Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW11 Transfer thread-time to earn your Spurs?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thats the connundrum I have as well. Doing Antonio down to Toney would allow me do Vardy to Kane the following week. But the problem is Toney hasnt really shown form even though his upcoming fixtures are good. I think if you are selling Antonio it has to be this week so you get Toney v Norwich.

Im still on the fence about it, right now Im leaning towards not doing it or any transfer and going into the international break with 2 free transfers. I can see the argument that Toney might outscore Antonio over the coming 4 GWs but at the same time I think Antonio will keep ticking along. One thing to bear in mind is that Antonio scored against Man City in both fixtures last season so he can do it versus the harder defences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

And Liverpool are giving up alot of chances this year, even in games they dominate.

Can see that being a very close game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Hwang is the player to downgrade to if shipping Antonio & looking for cash for upgrading to a premium.

After the internationals. I’ll be doing Antonio to Hwang & Aubameyang to CR7

• Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

No Ings this week which makes Livramento more appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I've done it. Even if Antonio scores, I don't think he'll haul anytime soon. I can also do Jimi>Antonio in a few weeks if needs be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Wilson looks appealing, 2 goals in last 3 games, Brentford, Norwich and Burnley at home in the next 5 (along with trips to Brighton and Arsenal)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah they are and Klopp even mentioned it after the last game, he said something along the lines that they had full control at 2-0 and gave it up. However I think now that Fabinho is back from injury that should help plug the gaps.

Antonio, amongst others, starts for West Ham tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,556 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

They are prob already thru and have pool on Sunday - would have thought he would rest him

I thought the same. Especially before an international break in which he will have a lot of traveling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Will probably do KDB to Son this week, fancy that Everton team to leak a couple

Listening to a podcast this morning and they had a Villa fan on. The Villa fan seemed very despondent on Villa's chances this weekend. No Konsa, no Luiz & no Ings. The vital components to the spine of that team. Mings has been dropped lately and will have to play which wouldn't full you with confidence.

Which is leading me to actually starting Livramento. But I have a bit of a benching headache.

Need to bench two of Vardy, Jimi, Raphinha, Livramento, Antonio.

I am starting 2 Chelsea, Cancelo, Mbueno & Havertz, Salah.

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Shipped Jesus and McArthur for Gallagher and Edouard. No captain poll yet ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm also considering starting Livramento. Only real options for benching are Zaha and Antonio. I benched Zaha last weekend for Livramento and Zaha ended up scoring. If he can score against City last weekend, Wolves this weekend is pretty doable too. Antonio has Liverpool which is a tough enough fixture but Liverpool's defense isn't impenetrable and he can score against more or less anyone. I think Livramento will be good for a clean sheet but either of those 2 are good for a goal. Such a headache.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is there a need for one with Salah being everyone's default now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I was starting Livramento over Walker before he got injured, his points return have been incredible lately for his price and Villa are in a bad place with players out as you mentioned above.

Me personally I would definitely start Vardy (against an awful Leeds defence recently) and Jiminez (in good form to a well organised Palace side but still conceding)

Tough between the other 3 - Antonio (still a threat against Liverpool but Europe to be factored in), Livramento (for the points you made above) & Raphinha (Leeds look awful at times even last week before and after his goal but against a Leicester side leaking goals, if Leeds score Raphinha more than likely be involved)

I'd prob start Raphinha and bench Livramento, Antonio in that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dicky2016

Is Son heading off on International Duty before this nice swing of fixtures not a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Looking at Gray to Mbeumo who is back from injury and has Norwich this GW and Newcastle away next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,621 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is Mount to Son and Azpi to Johnson (WHU) worth a hit?

Had planned to bank but sick of the pair of them at this stage 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I might be wrong, but thought Johnson was covering for Coufal who was injured, but he played last night so you could end up with a non playing player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

WHU fan here, not sure how long more Johnson keeps Coufal out. He's been brilliant while Coufal was injured but Coufal has been brilliant for 18 months now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

TAA or Mount, don't fancy pool to keep hammers out but Mount is unlikely to start, leaning towards Taa in case of attacking returns

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Fairly sure I'm hitting the wildcard tonight after the deadline so I'm looking for a 1 week punt at 7.4 or less for a mid or 4.8 or less in defence. Torn between zaha moura and ziyech in midfield feel ziyech is on the verge of a haul. Or for defenders Henry Mitchell or tavares for a defender but Tierney could be back. Anyone any preferences or alternatives?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'd be wary of Ziyech not starting.

Mbuemo, Trossard, ESR, Bernardo?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Trossard is a superb option this gameweek I think.

Cheers for the replies on Ben Johnson @Ace2007 and @Shedite27

Actually pulled the trigger on Mount to Son and Cancelo to White instead for a hit.

Had a shocker of a week last time out so hoping some uncharacteristic FPL bravery might pay off

Yeah that's what's making me hesitant. Not sure about trossard playing the false 9 again and I have auba as arsenal cover. Zaha could be the best option I think but ziyech is the fun pick but riskiest

Right I'm off the ziyech punt. Zaha or trossard if I was sure maupay wouldn't come back in id go trossard but is there any reliable news on it?

I'm at the benching Antonio stage!

In my head (maybe heart over head!), Liverpool looked much better defensively with Fabinho back and kept a CS midweek. Antonio played a day later and blanked in PL the last time he started midweek in EL.

I'd rather play Antonio over Vardy and even though Vardy missed a penalty midweek, he has scored from play the weekend after he has played midweek twice this year. Surely he'll be determined to make up for his miss midweek too. Parting gift hopefully. Vardy is definitely my worst owned player consistently.

• Advertisement

I got to the benching Antonio stage yesterday evening.

It's possibly a red tinted glass decision on my behalf as well, rather than a clinical FPL call.

Advertisement