Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solis Hybrid - charge battery using Night rate

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,264 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

• Registered Users Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

This should do it. I logged a call last week and had a reply the next morning confirming it was enabled. Also you can ask them to update the inverter firmware as well. I needed to do this to get it working with the S3 stick.

One thing to look out for post inverter firmware upgrade is grid standard. For some reason the inverter went to some Brazil standard and got a grid over power alert. Set it to ESB-Micro and no issues since.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭johndoe11

They are Pylontechs in how the communicate with the inverter, but they have prismatic cells and not pouch cells. If you do buy, make sure to insist that they send you prismatic cells.

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Got the remote access now. Guessing the soliscloud integration in home assistant hasn't been able to utilise that yet to allow for automation?

Did anyone else get an app update that now includes "service" module to the right over "overview". Inside it lists "local operation", but i've no idea what that does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

did the update and in their development wisdom they've removed the usage stats under the graphs, that team needs a senior UX member! then again, maybe it's a good sign that they're fixing\optimising it and will bring it back

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Yeah. I miss that view. I've a spreadsheet with unit cost, FIT rate, units produced, units exported. And from that I determine my savings so far and an expected payback period. Copy/paste into the spreadsheet is more difficult from the hover tooltip from the graph.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Finally got around to setting up the batteries to charge over night thanks to the info on this thread.

Just one question/concern, I have two 2.4kwh pylontech batteries so the charge is set to 50A by default. I noticed it was hitting a little bit higher than that though, charge current peaked at just over 2.7kw (which is more like 52A I think?). Is this normal or should I try lowering the charge limit by a few amps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭crisco10

Just getting battery (re)installed today, and have signed up to Pinergy's D/N 5c/40c with a FIT of something like 25c.

So obviously, my plan is to charge battery and car, and heat water, in the 3hr night window at 5c a unit. During winter the battery will deplete during the day at some point and that's fine.

But during the summer, With the 20c difference between FIT and night rate, it still makes sense to charge at night and export my solar during the day, and only top up battery enough to get from dusk to 2am. However, what I have been thinking is, would it make technical sense to discharge my battery from 1230am to 2am (and get FIT) then at 2am start charging again? On the face of it, it would be commercially worth it but would the additional strain on battery be worth the extra few cents a day in the brighter months?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

50A at 230V is 11.5kW (Watts = Volts * Amps)

Even though the setting is at 50A, your batteries are probably limiting that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

It's 50 amps at battery voltage (51 ish) so more like 2.5kw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

see the specifications label on top of their 2.4kwh battery, charge voltage is 53.5V

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Stupid question but I'll ask anyway:

If my inverter will charge the batteries at 50A but the breaker to the shed where my inverter is connected is only 32a, will my inverter trip out the shed breaker?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Not a silly question. The batteries are charging at 50A but not at 230V AC. The battery voltage is 51.2V DC so 50A * 51.2V is about 2.5kW. This is about 11A at 230V AC. You've got loads of headroom with a 32 breaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

Never even thought of that.

Gentleman. Thank you.

Advertisement