Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish women DeeJay's doing damage on the international scene

Options
  • 18-10-2021 4:37am

I'm not the least bit nationalist, but it's encouraging to see homegrown talent none the less.

Kind of reminds us that local opportunity is present for the rest of us, and we're not relegated/condemned to sit the back of an "Irish pub" sipping Guinness until our hair turns grey and our sex drive goes out the window completely.

I think that point of view was imprinted on my brain since birth, having grown up in an Irish bog hole.

But no!

Wait.

There's this Dublin lass giving-it-large at international festivals like Luminosity, Creamfields and Dreamstate.

Right out of Dublin.

You-go-girl!!

I wouldn't have noticed she was Irish if she used a stage name, but this ethereal vocal sample hit me square between the eyes whilst I was rep'ing out some sumo-deadlifts a couple days ago.

Checked the artist name and BOOM - homegrown.

The track itself is even named after possibly my favorite red-line Luas stop.

Now maybe there's some (most) among us for whom this style is not (i.e. this style is not for them), thus not acquainted with the particulars of Trance production.

But this is some high level shit.

Drops on point, melody flows to perfection, and that vocal sample.... other worldly.

Between the likes of this and Catherine Martin's (Minister for Culture) initiative to overhaul night life culture, is Ireland truly relegating that historical oppressive (miserable) Catholic ethos to the history books?

Comments

Advertisement