good.

I was merely pointing to the fact there's many chemicals (your word) pumped into kids every 6 months.

So it's ok to pump kids with chemicals every 6 months, but not adults?

Just help me see the difference is all. Nobody has even mentioned every 6 months forever. You have.

There are vaccines which require boosters over years, Shingles, Pneumonia, guess we could add the flu in there if you like.

terrible that they offer the flu vaccine yearly to people eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Speaking of childhood vaccinations, I recently had reason to have my blood titers tested and I still have immunity to measles, mumps, rubella and chicken pox (through infection) 30 something years later. Pretty cool. On the other hand then you have these covid shots that barely even last 6 months and do nothing to prevent infection.

I'd be curious to know the levels of each one. Be interesting to see the difference and compare to the covid vaccine responses.

Do they do it as a % difference from 30 years ago to today? or how do they know you immune?

Blue out the person details and post a screenshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

It has the ranges needed for immunity and my results fall into that range. Here is the measles one for example. My level of over 300 is well above the 16.49 that is "consistent with immunity".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

you guessed wrong, but im starting to think you are one of those FG bots considering i never said anything about leo.

But if you want to be clear this is what he said:

Mr Varadkar said his best guess, by looking at what has gone on in the UK and in Israel, which are a bit ahead of us in terms of vaccination, where life is pretty much back to normal, Ireland could look to be there by August.

"Life in Israel is pretty much back to normal – they're welcoming tourists again and they're having, not very large gatherings, but they are having mass gatherings. 

"They kind of got to that point when they were at, where we would expect to be by August,” he said.

“So, I'm hoping that that's the month when things are relatively normal again. That doesn't mean that everything will be the same, but the vast majority of restrictions, you would hope to see gone by August of this year.

his boss, the highly intelligent taoisesch said at the end of Feb 21

Launching the plan, called ‘Covid-19 Resilience and Recovery 2021 – The Path Ahead’, Mr Martin said the “end is truly in sight” but added that the vaccine programme needed to be accelerated before the country could be reopened.

“The vaccination programme will completely change the landscape and transform the options available to us as a society for reopening and renewing our country,” he said.

So yea, as i said, the mandatory vaccination law could be easier to take if the vaccinations were an actual solution as opposed to a purely temporary benefit against the virus like we have been told they were going to be.

of course they were. Did you completley erase everything that happened on 2020 from your mind??

How many time were we told the vaccinations are our way out of this?

Lockdown until the jabs are approved, etc etc

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

The medical world always said vaccines wouldn't be the solution. Governments said otherwise. The existing vaccines were created prior to Delta. Like some other vaccines, the overriding evidence shows that the existing vaccines are a 3 shot vaccine with 6 boosters.

I dont know whether a mandatory vaccine law is right or wrong during a pandemic that has taken the lives needlessly of over 5.1m people worldwide. But what makes me uncomfortable is that people are willing to take to the street shouting about their rights yet completely ignore their obligations as a human being. No one seems to be protesting the shite health system we have. People are quick to dismiss people dying in hospital because they're old (above 50) or have underlying conditions. Their lives are less valuable or something?

Btw, the vaccination programme did change the landscape. Ireland was in lockdown for a lot less cases in the past.

As citizens we have been bombarded with messages and reporting from the early days of the pandemic about how vaccinations are going to change everything, you can segregate out what one area says or another area says but its only splitting hairs.

If the medical community, as you put it “said vaccines wont be the solution” then you cant justify mandatory vaccination by law.

You can justify a speed limit of 30kmph in urban areas because its proven to be a speed which above pedestrians chances of surving a hit are tiny, where below it they have a far greater chance.

That clear line data does not and cannot exist for a vaccination that only provides temporary short term benefit as opposed to it being a temporary solution, or when medicated regularly a longer term solution neither of which these vaccinations are because at best they provide a temporary short term benefit if you catch covid.

As i said, if these vaccinations actually worked to effectively eliminate the virus in the same way smallpox, polio, MMR worked then i could support it (and i think those vaccinations should be compulsory) and maybe another vaccination or therapeutic coming to market will do that but making THESE vaccinations mandatory by law is a mistake.

we can protest out health system at the next GE.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Mr Burny

Eire will have to do what Austria have just done. A short sharp lockdown for 6-8 weeks to get us back on an even keel

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

You’re advocating just letting people die and having the health service over run. In fact, you’re insisting upon it.

• Advertisement

Never said anything about letting people die, that just you either lacking comprehension or being a complete drama queen.

And you might have missed it but our health service is completely over run as things stand and has been for sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭flashforward

What are you talking about 'a pandemic that has taken the lives needlessly of over 5.1m people worldwide'?

The way you are talking you would swear these people were at the prime of their lives.

Speaking generally and fully appreciating there are exceptions - The vast vast majority of people who have died from this were knocking on deaths door in the first place. Average age of death in Ireland, average age of death with Covid blah blah blah....

These people may not have died this year or last if Covid wasn't around but they were lining up at the pearly gates in the near future - seasonal bugs or their old age would have done the job. Covid has simply sped up the process.

By the way I'm not trying say what is being done is totally wrong (restrictions/lockdowns/certs etc.). I understand and appreciate without them the health services would collapse. But I do feel a aggressive booster campaign for those at risk (not sure if there are any studies on lets say 3 monthly boosters for this cohort) may be a more prudent strategy than mandated vaccination for the entire population.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭SupplyandDemandZone

And anyone who at the time said people where being lied to where called conspiracy loons or banned from discussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭bloopy

Im not a conspiracy loon, i dont believe what politicians say, and take the media with a good pinch of salt, I always knew the vaccinations were unproven in some ways because the nature of medicine is that it takes time to understand all medicine properly.

But i got my jabs and we can see undoubtedly that they have made a bigdifference, I'm not disputing that they have had a benefit, I just cant see that these vaccinations have the benefit to justify them being mandatory when other measures can be taken to mitigate the unvaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,655 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I think laurence is also advocating for more capacity. Our ICU capacity has been too low by EU standards for a long time. You will often hear ICU doctors saying that. Dr Andrew Westbrook from Vincents gave a great interview about it during the week. He said multiple reports over the last 2 decades said we always ranked in the bottom 10% across 44 European countries. He said he has been advocating for more capacity since 2012 because winter is always a disaster.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

A whole lot of that is down to governments viewing Health as a place of big budgets but once they had handed them over it was not their problem and it was left to the various iterations of health authorities to deal with it. Even ministers tended to view it as an unfixable problem and a necessary penance.  

Down the years it has been beset by a range of vested interests, from hospital doctors and their contracts to nursing unions and of course local pressure to maintain the huge number of hospitals when there was no further justification for them. 

A further more vexing problem, was the perception that hospitals were run very badly.  The annual poor mouth every December by hospitals after they raced through budgets just reinforced this. That they seemed incapable of collecting money owed by private insurers was another black mark against him and here we are!

Between Slaintecare and whatever plan they HSE have up their sleeves we are supposed to see a new better system. We'll see on that front!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

To label people concerned with this as anti-vacs is lazy simplistic thinking.

I had my third shot nearly 3 weeks ago. I have no problem admitting a divisive, dangerous, sinister precedent when I see it.

I also wonder why the shockingly unethical mandates in certain US cities which forced people who, unable to be vaccinated due to medical reasons, to quit their jobs, was never mentioned in the media this side of the Atlantic. Didn't want to draw attention to the madness in Bidens' Democratic Party I can only assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭growleaves

Lol two months isn't 'short'. Are you a parody account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,786 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

What's "dangerous" and "sinister" about Austria mandating vaccines during a pandemic? There have been mandatory vaccines for centuries.

If someone has a medical exemption for vaccines, then they shouldn't be fired from their job. If that has occurred, it's certainly related to oversight or it's an isolated example. I haven't seen any evidence that it's deliberate systematic policy by any political party.

Advertisement