Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 NFL season - Week 5 thread

Options
1235»

Comments

Over 500 yards...not bad for a running back!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I think at this point we need to accept that the Chiefs are in a bit of trouble. They are turning the ball over too much and their defense can't stop anyone. On the other hand you could argue that they have lost to 3 of the best teams in the AFC but I really think they are struggling. Reid's game plan didn't exactly inspire confidence either.

Buffalo looked really good, I think you have to say that Allen is for real as he looks just as good now as he did last year, though he will have to face better defenses than he has so far.

The other big take away so far is the chargers, hey are a lot better than I thought they'd be. They have a weakness in run defense, but when your offense is that good and you can be good against the pass, stopping the run isn't usually an issue as you are playing with a lead a lot of the time.

NFC, I still rate the Rams and Buccs as the pick of the bunch. Arizona do look good and Murray is playing lights out but but I think they will fall off a bit later in the year. Green Bay are another team than can flash from time to time but I find it hard to trust them once they come up against better opponents to be honest.

Next week should be interesting with the Chargers @ Baltimore and Arizona going to Cleveland.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Every metric you look at points to the best QB's starting the careers on the bench. Last five Superbowl winners were QB'd by three different QB's who all started their careers on the bench. There's recency for you.

Last five NFL MVP's, four started their careers on the bench, one went straight in as starter. There's more recency for you.

Add them to the three QB's with the most Superbowl wins who all started on the bench and big majority of all time passing yardage and passing TD leaders who started on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

13 - 3 for the week which brings me to 53 - 27 overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

13-3 for an unexpectedly good week. 52-28 overall

• Advertisement
Advertisement