Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 11 Matchday Thread.

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Antonio? Yea I had him at the start of the season, and then swapped him out for Lukaku. But not owning someone and not selling someone is two different things. There is no striker in the league that is doing anything. So the way I see it with a mid price striker in a team that is flying is that the hold and wait strategy is better than the sell and gamble on another player strategy.

For those that have Antonio that want to sell - who are you buying that's not a punt?

First off, every player bought is a punt.

I’m not saying you are disingenuous but since you sold Antonio for Lukaku you have bought 3 other strikers in selling Aubameyang, Werner and Lukaku and you bought - Werner, Wood and Wilson.

So at any time you could have done a straight, 1 free transfer, swap to Antonio had you so desired but you went differential with Wood and Wilson.

Antonio has only had 2 attacking returns in his last 7 games and he scored 40 points, of his total of 61 points, in his first 3 games - 13,16,11.

West Ham are also facing 4 of the better defences - Man City, Brighton, Chelsea and Arsenal in their next 6 games and Burnley (no slouches on their day) in 1 of their other 2 games.

So maybe I can see why you are advising people to hold on to Antonio and especially as you’re not advocating as an owner yourself. It would give your differentials a chance to gain ground.

Also not sure why you think he has to be sold for a different striker. He could be moved on for a premium defender or a mid-priced midfielder.

the rules of the game state that a striker sold must be replaced by a striker - so by the logic alone if you sell him you have to buy another striker.

As for who I buy or don’t buy - if you go through my posts when I brought in Wilson and Wood I said I didn’t love the idea but didn’t hate it either. Both have got me a 1 goal in the last two games.

For you to imply that I’m telling me to keep someone because it could somehow help me gain ground both laughable but a bit out of order imo.

i find it strange that you constantly pick my posts out to have a go - but never anyone else - do you go and look at what other posters say and then have a look at their team to see if they have a player or not? Is it a rule that i or anyone else can’t comment about a player unless we have them?

Yes if you sell him you have to buy another striker but there are other formations that allow you to bench a 4.5m striker if there are better options elsewhere.

You owned him.

You sold him.

You’ve bought 3 strikers since and didn’t buy him.

He has a very tough run coming up.

You’re advocating holding him.

It just doesn’t make sense to me.

ok well my opinion was that there is no other striker performing, and he is in a team that is third in the table and creating chances. Sell if you want, it doesn’t affect me in any way - the fact that 5 people thanked the post I’m guessing others have similar views.

But let’s just keep in civil and move on

• Advertisement

‘Let’s keep it civil’ - Are you serious ?

The amount of people that I seem to offend. I’d hate to see the response if I went after someone. Are youngsters really this brittle ? it’s no wonder I’ve pretty much stopped using the site.

I’ve not seen a poster that drags so many suggestions over the coals (you) and now you’re offended by what I’ve posted ?

Unreal.

Those 5 poster that thanked you did so before they knew you had sold him and recently bought 3 strikers that weren’t him.

Anyway, I’ll leave you all to it again in case I accidentally become responsible for an increased need in counsellors.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I know Liverpool aren’t the tightest at the back at the moment and there are cheaper defenders offering great value like James, Chilwell and Cancello but for me what Trent offers is some level of certainty in such an uncertain game. He’s nailed to start on an elite team and should finish just shy of 200 points bar any injuries or a serious dip in form for Liverpool. For 7.5 mill (what most would of bought him for) I’m happy to just stick him in, take his points and stress about the many other decisions there are to worry about.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

69 sees me rise from 131k to 81k.

I have a double Brentford sized problem as well as a forward line thats returned 10 points in 2GWs. I have 4.8m and 2FTs to do a bit of surgery, but there isn't anyone leaping out off the page at present. I'll re-assess Thursday week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,621 ✭✭✭Cartman78

56(-4)..... disastrous couple of weeks...dropped from 55K to 145K 🤬

Son didn't pay off instantly but hoping Conte might get a tune out of him somehow.

My main rival (who I was within ~20 points of recently) has really bombed on with Ramsdale, Chilwell and James etc. is now on the fringes of the top 1K.

Will keep ploughing on.... it's shaping up to another turgid struggle though

I don't think I've ever argued that he's not a good player who will return, my concern was that at his price is he value in comparison to others in the game? Which in reality doesn't make a difference, but if you have more expensive players up top or in midfield going on a scoring spree, he is the obvious player to be downgraded imo.

If you look at Robbo at 7m who plays in the same team and who has gone toe to toe assist wise over last few seasons with TAA - would you say he's value? Probably not, Would you take Robbo at 6m? Again probably not - you would be more included to go for a Chelsea defender because as a team they are tighter in defense.

TAA will return over the course of the season there is little argument there. At this point of the season there is no premium striker who is performing and returning and is a must have, some have shown flashes, if I was WC tomorrow i would probably brining in TAA and go light up top, but that could easily swing if form of high priced players turned. Indeed at the start of the season I had TAA, and sold him in GW4 I think and went big up top with Ronaldo, Lukaku and Auba - has that worked out? probably not.

Anyway it's internationals now - time for a break from FF :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah Im in the exact same boat on Trent, reckon he is the most likely to assist Salah so is likely a season keeper for me. Liverpools defence is leaking though which is the down side of him at the moment, theyre not keeping clean sheets in the way they used to. The problem with that seems to be that they havent truly replaced the role that Winaldjum played but Klopp has solved these types of problems in the past and Id expect him to do so again.

I know your not saying he’s a terrible pick and just arguing that he’s not essential as some seem to think when he gets a double digit score. Just giving my 2 cents on why he’s nailed on my team, along with Salah.

It’s a shame Liverpool aren’t a little tighter but I think they are about 1 clean sheet every two games so it’s not so bad. Just about enough value for me along with his attacking threat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

TAA 64pts 7.7 mil

Vardy 60pts 10.8 mil

Auba 38pts 10.1 mil

Kane 27pts 12.2 mil

Jesus 50pts 8.7mil(started 9/11 games)

Trent cheaper than some big strikers and outscoring them

Advertisement