Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 12 Transfers

Options
  • 06-11-2021 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭

Sanchez red card - will that be a 1 game ban or a 3 game ban and if its a 3 game ban, who is the likely backup keeper at Brighton. Steele or Scherpen ? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Think it might be 1, which given the crime doesn't really sit right but that's another day's argument.

If you do need to ship on, Guaita or McCarthy are on decent runs, Palace with slightly better fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I need to ship on Sa & I think I’ll be going for Guaita.

Toney & Christensen my other headaches!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,616 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Think I'll do Havertz to Jota now that we know Firminos injury means he is out for several weeks. Im taking FPL so seriously this season that Im off to Lansdowne Road on Thursday to run the eyetest on him first 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,688 ✭✭✭Xander10

It mightn't mean anything, but Scherpen Squad number 16, Steele 23.

Hopefully Potter gives a heads up pre match day.

Scherpen stands 6ft 8in. Must be the tallest keeper in a PL squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I would be surprised if it's not steele, also fucked because he's my sub keeper and I have already made my transfer this week moving Firmino on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've 2 FTs. I'll likely have to use one to move on Havertz. I like the idea of getting either Kane or Son in as I sense a boost for them under Conte.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭macraignil

Sanchez to Guaita done with my one free transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

Want Jota in, likely for Mount. Might even pull the trigger if he scores today

Mbrumbo, Toney also up for the chop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

it will be one game. Steele has been on the bench for every game so I’d imagine he will start.

Also, just a reminder to everyone, it’s international week so you may want to hold off on transfers for a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Can go Vardy to Kane but already brought in Son this week for a blank so is it worth the pain? Any signs of life the last 2 Conte games? I haven't seen much of Spurs at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Have 2 FTs & don't mind taking a -4.

I like to think that having 3 transfers over an international break for a -4 is almost a mini wildcard for free if it pays off.

I'm looking at Havertz -> Son. Not tempted by Jota, yet, even if he is nailed.

Vardy to anybody. Might go cheap so that I won't have much of a benching headache.

And possibly Raphinha out. Leeds fixtures don't look too appealing. Maybe Rudiger/James -> Regulion.

One blank too many for Toney, if you can't score against Norwich leave out the brothel. Saint-Maximin is in, bound to catch fire. McCarthy replaces Sanchez, at least for one gameweek. Otherwise, Vardy is the escape artist...not throwing away a -8 for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I sold Christensen this week but still think he's great value as long as you have a good sub. Not sure what to do with Toney.

Mbeumo and Toney have been frustrating to own. We all know their underlying stats are pretty decent but on the pitch after 11 GWs Toney is on 2 goals and 2 assists and Mbeumo is on 2 goals and no assists. Brentford have scored 13 goals so far with the two of them getting 4 of them. Their goals seem to be coming from all places rather than Toney and Mbeumo being the main men. Think I'll stick with Mbuemo for one or two more games but right now he is looking like a trap along the lines of Adama Traore

• Registered Users Posts: 37,783 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

What keeper would you bring in for three weeks, price not an issue?

Sanchez out and my other keeper has a very bad run of fixtures.

Just to be clear I don’t own any spurs defenders but 3 of their next 4 are at home, and they have Leeds, Burnley(A), Brentford and Norwich - not a bad set of fixtures if Conte can work some magic. Failing that Palace have decent fixtures I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’m stuck in a dilemma… James, Chilwell , Cancelo & Trent all killed me since the last IB.

Do I just go with them or do I look elsewhere. I’m not sure I’m ready for the same medicine between now & Xmas.

While I do like Spurs defenders now, they don’t offer much attacking wise & with that the others are absolutely crushing it.

I was always a fan of the big at the back strategy, so the last 4 weeks have hurt

Smith-Rowe in for Gray

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Vardy and one of Gray/Mbuemo out

Saint-Maximin and Son in.

Both without much for but decent fixtures, hoping the international break gives the new managers a chance to turn it around. Son is always a worry coming back from Korea after IB's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭steve_r

The Sanchez red card is a pain as my sub doesn’t play.

Trying to choose between:

Steer and Havertz to Foden/Jota and Foster, or

Vardy and Havertz to Son and Jiminez

The latter was the original plan but not having a playing GK is not ideal.

• Advertisement

I meant keeper wise spurs/Palace might be a good shout.

Thanks for that, was considering Lloris and your post got me there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Thinking of Gray to Gallagher or Zaha

No GK isnt ideal but if you went to Foster who plays Man United he is less than likely to get a clean sheet and you end up using a transfer just to get 2 points. Then you're stuck with Foster in a leaky Watford defense and their fixtures after that are Leicester, Chelsea, Man City- its hard to see clean sheets there either. So you could end up in an even worse situation.

It might be better to just suck up Sanchez' one game ban and just play with 10 men for one gameweek. The other assumption is Sanchez goes straight back into the side and doesnt lose his spot to Brighton 2nd keeper Steele. It seems like he is nailed though and should be straight back into the side after serving the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Vardy to Kane. Fcuk it

He's out for two league games and then his first game back is away to West Ham so I don't think hanging on to him is a good idea.

ok right, I didnt know that, the FPL site is saying he is suspended until Nov 27th which is a game day but they must mean he is suspended till after that game. Worth selling in that case, Ramsdale or Guiata would look to be the best replacements.

Surprised he got a two game ban as it was just a trip rather than a two footed out of control tackle but I suppose he did deny a genuine goal scoring opportunity that might have won Newcastle the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Why would he be out for more than one game? It wasn't violent conduct.

Maybe you are right then, I thought they had two fixtures before the 27th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,392 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Any love for Newcastle attackers, now that Howe is in?

Advertisement