Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid things a learner driver does!

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

It is against the law to drive unaccompanied on a learner permit... yet plenty do... a neighbor being one... 24 years of age, he failed his test first time and told me “ what can I do, I’ve done 12 lessons, I can drive, I just need the bit of paper, I won’t have a prick of a tester next time, so what “.... no you can’t legally drive you clown, on your own anyway and if your escapades of getting the car out of your driveway out onto the road are indicative of your driving ability I wouldn’t trust you to turn on the radio on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭chooseusername

Nothing special about this case at all,

I just questioned Creebo what he meant by ;

""If they are in the left lane, he waits until they pass him before merging into the left lane."

The way I read that is;

If they ( the car following the op) are in the left lane ( behind the L car) he (the op, now in right hand lane) waits until they pass him before merging back in to the left lane (behind the L car)

So op brakes in the right hand lane and waits for the car/s following to pass him on his left until he finds a gap to merge back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

• Registered Users Posts: 14,415 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Right, good man. Clearly simple when another poster didn’t understand it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,119 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Only in the unlikely event that there is no where to pull back into, as some other posters alluded to.

In any case, if the dickheads in the left lane wont let you back in, slowing until they pass leads to a better outcome 100% of the time compared to staying at 75mph in the wrong lane as traffic approaches...

• Advertisement
Advertisement