Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Temporary Clerical Officer in Civil Service 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭furrybones

That's a great score. Got the same myself. Delighted with it. Which county did you select?

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 11 searlasod89

Pleased enough with that last result.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Lolagirl1

Hi Guys, can anyone advise what order of merit is? I placed 60

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭I am me123

Passed the assessment questionnaire!!

OOM 91! 😁

I got 2615. I think I picked Meath. OOM 21.

It's your place in line. Currently you are #60. OOM is subject to change at interview stage.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Thank you very much, #60 doesnt sound too bad I suppose 🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Irishder

Wife got 5 OOM in Waterford. Wonder how long before the interview start?

On a separate issue, has the thread for the permanent 2022 Clerical Officer campaign been deleted or anyone have the link for it, please? Thank you.

• Advertisement

Availability: All Year

Location Choice:

Our Ref: Batch 1

Dear (My Name)

Further to your application for Temporary Clerical Officer in the Civil and Public Service 2022, we have reached your place on the Stage 1 Order of Merit for Stage 2 – Interview.

As outlined in the information booklet, candidates who have successfully completed a TCO contract/s within the 3 years prior to 26th October 2021 and have received references for that employment, which are deemed satisfactory or suitable may not be required to undergo a Stage 2 - Interview.

As you indicated that you have completed a TCO contract/s within the last 3 years, you will be required to provide references, for the period of the TCO contract/s in question, confirming satisfactory service and performance in the role. These references will be verified with the relevant Department. Other additional references may also be required for other recent employment.

Please ensure that you have these references available in the event that the Clearance and Assignments Unit request these from you.

Candidates will be assigned in accordance with their Stage 1 – Order of Merit. As you are included in Batch 1, your details will be forwarded to our Clearance & Assignments Unit when interviews for those candidates from that Batch who are required to undergo an interview conclude in December 2021.

Yours sincerely,

Orla Coughlan

Competition Manager

Public Appointments Service

Just got this on my Public Jobs Message Board.

Anyone else who passed stage 1 get the same above?

Does this indicate I will not have to be interviewed because I completed a TCO contract before, but instead provide reference/ termination letter from that contract?

Thanks.

You won't have to be interviewed, no, but you will need references of satisfactory performance from your previous department.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Moomooland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,675 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

What comes after stage 2? Got the message but for an interview on Friday

Assuming you pass the interview you'll get your order of merit for placement, and then sent for clearance when they have a position for you.

I got an invite to stage 2 (interview) on December 15th. This is the first time applying. 🤞🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Moomooland

Do they interview everyone, seems a lot of people to interview

• Advertisement

They interview in batches as the need for TCOs arises. Those who have successfully completed a TCO contract within the previous 3 years may not need to be interviewed.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jules5417

What comes after stage 2? Got the message but for an interview on Friday

Is that interview for tco 2021. Mine was 3 weeks ago for 2021 and then I got job offer. Panel 2021doesent close until end of December

Quick question I need to get a reference from revenue. Im finding it difficult to find their HR details. They dont do personal ones.

Thanks

Interviews for 2022 panel will take place up to December and then the 2021 panel will close and candidates from the 2022 panel will be called upon.

Sorry funny bones just read that. Im in batch 1 for 2022. Just got confused because I got an offer for garda station off the panel for 2021 and im still waiting for start date.

Thanks

I'm just being curious here - Because you've been made an offer from the 2021 panel, what happens if the start date still isn't forthcoming by the time the panel ends? Surely they couldn't renege on the offer, or count is as being taken from the 2022 panel?

• Advertisement

I'm just being curious here - Because you've been made an offer from the 2021 panel, what happens if the start date still isn't forthcoming by the time the panel ends? Surely they couldn't renege on the offer, or count is as being taken from the 2022 panel?

No as far as I know thats not an issue. I got the offer and its not my fault Vetting will take a while.

For the interview (for anyone that's done it) what is the formula, 20 mins is quite short

My interview was face-to-face so I can only base my experience on that.

The interviews are competency based so have examples of each one for CO level on the competency wheel found on the publicjobs website. Sometimes the interviewers will cut you off mid-sentence, but chances are it's because you've said enough to satisfy that competency and they want to move on because they have such a short time allocated for each interview and they do their best to stick to it. I found the interviewers very friendly and easy to talk to. The time will fly by, I was shocked to see 22 minutes had passed when I looked at the time on my way out.

Best of luck 🍀

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Beckett99

I was OOM 30-odd and got a contract by the skin of my teeth in the 2019 campaign. In the teens for 2020 and 2021 and no offer. Teens again this year so fingers crossed!

Best of luck! Hopefully you'll get placement this year

• Advertisement

Thanks.

Will I get a message on the PublicJobs.ie Messageboard regarding when and how I will provide these?

RE INTERVIEW STAGE 2 FOR TCO COMPETITION 2022 VIA ZOOM

I WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF SOMEBODY COUD LET ME KNOW WHAT TYPE OF QUESTIONS ARE YOU ASKED FOR ABOVE PLEASE? I HAVE BEEN CALLED FOR INERVIEW IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS

APPRECIATED

ANNIE

The interviews are competency based so have examples of each one for CO level on the competency wheel found on the publicjobs website. 

https://www.publicjobs.ie/documents/PAS_CS_Competency_Models_2017.pdf

I'm in a similar boat, just was provided with a termination letter when my contract ended with DSP ..worried it may not suffice when it comes to stage 2.

It appears that most gov't departments will only give a letter of service rather than a reference - which is what I got after my first contract. I gathered a couple of character references from people who knew me (obviously not friends or family) to submit along with the letter of service. I don't know if they did any good but I figured they couldn't do any harm.

Yes, luckily I have references from other recent temporary jobs ( not in the public service) just hope they will suffice. Just hope they don't specifically 'zone in' on the tco reference alone, and ignore the 2nd requested reference.

RE INTERVIEW STAGE 2 FOR TCO COMPETITION 2022 VIA ZOOM

I WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF SOMEBODY COUD LET ME KNOW WHAT TYPE OF QUESTIONS ARE YOU ASKED FOR ABOVE PLEASE? I HAVE BEEN CALLED FOR INERVIEW IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS

APPRECIATED

ANNIE

No need to shout every post - the answer was already given above

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Katie_8

Has anyone completed the Zoom interview for stage 2?

I have mine on Dec 7th.

What was the interview like? Should I just be basing my answers off the STAR method?

The STAR method has always been recommended. The competency wheel on Publicjobs will give you an idea of what you need to have examples for.

Best of luck in the interview!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭defiantdancer

Hi Katie, hope your interview went well. I have mine coming up and am quite nervous. May I ask what type of questions did they ask? Have been following Furry Bones excellent advice and really read up on the competencies. Am just wondering is there any unusual questions? Thanks in advance.

Furry bones, thank you for all your helpful advice. I have noticed you have taken the time to reply to every poster. Immensely kind of u😘

You're very welcome.

There are no trick questions and they are not trying to catch you out on anything. They will move quickly through the questions and give you every opportunity to demonstrate the competencies. Along with the competencies think about things like how you would deal with a difficult colleague or a frustrated customer/service user. I was asked these questions for a TCO job before (not through PAS).

• Registered Users Posts: 30 MoSan

Hi defiantdancer, I had my interview this week.

There were 2 interviewers and 4 main questions/parts that they asked me which they made up from my employment history on my application. I was asked...

1. Why you want to work for the civil service and what do you know about it.

2. How did you deal with an irate customer and give an example.

3. What would I say my biggest achievement was (also asked what was the best team I have worked with and why based on my example)

4. I see you used to work for X and did IT troubleshooting as part of your job, how did you know what to do (this lead onto questions to display what I knew about certain functions in Word, Excel, Mail Merge and would I be able to recognise a fraudulent email).

As the interview was finishing I was also asked if there was any courses I was interested in to do as further development and if I had any questions.

Question 4 had thrown me a bit as what I did using them programmes in the past 20 years would have been more specific to my current role and not in general eg. I was asked about excel formulas but I wouldn't use formulas in excel in my current role.

Hope this helps and best of luck in your interview.

Does anyone know when we should hear back to say if we've passed or not? I forgot to ask

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭DarkJ

As to hearing back from PAS, it all depends what position you were in line for interview. I'd say mine was near the end of my batch as I was contacted 6 hrs after my interview. Best of luck.

Got my interview tomorrow at 2pm

What kind of answer are they looking for "Why do you want to work for the public service"????

Worst part of any interview for me is when they ask do you have any questions and I draw a blank

Thank you so much Mosan for your detailed reply. I really appreciate it. Wishing you the best of luck !

Anyone who was previously employed as a TCO within the last 3 years & has applied for the 2022 TCO campaign and has been notified they have passed stage 1 , been contacted yet regarding references?

Thank you.

I have been asked to submit documents, including a reference. They stipulated that if I was currently in or had recently completed a TCO contract then it must be included as my reference. Luckily my current manager gave me one because my previous TCO placement was with an organisation that did not give references, only statements of service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Yes. Looks like they contact you when they reach your place in the order of merit. I got an email and a message on my public jobs messages with a link to upload self declaration, e-vetting, references and scanned documents declaration.

Advertisement