Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer in Civil Service 2022

Options

Comments

Can you request a feedback for your interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LukeCoyler

Hey all, throwing the feelers out. 134 OOM here, got my link to upload docs etc before interview, then passed. Any ideas when I'd get an offer? Anyone close to my OOM get one yet? (I know as its around xmas/ny I'm unlikely to hear until next week)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Did anybody hear nothing back? I applied for the laugh but heard nothing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,305 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Got an email today requesting documents, vetting etc

Does this happen for everyone that passes the interview stage?

For anyone that has filled in the Garda evetting form - how the hell do you add your signature and tick the box?

Trying to fill it in using Word Online

Post edited by fritzelly on

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Moomooland

@fritzelly i got a request to upload documents even before I knew if I passed the interview for TCO 2021 comp. I guessed that I passed from that 🤷‍♀️

@fritzelly just type your name that’s what I did and they didn’t say anything about it.

How did you get the evetting form filled in? the signature box is uneditable and box to tick does nothing - why are they not using PDF's

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭furrybones

I saved it as a PDF first, then added a digital signature.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Advertisement

@fritzelly I didn’t have any issues with it at all. It is the Civil Service after all, PDFs would be the way to go.

I got another email today to upload docs and evetting etc. I just sent the ones I sent in December. They sent a reply and confirmed they have the docs 🤷‍♂️ hopefully not long now!

Hmmm, I replied to the email with the docs but just got an auto reply about receiving lots of emails

I got an email asking me to forward (email) one doc I missed and I uploaded it too. They're usually very good at responding to emails and letting you know they received what they asked for, so if you don't hear anything today be sure to follow up on it. No harm uploading too - to be sure to be sure like 😉

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

Thanks, they replied just now, gotta try And get a written reference now

Anyone else have a problem getting written references, my last job my boss has left and they're emailing me a letter tomorrow which I fear which will just be worked from date to date

My previous job letter is the same and the company has gone - had sent this but they said not suitable

The previous job the company has also closed

Can get oral reference for the second job from my old boss but obviously no headed letter or anything, this is a PITA for a full written reference

How does everyone else deal with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MoSan

I was made redundant from my last job. It was company policy not to give references, only a standard letter stating the dates I worked there, so that's all I was able to get from them in way of a reference.

I also got a written reference from my old manager (not on headed paper) who was made redundant with me and she just included her contact number if they wished to confirm anything.

They accepted both of these (last month)

If you can get your old boss to just write a reference on normal paper with his contact number and then use the letter your last job are sending you tomorrow, you should be grand 👍

For my first TCO placement I had one reference from a volunteer position, and a statement of service from my previous job where they have a policy not to issue references, and a character reference from a third source. These were all accepted. For this campaign, because I completed a TCO contract they asked specifically for a reference from that.

Just got an email for a position in the HSE in Belfield in the vaccination center, min 3 months

Anyone else get it?

Only just got the garda vetting invitation today

I got two emails for clerical staff (HSE) needed at COVID vaccination centres, Simonstown and Ratoath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jules5417

Hi I am starting job next week but I should now be on the 2nd pay scale for a Clerical Officer. Please can somebody advise whether they have managed to go up a pay scale whilst working in a tco post.

Thamks

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bicyclette

Jules, have you worked for a minimum of 12 months as a TCO? If so, then you will need to talk to the PAS about moving up a point on the scale.

I got offered here too back in December, but multiple acquaintances already working in the Civil Service told me not to go for it as it was a mass email and just wait for somewhere more solid.

I moved to point 2 on the scale last year. I contacted HR who raised the case, and all I needed to provide was a statement of service from my previous CS TCO employment. However, it took 4+ months to get my salary updated (the back pay in one lump sum was nice though). I'm not sure if it's normally that slow, or whether WFH and covid had a part to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Fisherman32

Hi guys!

just wondering has anyone here applied for Co Sligo region for TCO?

I am number 225 in OOM, I was placed this number back in the end of November and had my interview and passed interview at Christmas time . But I have heard nothing since. Does anyone know the vvacancies in this region or could provide me with any information at all in this area as I’m new to all this.

also how long does the Garda clearance roughly take?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

My experience is that Garda clearance takes about three weeks from the time you complete the National Vetting Bureau form online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Was it an actual offer or just an email looking for expressions of interest?

I thought if you declined an offer you lost your place on the panel?

It's a separate job, if you're not interested it doesn't affect the TCO position

• Registered Users Posts: 34 frances5420

Just wondering if any one get called or for interview or got placement on Tipp panel yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Fisherman32

Has anyone heard anything back?

Advertisement