Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW11 Transfer thread-time to earn your Spurs?

Options
  • 02-11-2021 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭

Think I'll roll it this week as just off the back of a good week with 7 of 11 returning. Meaning Havertz gets one more game v Burnley before moving him on as it looks like Lukaku will be back for GW12. Im going to keep patience with Vardy as well for a good fixture vs Leeds.

Will also be good to see Spurs first game under Conte and then go into the international break with 2FTs to deal with potential injuries or make a move for either Kane or Son. Regulion also a potential target if Conte plays a wing back system.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Marcal for Lowton. Lowton will be on the bench this week as a back up but burnley have a decent run after the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Have 2 FTs so will need to use one. Want to keep the 2 FTs for the break so only going to use one.

I'm looking at maybe selling Vardy to free up funds for elsewhere, and will have eyes on Son & Regulion.

Also slightly considering Townsend to Cornet. But might leave that for the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭macraignil

Rage transferred out Reguilon for Reece James after his benching for the game last week. (Did Nuno want to get himself fired by playing Davies ahead of Requilon against Man. Utd.?) Also wanted to get James in before his price rise. Looks likely to be a second price rise this week for James and I'm thinking not having a Chesea defender has cost me a lot over the last few weeks. Probably see James being rested now that I brought him in and Requilon playing as wing back for Conte and getting assists and clean sheets most weeks.

Anybody think Cornet at Burnley is worth the 6million? I read he has been played in the past as a full back but he seems more like an out and out winger for the highlight clips I have seen and thinking he might be my Townsend replacement next week as Everton seem to be lost without Doucoure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,556 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I am thinking Harry Kane in . Spurs have a nice run now. Also new manager effect . Problem is I have to take out a certain Mr Ronaldo to get Kane in

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Im thinking Kane or maybe Son for Spurs good run of fixtures GW12-15 from where it is an easy switch to Ronaldo for Uniteds amazing streak of easier fixtures which lasts all the way to GW27 at the end of February. United play the entire bottom half of the table during that period with only West Ham being tricky. Might have to plan for Bruno during that streak as well.

There is a nice transition there as well as you'd have Kane in GW15 vs Norwich and then get Ronaldo in GW16 vs Norwich

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,241 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Reguilon could be good option now under Conté. Known for playing attacking wing backs

And he's dropped in price

However I'll wait

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah Ive got eyes on Regulion as well but will wait this week to see how they line up v Everton. Would likely have to find 0.6m to upgrade Duffy as I dont want to move off a backline of Livra, TAA, Chilwell and Cancelo just yet. But if Conte organises them at the back like he did Chelsea and Inter they should start to keep a fair few clean sheets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭steve_r

Hi all, looking for a bit of advice after a few bad weeks.

Team below

Sanchez/steer

TAA/Chilwell/Dias/Livramento/White

Salah/Raphinha/Sarr/Kai/Allan

Antonio/Vardy/Toney

There's no obvious transfer jumping out at me - I'd like to do Sarr to Cornet, but not this week. I'd also like to see how the new Spurs look.

Is banking the FT the way to go? Feels weird to do that after a few red arrows but I'm not seeing an obvious move

• Registered Users Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Lost out big time on the Chelsea lottery.....have Mount and Azpi but tempted to hang on to them at this stage and save a transfer.

Will have a bit of a benching headache this GW....so much so that I briefly considered BB but I'll keep it for a DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Anyone with Azpilicueta, interested to hear your thoughts on what you're doing with him.

I brought him in before GW7 and his 10 point haul feeling very smug. Got 6 points the week after and didn't feature the last 2 games. (Although Livramento came in for a 9 & 6 pointer)

Also I own Chilwell. I'd love Reece James but feels very sideways and he could easily be dropped as well. No knowing with Tuchel.

CL today could tell us a lot about the team for the weekend. Are people sticking or twisting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I don’t think it’s a sideways move. James should play & if you have bench cover his ceiling is ridiculous.

I went double Chelsea defence a while bsck & didn go James because injured at time (was always my intention to go sideways). But I kept putting out other fires & last week went Dias ahead of him (due to fixtures) with intention to going to James.

before Conte appointment , I went ahead with -4 KdB (absolute disaster) to Son & Tierney to James.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Well he played with 90 mins in Malmo but fupp knows what that means for the weekend.

I think I'll keep him for now anyway.

No sign of Mount in the squad either fwiw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I'm thinking Antonio>Toney. Then next week a -4 for Cancelo+Havertz to Reguilon+Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭The Guru 123

Got rid of Ronaldo a few weeks ago and haven't been punished too badly yet but looking at him again tonight I think it might be a case of get him back in and just leave him there for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,248 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The price rise tonight, along with him being rested is tempting me to do TAA -> James for this weekend. Who can then become Regulion later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I agree. Could be a huge differential & captain selection (should Salah quieten down)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm keeping an eye on Cornet. From the highlights on MoTD, he seemed to be playing up front alongside Wood and got into plenty of good positions.

My move this week was Gray to ESR. I flagged ESR on here a few weeks back as he didn't score for Arsenal one of the weeks but got into loads of good positions and had plenty of shots. I went for Gallagher in my WC however!

Have since changed Gallagher to Foden (just to miss out on his points last week) but have now changed Gray to ESR. Everton looked terrible Monday evening and Gray was poor. I was surprised he lasted as long as he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Thinking of Azpi to James or Chilwell this week as I have 2FT.

Want rid of Vardy but just not sure who to get in so will likely give him another week and try get Son in with 2FT for GW12

Matip OUT

Reguilon IN

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Currently have Rudiger, should I be dumping him for James? Just feel James is a higher rotation risk for the higher points potential.

Currently my bench is NOK so players being rotated is not a good idea. Need to deal with Gilmour and Marcel

Also got Foden last week so non playing bench could hurt bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

If I had 2 FT's, I would use 1 and do Azpi to Chilwell. Then hang onto the other transfer so you will have 2 FT's for after the international break.

I own Chilwell already so have double Chelsea defence and now will prob leave Azpi there for this weekend on the off chance he starts. He might go in that back 3 instead of the RWB, maybe wishful thinking. My bench is decent and rather the 2 FT's for after the international break like yourself.

Vardy, Gray, Azpi out to Hwang, Son, Cancelo for a -4 for GW12 pending injuries/suspensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Have Christensen but seeing him play last night pretty much will guarantee he wont be playing the weekend, tempted to take him out now for Chilwell

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SkySter

Did Azpi to James last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have done the same today, raging to miss the 0.2 swing

Swooped ahead of the price hike, Azpi to James seemed only natural after the former had three successive benches. Took a -4 with Gallagher coming in for Townsend. Got to go with those form horses. Sticking with attacking trinity of Antonio/Vardy/Toney one more week. Another blank from Vardy and he becomes a cash generator. Possibly to Hwang, and then an eye on TAA or Son depending how the fixture list pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Half thinking a punk on Callumn Wilson for Antonio.

Either that or GRay to ESR.

Is getting rid of Antonio madness?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I wouldn't say it was madness but I don't think holding on to him is a bad idea. He has difficult fixtures now but you'll probably want him back when his fixtures turn again. He is the type of player where you can't count him out of getting a return against any one. If Zaha and gallagher can score against city, then Antonio has a decent chance of it too. Plus, who the hell do you replace him with? Nobody is really doing the job up front.

Yeah, exactly my fear, he's the type of player who could score against anyone. I'd be bringing in Toney. He's very dry on goals but fixtures are great and more importantly it allows me to bring in Son. I think I'll chance it. Even if Antonio scores the odd goal, I don't think he'll haul at least.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I already have Toney but if I didn't I would be considering getting him in alright just for the run of games he has. Toney has Norwich this week so it'll be a great game to see his form. If Toney struggles against Norwich at home you probably won't want him any more. Maybe hold off doing Antonio to Toney this week and see what happens. Antonio has Liverpool at home which isn't ideal but Brighton put 2 past them the other day so West Ham and Antonio could get something out of it. Then decide next week if you want to do that move or do something else.

Advertisement