Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Good to Go - Food App

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Mine was rescheduled so had to cancel. Might have been a lucky miss

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Same here. thought there might have been some Christmas stock but no.

Chicken tikka, mushrooms, bread, lettuce, bag of kale, prawns, grapes, coleslaw.

I've had better boxes from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

Very small boxes from Aldi, I think for christmas eve they did more boxes with less in them - possibly a Too Good To Go idea?

To have 'more boxes saved' kind of thing

Mine had organic mince 380g, Mediterranean style turkey burgers, Athlantic wheaten bread, sourdough bread, wafer sliced chicken, fishcakes

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭crayon80

There were 4 people collecting ahead of me. All got those black boxes that the super 6 veg come in and every one was only half full.

2 packs mushrooms, bread, sliced ham, 2 packs broccoli, some vegan Christmas thing. I guess it was just about €12 value at full price but billing it as a Christmas eve special box was very misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 FootFree

Joined here to post. 6 people were collecting at 6.45 in Aldi. My app was checked four times as I was first, all confused in store as they'd no idea re these "Christmas Eve Specials". We were left waiting for 15mins looking at bags, I mean bags, maybe 30, of bread, grapes, mushrooms, salads etc being bin bagged up ie dumped into transparent bin bags on the floor. Told all Christmas foods were collected by Food Charities earlier and if they'd known about the boxes would have done them up. Eventually decision made to make up boxes and items from the floor bags were popped into boxes. Such disappointed people and not one sentiment of sorry from Aldi staff. Some people refused the food. First time I felt in the way. Something definitely failed tonight on this app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

A surprising amount of bags available for collection today! Thought most places would be closed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Patsy167

I wonder if that is a mistake. They might have an automated system for posting the offers and forgot to factor in Christmas day.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭minimary

Have booked a tgtg from Aldi for tonight, pick up at 9.30-9.45 but the shop closes at 9 according to their website. Emailed tgtg about it but got an auto response and rang the number for Aldi to be told by a UK call centre that I should pick it up at 9.30, I'm not convinced.

Yep I got to Aldi and they were closed since 9

Bit of a **** up on Aldi's part!

• Advertisement

I arrived at 8.30 and between the time I arrived and parked and walked in, I had a text cancelling my box, so annoying. Asked the staff if I should try and get a box for tomorrow or if it would be cancelled again and just got a shrug

That's so frustrating, wow - especially the response you got from staff?

I was actually very lucky, I still managed to get mine, mainly through being annoyed and then stubbornly waiting until I got a staff member's attention. They were more than apologetic about it all and I made sure I let them know I didn't think it was their fault specifically

Not to rub it in (I'm sorry it might seem like it?!), but the best box I've gotten in a while from Aldi

2 x Stewing beef 500g

2 x Low Fat Beef Mince 454g

Irish Fresh Turkey Burger

Irish Fresh Turkey Burger (Sweet & Spicy)

8 (Brannans) Jumbo Sausages

9 (Specially Selected) Pork Sausages

Salmon Fillets with Cajun Marinade

Salmon Fishcakes

2 x Sliced Mushrooms

1 x Chestnut Mushroom

Green Cabbage Microwave Tray (Mash Direct)

1 x Bag of Kale

2 x Little Gem Lettuce

2 x Watermelon Fans

1 x Carrot & Chia Seed Salad

2 x Apple & Grape Pots

3 x Loose Avocado

Thats a brilliant box, glad you weren't let down too. The staff in my aldi just really seem to hate their jobs

Too late now but three previous Bank Holiday Monday same thing, shop closed on Sunday hours but app the Monday hours. I went in early and lucky the girl gave me the box without swiping, saying I'd swipe again an hour later but two other staff said refund thro the app.

Ah yeah I know that can be the case alright, hope you get a super box next time to make up for it all the same

New Years Eve Special Aldi Boxes are up on the UK app...wonder if we follow??? The UK photos of the Christmas eve boxes I've seen were full of Christmas meats, veg, party foods etc.

Same thing with closing times this evening - boxes gone up for collection this evening at 21.30, store closed at 9pm 😐️

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭feargantae

Got a TGTG box from Boojum and Jaysus I'm happy out with the portion. Double everything incl double meat and free tortilla chips as they had loads. Came in at 1.3Kg so for €4.50 im delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Got one from them last week.. They really give very generous portions, it was delicious! 😋

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Moving2017

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

Are the James Whelan ham worth 23?

Whelan's in Tralee has bags available

Picked up a holiday bag in whelans for 33e.

2xnice pieces of rib eye beef. Sausage meat and turkey mince.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭crayon80

Their Christmas eve special box i got was a bit meh. More like an only ok regular one so im Unsure whether to get a NYE one.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Moving2017

My local has sold out of them, but the late night time wouldn’t suit me, so I didn’t even consider it, particularly with the feedback I’ve seen here about disappointing bags/boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Did anyone get a ham? Debating to chance one for new years?

I don't think you'll go wrong with Whelan's. It's unlikely to just be a packet of rashers. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

I think it's just a cooked ham rather than a box. Hopefully it's not eat by today type thing. Will let yous know what it's like if I get it

Update: Picked one up in Naas earlier, its use by 5th Jan so a decent date on them

Post edited by smallgarden on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭deisemum

I along with at least 5 other people went to my local Aldi to collect the New Year's Eve special box that we bought two nights ago. Staff knew nothing about them and couldn't care less so we came away empty handed. I hope we get our refunds without some big rigmarole.

This particular Aldi isn't great at the best of times unlike the other Aldi stores in the city. Going on the posts here maybe getting the refund is the better option.

Advertisement