Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 NFL season - Week 9 thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Packers special teams today, missed, FG, blocked FG, punt downed at the 1, muffed punt, not sure KC are allowed to advance it, but hell, great field position.

no catch imo. GB can't catch a break today it seems.

Jordon Love looks ragged. even his completions are off target. Defintiely would not give me confidence if I was a Packers fan. He's no rookie either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I think fans of the Bears, Lions and Vikings will be very happy watching Love. Even as far as backups go he's been very poor. Looks a sorry sight too whenever the camera zooms in on his face.

What the hell are Green Bay at? KC look to be there for the taking today, but the Packers are not at the races on offence or special teams. Defense do its part though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,824 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Packers defense are putting a serious gloss on this performance. Love has been a mess and he's been around long enough not to get too much forgiveness for inexperience, fairly or unfairly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Imagine being the packers gm today trying to justify upsetting Aaron Rodgers so you could get your guy that will replace him...

How did the 49ers get so bad? I K ow they had injuries last year, but they were in the SB 2 years ago, and they getting gashed by Cardinals reserve offence at home.

Yes, not doing much to instill confidence in your debut. Can't get out of their own way atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭letowski

Calamity there for GB just when they were putting together a decent drive.

Love has looked so shaky and unsettled in his first outing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

If Rodgers was there I think the Packers would have won easily. Love didn't show much, power firmly in Rodgers' hands now after that. Perfect timing fir him as things were souring over the whole covid thing.

Patriots can win their division now. Huge game against the Browns next week, if they win that they could be ahead of the Bills by the time they meet them. They meet them their last week before their bye and then immediately after the bye again.

I don't know what's happened to Buffalo but they've been awful for two consecutive weeks now.

Cardinals looked great without Kyler Murray, DeAndre Hopkins, AJ Green and Chase Edmonds, who limped off never to be seen again early in the first quarter. Colt McCoy went 22 of 26 for 249 yards and a TD.

Really looking forward to the night game. I think it'll be high scoring and close for a long time.

They brought in Adrian Peterson to cover fir Derrick Henry's injury but I remember Jeremy McNicholl playing college ball at Boise State and he was a workhorse and I fancy he can do a great job for the Titans.

Jags beating the bills really is the definition of "on any given Sunday..."

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What a bizarre evening of football that was. The eagles lost and I haven’t looked at how my picks went but I don’t think it went well for me or anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Think the people bashing him are being unfair. There were a few plays where it looked like the receiver and Love were completely out of tune which happens when you don't get reps with them in camp or practice (Fields and Allen Robinson a perfect example of that you will be all too aware of). His line also sucked, and special teams was pathetic as well.

I did find it funny how they put Love's family in the nosebleeds. Someone on Reddit pointed out that it was the Packers fault and not the Chiefs as the Packers are given tickets for family, but obviously didn't give good ones to his family. Another person pointed out that they probably forgot until the last minute as it has been so long since they had to give game tickets to the family of their starting QB 😄

If it does turn out that Love sucks then that was a sweet glimpse into their future and I hope to see more of it in the coming years.

"Another person pointed out that they probably forgot until the last minute as it has been so long since they had to give game tickets to the family of their starting QB "

Laughed out loud at that

The bears offense is so exhausting to watch. Everything seems to be difficult for them, never any rhythm, never any flow. Mistakes, penalties, needless time outs. They've only played seven downs so far and we've seen all of the above.

I'd like to say the defense mages it better but they were atrocious on the first drive. So depressing. Just keep fields safe until we can get out of this season!

This could be a painful night for the Bears, already 7-0 down after they started with a three and out. Second drive on now, return man too it out if the end zone to the ten yard line and immediately backed up to the five by a false start. On too of that they are without Khalil Mack and Alec Ogletree.

Illegal formation after a **** pointless timeout. Jesus this is incompetent.

The real question is why am I watching this instead of the Bulls.

• Advertisement

F**k NFL officiating. Crew of jokers.

Bulls is blacked out here. Honestly with refereeing this bad it really does make you question why you spend your time watching it. If anyone got rodgers or Brady the way they got fields on that drive they'd show that player their own entrails before hanging them from the nearest rafter. Disgusting

The no roughing call on Fields when they called Mario Edwards Jr for brushing up against Ben is sickening. Add in the insane low block phantom foul to cancel a TD and like you said I don't know why we bother watching. It happens far too much and there are never any consequences for the refs.

Pretty typical that when the offense puts together a really good drive the defense **** the togs. I don't get a sense that one side of the ball cares that much about the work of the other. And the indiscipline is ridiculous. And then you have Grant. So much to hate, nearly all of it on the coaching.

A special teams touchdown? Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in

I don't know if I can watch this league anymore and I'm being serious. This is absolutely sickening.

The refs have decided this game. It's not a sport anymore.

We just won the ball back with a great sack, and the refs invented a taunting penalty from thin air to give the Steelers a first down. I'm done with the NFL, total joke.

Yeah I think I'm done, if I thought for a moment there might be some kind of accountability for this performance from them I might feel differently but nothing will be done. It's a disgrace.

Well the Bears can take a lot from that game despite being screwed by the officials.

Fields has definitely improved and Kmet is becoming a serious target which will help Fields, Mooney and Robinson a lot.

• Advertisement

If it's even possible I feel sicker after that than I did after the Parkey game. At least we deserved to lose that due to one of our own players. Tonight they played the entire game against both the Steelers and the refs and absolutely did not deserve to lose.

Justin Fields showed he is legit so there is that one bright spot, but it's not enough to make up for everything else.

Advertisement