Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice on employer on holidays

Options
  • 11-10-2021 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi im looking for some advise on a situation that im in the middle of at the minute I will try keep it as short as I can.

I am currently employed in the same workplace for the past 15 years, 5 years ago the business was leased out and all the staff were kept on it was all done under a transfer of undertaking agreement so nothing really changed only our employer.

Fast forward 5 years and now our current employer is pulling out of their lease or not renewing their lease.

Information is been drip fed to us over the past few weeks but nothing important. Nobody has been told if we are been kept on or are been ket go from our jobs.

The dates have changed twice, this change was to happen on the 5th and then the 15th of this month. I have 3 weeks remaining holidays to take and have asked about this firstly I was told I would be paid the 3 weeks after they leave but then they have changed the dates again (5th Nov). Yesterday i asked that I take my holidays for the 3 weeks until I have them all used up when they leave and I was told by manager and very angry NO WAY that i can take my holidays in November (1 other staff member has holiday booked for the next 3 weeks) when they are gone.

I have rang citizens information and been referred to the WRC and from them to the FLAC (been given appointment for 20th Nov) not got a definite answers from anybody.

What I want to know is can I demand to take my holidays before they leave or do I have to do what they want me to do and get paid my holidays after they leave?

Comments

Advertisement