Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Good to Go - Food App

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

same thing for me tonight in Aldi Trim. first time using the app. no boxes available. I'll stay clear next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Blackpool in Cork had 8 people queuing and staff packed good boxes.

2 apple cake

Lemon drizzle

Apple corners

Apples

Potatos

Coleslaw

Rashers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Too Good to Go really should have a few mystery shoppers to randomly get boxes and see how places are doing their system

At the the of the day Too Good to Go not Aldi or whoever will get the bad feedback etc

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

Got an Aldi box tonight ( Dublin) and I was really happy with what I got for 3.99

2 X 500g chilli and lime chicken wings

Large stuffed pork joint

2 X 500g mince

Large pack of sliced chicken

2 X packs sliced roast beef

Pack burger buns

Coleslaw

Was my first time getting the box from Aldi and I'd definitely order again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The app seems to have gone a bit rogue lately. I bought a bag from the Lennox St Grocer in Dublin the other week and when I arrived to collect it they had no idea what I was talking about. Had stopped using the app months previously and genuinely couldn't understand how a bag was listed. They were moderately apologetic and I left empty-handed with an assurance that TGTG would refund me (which they did).

I'm not really sure what people are expecting from staff - especially in Aldi where they are literally doing 15 things at once - when there probably wasn't even bags listed as far as the store was concerned.

• Advertisement

Got two boxes from Aldi Clonee tonight, next time I would get one as seems to be some set items (or maybe it's that shop)

Also the big flaw with the time of collection, stuff like Colesaw had to go in the bin

Bag Spinach 2

Carrots Batons 2

Green Beans 2

Bag Green Cabbage 1

Box Mushroom 1

Bag Orange 2

10 Percentage Mince 2

Meatballs 1

Raw King Prawns In Cajun 1

Two Pack Cinnamon Buns 1

Party Snack Platter 1

MediterraneanStyle Wraps 1

White Pitta Bread 1

5 Pack Scones 1

4 Pack Apple Turnovers 1

Carrot & Chia Seed Salad

Coleslaw 1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭con747

Why did you have to bin the coleslaw? It normally lasts a few days after use by date.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Just to be sure to be sure, I have older parents would not check it and then cover something in it an end up sick and ruin the food its covered in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭con747

I know we aren't allowed food advice on some threads but the Aldi coleslaw is normally good for a few days after the use by but your circumstances were different with your parents so I see why you binned it. I won't say how long after use by I use it with no harm. 😂

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭patrickc

I got an Aldi bag tonight.

I got 21 sausages

Scones

3 different breads

A party mix, the cheese was off, and the crackers but the meat was perfect.

Sliced chicken

Tuna mayo mix

6 pink lady apples

Sausage meat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

This thread should have been review section on the App ! Still surprised they dont allow detailed reviews with photos

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FootFree

Agree, would buck up the shops etc and let people have genuine expectations of what to get. Worse if a customer complains on a bag and receives a voucher/refund, their low rating isn't counted. So it isn't even a true rating on all bags sold. I started with Aldi the week they started doing bags and most I got one night was 48e worth, always around 30e but within 6 months they barely scraping the 14e value.

I once turned up to a cafe name that had closed 4 weeks ago, 2 weeks after new owner opened up and he getting 5 bags sold a day, reported to app n they still kept selling bags. He told me the abuse he was getting was unbelievable. Took 3 weeks after my trip for it to be off my favourites.

What I expect from Aldi and any shop, hotel etc is to be aware of the bags and appreciate the late hour/disappointment/accountability when things go wrong. I'd to apply for a refund for a closed down cafe once and they wanted a pic of the closed door which I hadn't thought to take. Took me 2 months get my refund.

I saw UK big special Christmas Eve boxes and New Year boxes on the fb review page for the app and exactly what one would expect, Christmas meats and breads, party drinks, party foods with usual items you'd expect. In contrast the Irish customers were posting Aldi stores didn't even know about the special bags and left empty handed or like myself few items picked off the floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Quick update re James Whelan ham offer. Really good value at €23. Got loads of ham. Slight smokey taste, not salty and falls apart easily. Would definitely get again

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Has anyone had anything similar from Aldi here? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Moving2017

I got a bag of sausages from James Whelan, which felt a bit like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gussieg

Pfffft.. take a deep breath before going on this app, and ask yourself, do you really need the head wreckage. There is often no winning with this, as someone who has been addicted to the flashing lights of fruit machines, addiction gets activated by this app too. But I could equally get addicted to the traffic lights beeping 😄.

Post edited by gussieg on

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Spanners63

I wonder how safe some of the meat products that are given out from Aldi and SuperValu. How long are they out of the fridge and were they removed from the fridge at anytime during the sale process? I think fish should not be given out if it is the same days date as the food is given out, I had to throw out salmon that was gone off. I find the cafes aren’t great as the cakes can be hard due to being on display all day. The Gate Cafe, Palmerston, Dublin 20 gave me a Chicken Caesar box and all I could eat out it was the chicken as the lettuce was limp and there no croutons…..very bland. I also got 2 dry buns……certainly not worth €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

From my local Lebanese restaurant last night for a fiver. Fresh and tasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭PublicBen

I got a bag from the Gate Cafe before Christmas. It was a beef stew (still slightly warm), a brownie and a pastry. Stew was big enough to share between the two of us and we also got dessert.

Housemate got a bag from Sugar Drop in Clonsilla - paid for €4.99 and apparently it was valued at €15. 2 cake samples and 2 cookies. But it was freshly baked so that’s something. (She is less than impressed and has complained).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭amber2

Don’t blame her for complaining with that inflated value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gussieg

Ah well.

Post edited by gussieg on

Got a 1.5 kg chicken , 4 chicken parcels and 2 white pudding from Whelan's for a tenner today.

Got 6 sausage rolls and a tray of chicken wings in a sauce for 5e during the week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,908 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Advertisement