Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC 267: Błachowicz vs. Teixeira

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

WOW!!!!

What a moment!! Delighted for Glover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,284 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Jan made a mess of that takedown. Unreal for glover what a story

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Jan couldn't deal with the pressure from Glover.

Great stuff.

Fair **** to Glover. Smothered Blachowicz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Wonder what Paolo Costa is thinking now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭hawaii501

What a win by Glover. Thought it would have been polish power.

Don't think Jan shouldn't have brought the kid over, say thats a big distraction for fight week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

He's probably thinking I'll crack open another bottle of Merlot

• Subscribers Posts: 41,854 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

two great fights to finishteh card.

yan cause hes tough as fcuk, and glover cos shucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,961 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just delighted for Glover. And I think he'll have more fans than ever after his interview and his celebrating with the fans on the way back to the dressing rooms.

• Advertisement

That was a very enjoyable evening of fighting. It's great having them on at a civilised hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Two great guys in the main event.

Delighted for Glover, to do that at that age after the Jon Jones defeat 7 years ago and work his way back is unbelievable. Complete hero.

Fantastic card, some great fights and performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

light heavyweights poor if thats the champ. jan b was atrocious. looked like an amateur on the ground in the first. heavyweight also fairly poor looking at volkov and tybura.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,930 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

safe to say jones would still be champ and looking at what's there now he'd be champ for a few more years

I think his fight with santos meant santos was not the same fighter, maybe the same with reyes, Jiri is exciting but leaves himself wide open

he'll be knocked out by a decent striker.

sometime next year Ankalaev could be fighting for that belt.

Gane and Ankalaev will imo be champs this time next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,961 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I wonder if Glover would look fir a rematch with Jones? It'd be a big money fight for a guy who can't have long left.

jones too heavy to get to light heavy if he even comes back. liability as a person. untouchable as a fighter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I think this Hasbullah lad is overrated. Conor Jnr will defeat him easily probably via spinning back kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,930 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I can't see Jones working his way back to LW now after all the time spent bulking up...that is if he's still with the ufc

who even wants to fight him now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,162 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

While Jones was never a mega draw . he's still a bigger name than most so I think when he comes back he won't have a problem finding opponents especially as many will feel he is vulnerable due to him been out so long and his problems outside the ring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,814 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Jan had a terrible night, He really looked awful in the cage but fair play to Glover , If i was him I'd retire now nothing else to achieve but that champ money will keep him going for at least one more,

Ps: Jones will never fight at LHW in the UFC ever again ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Anyone else think in the co-main event that D.C. was ridiculously biased toward Sandhagen? Throughout the fight he only ever seemed to chime in to say something positive about Sandhagen. Only at the end very end of the fifth did he grudgingly admit that he likely had not done enough to win. Then in his post-fight interview with Yan his first two questions were asking him questions about Sandhagen. I really like Cory Sandhagen and his own post-fight interview showed his class but I thought D.C. wasn't very professional.

• Advertisement

yan is so good i think his bias towards sandhagen was probably not a conscious one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭barryribs

I thought DC was surprisingly good on commentary last weekend. When he doesn't have someone who plays along with the yahoo-isms and garbage that he goes on with ie. Joe Rogan, he's much more focused.

Back to business as usual this weekend with the circus of Rogan screaming OOOOOHHHHHH or HE'S HURT.

Advertisement