Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thinking of upgrading my 151 L24

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

They all have access to the same pool of stock, and the delivery costs are just another makey-uppy cost which offsets the loss incurred through 0% APR on PCP. Always good to take your time and be prepared to let it slide since you are not in a rush. I wouldn't spend over 30k on an L40 now with the Megane-E just around the corner, plus the ID.3 available, but secondhand, the LEAF is a great medium-sized non-SUV car just like the Ioniq 28kWh. It is a first-time EV car, for the most part, but a solid one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭jasonb

Yep, one of the garages also has a 181 L40 SVE, so I can compare the costs for the two options (new and SH) and see how I feel.about it.

Have also asked Electric Autos to value my car as well, to see what they'd pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Redfox25

Alas they all tack on delivery charges in most if not all dealers.

Might be worth asking if there are paint or fabric protection products in that delivery charge that you could opt out of and save a few quid but not sure if Nissan do that or not.

Yep, I reread the email I got, the charges include Metallic paint, car mats, supagard and delivery. So there are possible opt-outs there.

Just a quick update...

Electric Autos had a look at my car today, and are getting back to me with a price. They did a LeafSpy report, which is handy, so I now know I have a SOH of 83.35%, which is good to know.

Am visiting a couple of Dealers tomorrow to get their value on mine, and their best offers for a new car, or for a SH one if I spot one I like. I'm hoping by tomorrow evening to have a better take on whether I'm going to go new, or go SH, and whether I'll do a trade in with mine, or sell it privately. At this stage I'm fairly certain I want an L40 SVE/Tekna (I just don't know the year!), but I'll know that better tomorrow when I drive one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭sh81722

The L40 will be a grand upgrade coming from a bit degraded L24, and I agree the full spec is the way to go if the price is right. They are very nippy compared to the mk 1.5 and also handle a bit better in my opinion. Also the ProPilot and automatic wipers/high beam work remarkably well in the car.

Also do keep an eye on the launch edition L40: There is a way to upgrade the halogen headlamps cheaply (less than 100 quid with aftermarket bulbs) btw if a SV+/Acenta+/LaunchEdT with ProPilot with winter pack would tempt you also as the lack of leather and those lights are the only difference really.

I did that on ours as the poor lights were the only bugbear (and the lack of heaters on the Irish Launch Edition also). And you've gotten used to the poor halogen high beams already so these upgraded lights would be much better than your old car. It's was a night/day type of upgrade.

Thanks for the advice!

Yeah, the Leather Seats don't really interest me half as much as the cold pack and better lights, though obviously that might change tomorrow when I drive one with leather seats! 😊 I'll definitely keep my eyes open with the different options out there...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I used to be a big fan of leather seats but I've gone off them. Most of the fabrics used for seats these days are pretty comfortable and clean easily enough

And since they're breathable, no back sweat to deal with on warm days

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Well, had a test drive in a 211 L40 SVE today and it's a lovely car, so that's my choice of car confirmed.

Now I have to decide if I want a new one, or a second hand one. I've done the figures with a couple of places, and when it comes down to it it's basically €100 extra a month (for 5 years) for a new car. Or €6,000 in total. So I just have to decide if I think a new car is worth that extra money.

A little advice, is the Supagard (for paint and interiors), GAP Insurance (if the car is written off) and Smart 36 Insurance (for chips and paintwork damage etc.) worth it?

Thanks!

After thinking about it over the weekend, I've bitten the bullet and ordered a new L40 SVE. I decided the extra €100 a month was worth it for a new car, I can afford the repayments. I got 4 different values on my car, and the highest was from Nissan Naas, so I went with that as a trade in. I might get a little more with a private sale, but I might not, and obviously trade in is a lot less hassle.

I've been told I'll definitely have one in January, so we'll see how that goes!

Thanks for all the advice everyone, it's much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,826 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

You'll definitely want the GAP insurance in case the car is written off. The other two are kind of dependent on how likely you are to scratch the car

VW have equivalent products for their new car (I think all the brands do) and I decided to get the bodywork insurance

My reasoning was that the paint protection could still get scratched, but money can fix everything, so the insurance would work out better.

I'm going to bring in the car before trade in time and get as much of the scratches (I've already put a few on 😬) fixed before I get the car valued

That's the plan anyway, ask me how well it worked in 3 years

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Yeah, I got some advice about GAP and Smart 36, and the consensus I got was that it's more aimed at PCP purchases (which I think yours is?) as it's so important to have the car in good condition at the end of the 3 years.

I'm going with HP, I just didn't like the "pressure" of keeping the car spotless and keeping an eye on mileage etc., it would feel more like a rental than my car, if you know what I mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

The year doesn’t really matter. Once you get a well kept and tidy car and the deal is good - go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

Ugh… didn’t read the full thread before I answered above…

Excellent choice on the new car. 0% interest rate? If yes - happy days…

Go for the Supaguard, it would certainly help you keep the car cleaner and less prone to get dirty anyway…

Yep, 0%, or I wouldn't be buying it! :) Got the Supagard too, as I have an 8 year old so I reckoned it would come in handy!

Well wear and hope you'll get your new car soon. The SVE spec is nice. Which colour did you go for?

Thanks! Hopefully it will arrive in Jan, and the earlier the better, but we'll see. Technically if it's delayed it doesn't really affect me, I still have my L24 and it'll do me just fine until the new one comes in. First new car in 20 years, so that's exciting!

I went with Black, that's always my first option!

Quick update and quick question...

Garage have confirmed that I have loan approval for the 0% Finance (as expected, but you never know!) and in even better news, they have received delivery of my car, and will register it once they open in the new year. So this should move fairly quickly. I'm gonna drop in next week to have a look at the car.

As for the quick question, what do I have to do to remove my email address from my current Car, so that the Nissan App no longer works with it, and I don't get email etc. when charging finishes?

Thanks...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I just went into my Nissan account and removed the car from my garage, that was all

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Can you let me know where you went into that @slave1 , how you get to it? Is it an online website? I only use the Nissan EV App.

Dropped into the garage today to actually see my new car, and got to take it out for a little spin. Very happy with it, comfy and lots of new gadgets to learn. The Camera Rear View mirror is kinda cool.

• Advertisement

Yeah, it was the mynissan website I think, I can't show you though as I've deleted the car earlier this year and also the mynissan logon.

No worries, I'll have a look into it. Thanks!

The access is via: https://ie.nissanconnect.eu/ and then just remove your old car from "My Garage". That's what I did when I sold the L40 earlier this year.

Great, thanks, will give it a go...

Hey @slave1 and @sh81722...

Finally got around to checking the Nissan Connect EU Website, and I had to register for it. I reckon the Nissan Connect/My Garage thing came in after I'd bought my L24 (2018). I've now registered, and I can add my new car to it when I get it. But, what do I do to 'relinquish' control on my old car. 'Cos right now I can use the NissanConnect EV App on my phone to turn on the heating etc., and I'm guessing the new owner won't want me to do that? :) I have a vague memory in the past of needing to do something to relinquish it, so that the new owner could register themselves on it (i.e. if they try to connect to the car without me relinquishing it,. then they won't be able to). Any ideas?

Thanks!

From being logged on via PC, you can select "remove vehicle"

Sorry, I wasn't clear. My L24 car isn't on Nissan Connect, it's not in "My Garage' as I've never used Nissan Connect before, I registered on it for the first time today.

So what I'm trying to figure out is what do I have to do to remove my access to my L24, so that the new owner can have access. In other words, what way was it done *before* the Nissan Connect website was available?

Thanks...

Gotya, daft as it sounds I’d add it to your garage then delete it, I think that’s all I needed to do, I may have done a “ car is now sold to another owner “ piece upon deletion, I don’t fully remember

Quick update, I finally got this sorted. I had registered with Nissan Carwings online, and that's where my 151 L24 was 'linked' to my email and to my phone app. I've deleted the car there, so that should leave it available for the next owner to connect to it. I'm assuming the Nissan Connect EU website was a replacement to Carwings.

Thanks...

• Advertisement

So, I collected my new car today and am very happy with it. Thanks for all the advice on here when I was choosing, especially to @the_amazing_raisin who pointed out the 0% Finance deal to me and took me down that road! :)

A couple of things. Firstly, I got the Supagard option, and there's a bag of goodies in the boot, wheel cleaner and glass cleaner, fabric cleaner and a sponge etc. I presume that the actual "supagard" was done on the seats etc. and this stuff is just some cleaning products you get with it?

Speaking of getting with it, I got the Type 2 Public charging cable, AND I got a Nissan Granny Cable. I was not expecting the Granny Cable, is it normal to get one with a new Leaf? It's a happy addition anyhow.

Final thing, trying to add the VIN to Nissan Connect's website, and it's telling me that "The VIN is not supported". I'm gonna assume (for the moment) that it's just too soon, and I'll try it again over the next few days and see what happens.

Advertisement