Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moon Knight - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

If you don’t care then why are responding?

I didn’t go “on a tear” - you followed me from one thread to another one after a creepy private message. Didn’t know it was you here until you mentioned it. Why would I remember your name?

How is asking “what confused you?” looking for an argument? There was no negativity here after the mod eating until this post from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,580 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Since apparently I wasn't clear enough: I'm not interested in this dialog with you, or with dispelling your misrepresentations, neither are the mods.

If you really want it though PM me where it belongs, if anywhere.

If you don’t want “dialog” then why did you respond to my post? You don’t like something? Ignore it and move on.

There was no bickering here. You tried to start it but it didn’t go the way you wanted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Next bickering post gets an infraction.

Last warning.

Has anything been said about any of the Marvel series getting second seasons?

I know WandaVision is a limited series and that Loki Season 2 was announced quickly.

Are the others shows meant to continue their stories in the movies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think Moon Knight was set up for a second season or a role in another series. Hawkeye could get another season.

And What If is getting a second season.

But yeah, seems Loki and What If are the only ones announced so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Hopefully Moon Knight gets a second series to give the writers and directors a chance to rectify the scattered and confused nature of the first season. If they manage that I will be impressed.

The MK production team has been tied to an upcoming fantastic 4 movie. Since S1 had no straight ties to the MCU I guess they felt this was the right next move for them and for Phase 4/5 whenever this movie is to come out. Maybe he gets season 2 from there, maybe a feature film. I don’t expect a season 2 before he appears in the F4 movie though

• Registered Users Posts: 23,135 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The timing and spacing of the MCU tv shows definitely needs work.

Do you mean Moon knight or MCU TV shows in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Covid played its part in that. Remember we were supposed to meet Val in Black Widow first before FATWS but the former got pushed back until it got safer to open theatres.

Second seasons of Loki and What If… were announced very quickly so I was wondering if no announcement for Hawkeye, Falcon, etc meant there wasn’t any or at least not for a few years.

Maybe though it schedules of the actors, directors etc in the other shows - Feige might he holding of on information until they have set dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Thought they were setting up the hawkeye characters to be in a new avengers type scenario. Seems a step down for movie actors to keep doing tv.

In a way it is. I think Feige is trying to keep Marvel Studios afloat longer term with TV, vs. megabudget projects like Endgame, which required legitimately 6+ years of buildup and hype and consumer buy in to reach that climax and logistically were probably a nightmare to get so much talent scheduled in the same room etc. But, the movies haven't stopped coming out either, they just don't seem to be diverting from the 3/year release tick, and the roster of MCU projects runneth over. They're managed to keep the box office relatively high still but they're running out of A-tier characters like Strange or Spiderman down the pipe and they still have to rhythm things out such that audiences don't jump fully off the train with big tentpole and little tentpole tick-tock: if you didn't make it to the movies this spring then at least you saw Moon Knight, or vice versa, etc.

One MCU character I think might have worked even better as a show was Shang Chi. The pacing was ridiculum and so was this whole plot to send assassins to kill your kids because you couldn't send them a postcard I guess? Then again, Trevor Slattery for the win, right.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah maybe Loki was easy enough one to schedule for whatever reason but then the likes of Hawkeye and Moon Knight could be carrying over to the films and they don't want to spoil anything by announcing a series set after the films.

That is a very outdated notion.

Many actors move between movies and television. The snobbish attitude to working in television is long gone.

very surprised to see the comment from a TV watcher.

Post edited by Spon Farmer on

Also, Moon Knight seemed like a risk for Marvel, I know they spun this as 'we don't need a crossover' but also it wasn't made required-viewing for the whole continuity as a result, at least not yet. It gives Marvel an out if MK proved to be unsuccessful or unpopular. It doesn't seem like they were told to produce season 1 with the potential for a season 2, ie. investing in a lot of permanent props and appliances etc. They used a Volume for the most part in the Atlanta studios, and location shots: Budapest for the Museum/Hungary for most of the first half of the season, as well as Jordan, and Slovenia for the back half. It mostly seems like it was just supposed to be an incubator to see if people liked the character at all before committing him to a time place and manner within the next 2 phases of the MCU etc. - look what happened with WW1984. Imperiled WB's whole attempt to salvage their DCEU it was that panned.

Loki had the direct benefit of being an open ended question/plot-hole from Endgame, the tentpole of tentpoles. Hawkeye too was an Endgame prologue/sneaky backdoor for Daredevil and Wilson Fisk from Netflix to be adopted into the MCU. Frankly Hawkeye is a christmas story though and I wouldn't watch it without a cup of cocoa, that's the vibes it gives me. Home Alone 2 but with unpowered superhero types.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,135 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Tv shows in general. Most of the shows started pretty strong then kinda had a wobbly middle patch/lull before ending strong again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Fan: “How did Jake kill Harrow although Ammit was inside him and she didn’t prevent Jake from doing that?”

Diab: “Are you sure he’s dead?”

The period from May 2 to May 8 saw people watch 715 million minutes catching the finale on DIsney+. That's an impressive bump as only 618 million minutes got viewed in the week before. But, even more interesting is that Oscar Isaac's MCU series ended up increasing viewership in four out of five weeks debuting on the platform. So, with 3.7 billion minutes viewed during the run, Moon Knight nestles in under The Falcon and the Winter Soldier and above Hawkeye.

Numbers don't s c r e m for season 2...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,793 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Is it just me or were they very quiet about the future of this character at Comic Con?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Director and Oscar Isaac in Cairo currently

Advertisement