Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭wassie

I dropped my phone not long after getting it then noticed the rattle and thought I was done for. Contacted support and they advised me it was the camera as was a common complaint.

Easily tested - turn the camera app on and use the zoom and the rattle should disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

Yep, disappeared when zoomed in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Same here.

I do worry about the OIS module, I do mount my phone in the car and on a motorbike from time to time. Motorbikes can kill it.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've a small issue with my 6 Pro, in that when connected to Bluetooth speakers, the volume doesn't get very high.

Had a friend try the same speakers with their Galaxy phone and the speaker gets much louder.

I can't find anything that might be restricting levels, but I guess there must be something somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭TheRona

If you go into developer options on the phone, there's a setting called 'Disable Absolute Volume' that you can turn on. This will separate volume on the phone and the Bluetooth device. Turn them both up to max and it should be a lot louder.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Cheers, I'll try that shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Did anyone buy a non-Google gel bumper for the pixel 6 pro?

Looking for recommendations, since the official Google one has warped to all hell now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭pandabat

No, went with a more solid case after the Google one (which I got a refund for). Went for the Caseology Parallax for the standard Pixel 6 myself - it is somewhat bulky but paid for itself already as my phone slipped out of my hand at the top of a flight of hard stairs over Christmas but survived the 2 or 3 big bounces on the way down before hitting the ground and sliding for a distance. Phone was fine!

Is anyone else having issues with chrome , mine becomes unresponsive and wont work. Other times I enter a web address and the page goes blank.

Have had periodic, intermittent issues like that over time but nothing that wasn't solved by a reboot or a Play Store update of either Chrome/Android System WebView. Running ok for me now on latest updates. You may have some other rogue app or interplay going on though - factory reset would always be recommended if you have something persistent like that (or remove apps one by one and see if it resolves).

• Advertisement

I will give removing some apps the next time it happens. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

Happens with me. Deleting the "Cache" clears.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Happens me too from time to time, I think the url reads "About blank" iirc.

I just use another browser.

I am across this project from a reddit thread to force the pixel phones to enable vowifi without google blessing it, and without rooting.

No joy as far as I can see with gomo and vowifi, but I might not have tested it correctly.

Do use at least 1.2 version, i.e. follow the github readme. It has a separate toggle for vowifi and volte.

How secure is running that and then uploading code from github to run on your phone

That's a decision each person needs to make themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

I have a Xiaomi 11 lite 5g, I'm looking to either buy or new pixel 7 or a new pixel 6 pro ? I heard the 6 models have lots of issues last year. Since the software experience is the same I wonder should I get a 6 pro with the larger screen then a standard pixel 7 with the much smaller screen.

To me, the big advantage of the pros is the zoom camera. If you want a zoom and consider it value for money then go pro. Otherwise, I'd stick with standard which I'd consider more than adequate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah I have a 6 Pro but would have gone for the standard model if it had the zoom lense, that's what swung it for me. For the extra €300 (at launch) you don't get that much.

Yeah I was going to plump for a 6 pro at launch but availability wasn't there whereas the standard 6 was more freely available - while there are times that I wish I had the zoom, I do console myself with the price difference. It's a tough one - would like if the zoom was available for less in some way

• Advertisement

Fwiw there's €100 off Pixel 7/7 Pro on the Google store at the moment

I'm still too bitter after not getting offered the pre-order bonus 😆

Can't justify spending the extra now myself - there's nothing fundamentally wrong with the standard 6 and it's still a big leap up for the Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Calculator123

Anyone had issues with the clock alarm draining battery?

I have no issues with the battery except when I set an alarm for the next morning. Could be at 100% at 11pm. Then by 7am, the battery is completely empty. Has only happened when I've set an alarm.

Had a huge random drain the other day but restarted the phone and it's been ok since

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Got an update yesterday and battery gone to muck today, hopefully improves.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I got that update on Wed and battery has been fine.

Was heavily using it during a power outage last night in fact and was solid.

Maybe you've a rogue app draining the power.

Install anything new recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭wassie

Checking battery settings will inform as to whats been chewing battery life.

Doubtful latest update is causing battery issues, given the Feb update consists of security patches and bug fixes, rather than new features.

Even with the update issues we had early on which eventually got resolved, I appreciate having security updates as soon as they are developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

There was alot or apps drawing alot of power but they weren't new, it's settled down now and improved.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Ah that's good! Hopefully it'll be fine in a day or so! :)

Advertisement