Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Just buy an audio adapter for the phone!

If you're carrying around wired headphones, you're not going to really notice an adapter on the end of it anyway 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Did you get the MA1, or know if it can be purchased yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Nah, I'm sticking with wired for a bit anyway as I use it to charge my phone anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Leon124

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭wassie

Note that thread says its for the P6 PRO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Has anyone bought a Pixel 6 Pro from the Google Website recently? Just wondering how long delivery took? Thanks!

If I try and ship a 6 pro on their store site now, it says I'll have it later today!

I seriously doubt that, but you never know! 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I didnt buy recently but I bought just after new years. Ordered Monday monring had it Wednesday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

To answer my own question in case anyone else is wondering. I ordered in the early hours of Thursday and the Phone arrived around lunchtime today (Friday). Seemed to come via DHL from Holland to Dublin.

For anyone with access to a student, both the StudentBeans and the MyUnidays websites are offering 20% off the Google 6 or 6 Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Ryath

Has anyone got 48 working when roaming in UK on a Pixel 6? I have got it working on both my childrens Iphone and a Oneplus Nord. Had to switch to using 3g only and had to manually select the 3UK network. Main thing seems to be though is sim toolkit setting to switch to international roaming that I had to select on both there phones. This is missing or deactivated on the pixel depending on what type of sim card you have. Anyone know a way around this or a reputable third party sim tool on the Play store that I can access this setting on?

It's not a huge deal I have a vodafone esim that I topped up for the trip to make sure I had data but it would be handy to be able to make and receive calls on my main number. At least I got the kids working which is the main thing but why would google deactivate changing some settings?

• Advertisement

Do you have the 48 SIM Menu app @Ryath ?

It's the first item in my app drawer, under the predicted apps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭TheRona

I have a 48 SIM in my 6 Pro, as well as a Vodafone eSIM. I had no problems accessing that menu when roaming in the UK. Italy wasn't the best, though. Had to go into that menu and toggle between manual and automatic a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Ryath

No don't have 48 Sim menu app on the phone. Can select three uk network in mobile network menu but it doesn't connect. There is something with how 48 have set up their sim for roaming that I need to be able to select that setting for international roaming in SIM toolkit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭wassie

Article published on if the Pixel 6 will get face unlock. Seems not but does not rule it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Did we lose the feature where the phone waits in a call queue? I thought it was there before, can see it now

• Registered Users Posts: 28,802 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I got a pixel 6 a few months back and I've been really enjoying it. Yesterday though I'm having an issue with the volume. The volume slider seems to be almost constantly on screen. It's almost as if the volume is being turned up. From a quick Google it would suggest this happened to other users on the pixel 3. It's in a case, but it's in this case for a couple of months now, so I don't think that's the problem. There shouldn't be any water damage and there's no sign of excessive dust or anything so I'm thinking it might be a software glitch. I tried updating to the latest patch but it's still the same. It's chewing through my battery because of it and basic functions on the phone are inhibited because it's almost constantly on the screen.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,784 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Have you tried a restart? Only other thing I can think of is a small piece of dirt after working its way under the button and has jammed the button?

Tried a restart, and made no real difference. I'm going to try a hard restart now. My own first thought was a Bluetooth device but when turning Bluetooth off doesn't seem to make a difference.

If the hard restart doesn't make a difference then I'm inclined to think what you say might be the case. Is it worth ringing Vodafone (who I bought the phone off) considering it's only two months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭TheRona

Vodafone won't be much use. I'd try rebooting into safe mode, see if that makes a difference:

You need to rule out that something hasn't somehow jammed the button, then the next option is to go nuclear and do a full factory reset. Chances are that your problems will be solved, but you'll still need to figure out what was causing the issue in the first place.

Restarted in safe mode, and it still happened, which I'm assuming means it isn't software because it was only original apps still working.

That only leaves mechanical which will mean dropping it into someone.

Sure is annoying as hell though.

• Advertisement

Just to leave an update on this. I was racking my brain about what could have caused this and the only thing I changed was I installed the Ikea App. I uninstalled it and it seems to have rectified the issue. Not sure why the Ikea App would cause this but it only happened after I installed and went away as soon as I uninstalled.

Also, I think I mentioned on here that I was having an issue with Spotify starting playing seemingly at random. The issue has been resolved. I believe the problem was the polar flow app interfering somehow however, the problem has now been resolved.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Installed the update today, restarted, shortly after phone went off during a WhatsApp Call.

Phone shows low battery immediately after but was really well charged.

Plug it into wall, black screen with picture of white battery comes on.

Left it for an hour, still on same screen, try to turn it on, low battery still.

Friend installed same firmware, same problem, phone which turned off and won't come back on.

Any way to uninstall that firmware update?

Seems I am not only one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Cheers for the heads-up, I'll not be doing any update for now.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Mine is a Pixel 6 Pro ordered from Google Store on release day if that helps anyone.

Going to leave it plugged into the wall for a few hours and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭banjobongo

hi guys

I dropped my Pixel 6 over the weekend, quote to repaid the screen is 500. I bought it off Google online. I presume that there is no guarantee to cover the incident (I dont have seperate insurance taken out for the phone)?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It's €520 new in Argos at the moment. €500 for replacing the screen seems steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭banjobongo

the quote was from a local tech store, not from Google, I dont have time to wait for a reply from Google, I was hoping somebdoy here could confirm my guess that Google didnt offer a 12 monht guarantee that woudl cover dropping a phone and breaking the screen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Nope, they won't cover dropping the phone and breaking the screen, you'd need insurance for that.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement