Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,060 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Have already brought Steele in for Raya, and with another FT, the only logical choice is Auba to Kane. Can't afford to bring in Son without taking a hit, and it's very close in the champions league spots in my ML at present.

Starting with:

Steele

James/Livramento/Tsimskis (on basis Robbo is a doubt)

Bilva/Townsend/Salah/Raphinha

Ronaldo/Kane/Antonio

Antonio next on chopping block, although I am hoping his private jet home from international duty has him flying at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,249 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

While both Kane & Son are appealling giving their fixtures, I'm still a bit sceptical on bringing them in just yet.

I would look to defenders first, but Spurs seem to be a few missing this weekend in defensive areas - Skipp is injured, Romero too & Hojbjerg is a doubt. Will Conte try and shut up shop and eek out a 1-0?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Im the same Fitz, I was going to bring Son in but think Ill just do Vardy to Wilson and roll the other transfer till next week when we have more information. It will mean holding Havertz one more week but he's just scored for Germany and he did bag some points in his previous two games in the PL. Spurs are back in Europe next Thursday too so it will be interesting to see if Conte takes the competition seriously and plays a full strength team.

Lukaku doesn't seem to be in team training yet so we might just get one more week of Havertz playing up front. He has to go after this week though for me, he is not returning enough given the fixtures he's had.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 2 FT and tempted to jump for Son/Kane. Options are below, would prefer Son but think don't like selling Foden.

Foden/Vardy to Son/Jesus

Saka/Vardy to ESR/Kane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I am hoping Kane does nothing this weekend - fpl points wise.

Because it would leave me in right dilemma. I planned to save a transfer this week.

So I could do

Antonio OUT Hwang (or similar priced) IN

Duffy OUT Alexander-Arnold IN

--

One of those fork in road decisions.

-

At the moment I have the exact money to do Vardy OUT - Kane IN

Already have Son - but if Kane 'takes off' I will be a bit annoyed.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

He seems to have his eye on a lot of his former Bournemouth players such as Ake etc. In answer to your question I think the value for money could be elsewhere in the Newcastle squad. But Wilson is very consistent when fit. ASM is a fun fpl to own as well.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Is Benrahma to Gallagher for -4 worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭crushproof

Any word on Mount? Debating whether to get rid or not for a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Son & Wilson or Kane & Gallagher. Hmmm

getting rid of vardy and mount.

• Advertisement

had briefly considered Gallagher too, late to the bandwagon but I read today Eze is meant to be close to a return to the first team. If he starts, he will be playing in the advanced midfielder position, instead of Gallagher who will be deeper again. One to keep an eye out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

Had the exact same dilema and ended up on Kane and Gallagher last night, the option to move Kane onto lukaku/ Ronaldo in one move in a few weeks swayed it for me, and once Kane starts scoring will be a nice vc behind Salah,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Any love for Bernardo Silva? He's playing a lot, and very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Vardy to Kane, for free

or

Havertz to Son, for -4

I’m afraid Vardy will start to haul once I get rid of him. And he’s still highly owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Vardy & Gray -> Kane & ESR

or

Vardy & Gray -> Son & Wilson/Ings

50/50 on Kane or Son for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Really tempted to do James (or Rudiger) -> Regulion for a -4.

I think Leicester will score so having double CHE defence will be worthless really. A Spurs CS would be a nice differential this week, given a lot are willing to wait to see how they fare out under Conte first.

Is Regulion & Son Spurs overkill?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Leaning towards Kane over Son as he can be moved onto Lukaku/Ronaldo if needed although if Foden was confirmed as out it would make things easier

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Is that Reece James?

Id never do that, let alone a -4!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Newbie20

I’m torn between doing

Vardy to Kane for a -4

Mount to Son for a -4

or doing nothing

Leicester have decent fixtures after they play Chelsea so I’m wondering if getting rid of Vardy is a mistake?!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I think I’m going to hold. If Spurs had some form it could be condoned but not at the minute.

Yeah!

My thinking is that James will get rotated during the next few GWs and he has come for a 1 minute 1 pointer in the past. And I think that Leicester will score this GW, so I'll be relying on attacking returns. Which he is capable of to be fair. He does has a massive ceiling alright.

If Leicester do score, I don't want to be on double Chelsea defence.

But yeah a -4. It basically needs a Leicester goal, no James return & a Spurs CS for it to work. But if it does work, it would be a nice swing.

Eddie Howe has tested positive for COVID.

Unsure of how much the Newcastle squad will be affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

If all those things happened you would not gain any points. I see no benefit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Yeah exactly my thinking you are left with a Spurs defender & as you said James’ ceiling is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Thinking of - 8 for the following

Out rudiger havertz Auba toney

In reguilon bowen kane wilson

Advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,028 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Rudiger > Cancelo

Benramha > Gallagher

2 FTs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man