Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hidden Assets - RTE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

The story starting to get a little muddled, the spat between to two Belgian detectives very annoying and odd. What exactly Angela doing in Belgium, waiting for for a ride 🤔 , didn't someone think to check the Toilets at the strand Hotel a little more thoroughly first time round 🤔 , I'd suspect at this rate of the investigation in Belgium, the chief inspector would be looking for a new job .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭sully123

Surely if you fell from that height there wouldnt be much of you left to identify.

Could have been a soft landing so to speak 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,800 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

So Emer now has a desk in the Belgian detective office? She settled in very quickly!

And Nora with her whiteboards and neatly drawn boxes (just enough to fill the whiteboard, no more) is just a bit too much of a stereotype for my liking.

I fear I'm going to need a whiteboard of my own to keep track of the story, it's growing so many legs!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

It's getting very convoluted and disjointed and all a bit silly . Level of acting isn't of a particular high standard either. Better than Kin but not by much

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Episodes 3 and 4 have been a lot less enjoyable than the first 2.

Hopefully will see more of Siobhan in the remaining ones.

Joe Duffys normally the one for plugging Louis Copeland , there'll be outrage on DA Liveline tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 9,907 ✭✭✭thesandeman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭De Bhál

There's usually one plot/storyline heavy episode in these shows and once over with back to a bit of action. Hopefully that was tonight's episode as it got right tied up in knots there.

Also, Nora is not the best actor I've ever seen on TV.

That spaceship piece of architecture is getting some airtime. Hopefully it takes off or something.

i actually thinks its a decent watch. i think the main Belgian detective is a fine actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

As Sunday evening entertainment goes, it's pretty good. Park reality for a little bit, switch off and enjoy it. Line of Duty had some pretty absurd stuff in it too, to be fair.

Hidden Assets is far more interesting and enjoyable to watch than Kin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,362 ✭✭✭✭siblers

He's the best thing about it. Angeline Ball isn't a good enough lead either imo. Wonder if she was first choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Is Ball playing the same character that se played in the series with Elaine Cassidy* a few years back?

*Husband gets murdered on a business trip and wife uncovers dirty dealings the company where they work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

I watched one episode of this and I liked it better than Kin. Kin was too cliche'd

Loved that episode. It's certainly got a few twists and turns that keep the interest.

Emer isn't the strongest lead but the subtle chemistry between her and Christian is very well done. He's a fine character, although his lad Vince is clearly as bent as uri gellers spoon and I'm not sure he's completely on to him yet.

When she cracked open the red pen it was pretty funny

• Registered Users Posts: 81,179 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Christian would make a great Dutch gangster to appear in an upcoming episode of Fair City, he could smuggle in an illicit container load of plastic straws for McCoy's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,992 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

That's right - she is. It was called Acceptable Risk. It seems to be a bit arbitrary as there is no link with that storyline whatsoever, unless it still has to emerge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

there didn’t need to be a link I suppose

years later, a new case

maybe the intent was a series or when developing this they decided to hire Ball again and thought may as well be the same character

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭McGarnigle2020

Gripping stuff, still baffled as to how it was written by the same lad responsible for the hilariously bad Kin.

My opinion (not a spoiler, just a guess)- Bibi's father in law for sure, and possibly husband, are knee deep in Fionn's dodgy dealings. Bibi mentions he was thrown out of a plane, 10 seconds later dad in law reminds us he owns a private plane.....

Occasionally getting a bit preachy, have a feeling the bomb will have been a false flag to boost the right wingers political campaign (Belgium has had enough real ISIS attacks without having to embellish a few)

De Jong is gonna seriously regret treating his underling like shyte soon enough, not crediting him for working out where Fionn's body was and not inviting him to the murder scene will come back to bite him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

So where is it all heading? Bombing campaign orchestrated by Canadian businessman (Michael Ironside) to provoke an anti-Islamic backlash and get the far-right politician into power and thus be his puppet. Allow unhindered development of land, etc. The politician and Ironside will both be involved in the conclusion regardless, the focus on them not yet clear but they're not being regularly referred to for no reason.

O Jesus, Nora wiping the white board clean 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Siobhan is so hot in this

Culprit found 😆

I'd presume the forensics (fingerprints) would have been completed by now on that laptop, why is the annoying know all detective still wearing latex gloves 🤔

Nora is getting stranger by the minute

Why would they need fingerprints??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

.. she's getting ready for the whiteboard version of the face recognition

Advertisement