Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N64/Megadrive Switch Online Expansion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Thanks. Don't really need one, so of course I bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Just seen the email from Nintendo earlier so ordered one like a shot. in 2 minds whether to get the Megadrive one which is also restocked. Pity its not the 6 button controller...

Main reason to get the n64 one for me is mainly for the button layout. I tried playing Zelda with a 360 controller on pc before and using the c-buttons are a pain to use.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got it for Goldeneye...

And maybe it'll work with the Steam Deck N64 emulators

• Registered Users Posts: 8,396 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Ordered 2 of the N64 controllers, one for me and one for my brother as a birthday gift in 2 operate transactions

Only got one dispatch and one delivery email... Are nintendo smart enough to combine the 2 controllers in one delivery despite 2 separate transactions?

The 6 button MD ones are Japan exclusive. I got the Japanese NES controllers from amazon Japan a few weeks ago so maybe try that and see what you find? Failing that the 8bitdo M30 is a pretty well made controller but unofficial if that bothers you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

My N64 controller turned up today, which is slightly longer than usual delivery time from them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mine also arrived, I haven't opened it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Same with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Pokémon Stadium comes to Nintendo Switch April 12th

Witness thrilling 3D battles between Pokémon!

This battle arena game, released for the Nintendo 64™ console in 2000, features all 151 Pokémon from the Pokémon Red Version, Pokémon Blue Version, and Pokémon Yellow Version games. In Kids Club, you and three other players can enjoy nine different minigames, like Clefairy Says and Sushi-Go-Round! (Please note you cannot transfer Pokémon from Game Boy™ titles in this version.)

Post edited by sligeach on

April 2023 Genesis updates – Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack

Ready for the next challenge? Then … fight! Today, four more action-packed, hero-filled games have joined the SEGA Genesis™ – Nintendo Switch Online library: STREET FIGHTER II' : SPECIAL CHAMPION EDITION, Pulseman, Kid Chameleon and Flicky. You can play them all right now on the Nintendo Switch™ system with a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership.

• Advertisement

SEGA Genesis – June 2023 Game Updates – Nintendo Switch Online

Quick! Like a ninja! If you blinked, you may not have noticed that four more classic games were just added to the SEGA Genesis™ – Nintendo Switch Online library and are playable right now: The Revenge of Shinobi, Ghouls ’n Ghosts, Landstalker and Crusader of Centy. You can play them all on your Nintendo Switch™ system with a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

N64 controller now back in stock on the irish nintendo site. I got one and think it's great. Very expensive though but worth it in my eyes!

Pokémon Stadium 2 dropped but a gimped version due to lack of GB/GBC integration.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Wake me up from the depths if Faxanadu ever gets added.

Excitebike 64 coming August 30th

It's from the US account but I assume will be here as well

That's a lovely game, lots of fun.

Much of its control system, the best thing about it, is based on the systems in Waverace 64 and 1080° Snowboarding.

Also worth finding, Excite Truck on the Wii, lots of fun and underrated

Available today

SNES:

Kirby’s Star Stacker

NES:

Joy Mech Fight

Downtown Nekketsu March Super-Awesome Field Day!

GBC:

Quest for Camelot

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Random! Nothing I really want to play.

I thought at first that I must've heard good things about Quest For Camelot since the name was familiar but then seeing the cover for it reminded me there was a film by that name and that's where I had heard it before.

Quest for Camelot was an Atari Lynx equivalent Zelda clone the music was produced on a €9.99 kids play piano, everything on it will remind you of Links awakening in all the wrong ways. Dam you Nintendo give us Golden Sun for dogs sake, this game is junkyard junkware

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭jj880

Adventure calls in the galaxy of Jet Force Gemini, coming to Nintendo Switch for Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack members this December!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Good to see Rare games coming online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I'll be that (pronoun undetermined)

We want Conkers Bad Fur Day

I'm chuffed for Jet Firce Gemini great game will definitely taketh sting out of renewal cost of my NSO

I loved it on release, played it until completion.

Played it again, or tried to, when it was released on the Rare compilation on the Xbox One... oh dear.

Not the visuals, the controls, they were awful.

All this game needs is a modern control system, and it's great, but the original one harkens back to the days when you had to learn the control systems anew with each title.

Unfortunately, the differing approach to Goldeneye suggests that while Microsoft learned their lesson, Nintendo did not.

N64 controls in general are chaos nowadays its why the 3ds remapping of ocarina is now tge preferable way to play it. Still they were amazing games when released 25 years ago

It's the controller as well, though I've still not unwrapped my Switch N64 controller

• Registered Users Posts: 12,454 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Ran through Goldeneye last week. Controls are fine once you get used to them.

• Advertisement

Nintendo 64 - December 2023 Game Updates | Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack

Three Classic Nintendo 64 Titles Bring Thrills, Chills and Cozy Comfort to Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack Today!

A cornucopia of classic Nintendo 64™games are back in season! Farm and find love in the cozy Harvest Moon 64 game, shred some snow in 1080º™ Snowboarding and thwart an interstellar threat in Jet Force Gemini. All three games land on the Nintendo 64™ – Nintendo Switch Online library today, where they will be available to play for everyone with a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack membership!

Advertisement