Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cazoo Champion of Champions 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Yeah I was just thinking that to myself, with the lack of young talent coming through and the best players all 35+, you could see Yan becoming maybe even multiple World Champion by 30 years of age. Who’s gonna stop him in a few years when O’Sullivan, Higgins and Williams are 50+?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

The likes of Judd and Kyren will be around for another 15-20 years but i can't honestly see any other young players that are threatening to make a breakthrough anytime soon. It's a bit barren, unless there's a bolter among the emerging asian pack. Hard to know with the kids because they can all pot but just dont have the all round game. Rare you get one who's the full package like Yan; lisowski always had the talent, just not the same aptitude to grind out a match against a top player.

Some of Binghams misses today. Shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭eric hoone

Poor standard this afternoon. Hopefully the evening session will be better

You know you’ve made it when you’ve got your own brand of snooker cue tip chalk.

• Advertisement

Wow, did anyone see the pink Higgins just missed? I actually can’t believe it.

It was worse than the one Bingham missed 😂

Loads of miscues this week.. How can the ref call it a 'miss' , I don't know

"He couldn't kill it off."

Wish I had a pound for each time a commentator has said that in relation to ding over the course of his career.

Ding just cannot pot a pressure ball anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Go on John spend a fiver on the wee fitting for the top of the rest. Although I've not seen it many times since the 80s.

Thought he was going to take the double instead.

Steve Davis, I remember, used to have some of them little plastic type equipment accessories for use with the rest etc,, Would have been handy for Higgins about five minutes ago.. "For want of a nail... " 😋 All academic now, it would seem, with Ding needing snookers.. Not impossible though,,,

The lads can talk about higgins class and never say die attitude all they like, that was all about ding blowing it for me. That said, wouldn't surprise me to see a completely different higgins tonight, for all he said about not liking the table. Ronnie will have to up his game too.

O'Sullivan is obviously not practising enough

Ronnie fancies a weekend off clearly. Higgins hasn't played great today but he hasn't needed to be on top form.

Big difference from the afternoon, Higgins says, i was "sliding into my shots" a bit more, rather than "falling onto the table. I think I'll keep that going now." A follow up question would have been useful there!

Those camera angles from 1978 didn't catch on. Thank God

Stephen paying Alex his due. I like to hear that.

On the Snooker Scene podcast, I see Dave Hendon had some discussion on the 'Marmite' jerseys for Champion of Champions. Matchroom admit it's something they'll have a look at again, and the quality of the first batch sent over from China was even worse than the tops they are wearing. They do just have a bit of a cheap look, casual punters seeing the snooker on tv pick up on that.

The smart attire distinguishes snooker from pool and darts. And nobody watches pool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

That lady wrecked my head. I couldn't make it through to the end.

Yeah, it was like something out of the Apprentice

Trump will always have the edge over Wilson it seems

Kyren very poor but it's been a very polished and disciplined performance from Judd. He's beating him up every which way tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭mrunsure

For quite a while, Wilson was Trump's bogeyman, and indeed before tonight's match Wilson was leading the head to head record 9-8.

Great watching this fella, nerves of steel. Some battle and higgins on wrong side of it so far.

Yan does play the odd loose one, that's the other side of it. Made Higgins sweat for that frame though, be happy enough with that.

Seems like he is trying to out John Higgins, John Higgins

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Going to be a long night lads

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

It's after 10.. Surely John's gonna wilt from a fatigue point of view 😊 He's not the player he was at the best of times, nowadays... If he wins, and it looks likely he will, this frame, I still fancy Yan to win 6-4 at worst.. Then again, could be a 1am finish 😂

Advertisement