Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Cleaning/Polishing irons

• 29-10-2021 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭ Motivator

Anyone know the best way to get scuff/scratch marks off irons without damaging the clubface? I don’t want to use any polish or something unsuitable for obvious reasons.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,337 ✭✭✭✭ prawnsambo

I would think that anything that would remove scratches would by definition damage the face. The only way to remove scratches without removing some of the metal surrounding the scratch would be to add metal to it. Which wouldn't exactly be something you could do yourself or quite frankly want to do since it requires lots of heat.

You could possibly use a light abrasive paste like T-Cut that would have minimal effect on the surface and would possibly clean it up a little, but I would experiment on an old club before I tried anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭ dan_ep82

If they're a shiny metal just use metal polish.

If they're painted there's not much you can do.

Advertisement