Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seplos BMS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 noelocon

Under load the sofar reports a getting a larger voltage (51.2v) than it's actually receiving (49.3v) so I was wondering it this had any impact as it's currently in normal mode as I've stopped the BMS driving it. Thanks for taking a look at it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

You keep saying that but you haven't shown us any proof of it. In fact the opposite. The voltage you have shown were all very close together.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 noelocon

Yes that's correct, the voltages are very similar when there's no load, it only happens when the system is under load.

Here's the images. 49.x on the BMS and multimeter and 52.1 being reported by the inverter even though it's only getting 49 volts on the incoming terminals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭championc

Which is why I'm saying that the Sofar is guestimating the voltage given the load

Very clever indeed if that's the case. Never noticed that myself on my ME3000SP (but never paid much attention to it either)

Unfortunately the Seplos doesn't do this, so if your voltage sags below the threshold because of a load, the Seplos says no and shuts down the battery. Even if there is plenty of juice left and the Sofar knows this 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi All, currently which Ali Store is the best one to buy this?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭johnbk

Hi, I have just moved over from the lifepo4 diy battery thread. Took a while but all is working now. The Solis 6kw inverter charged up the battery until the Seplos high voltage cut off kicked in. The Seplos showed battery at 100%. It then started discharging but after about 1 hour the SOC dropped to 20% all of a sudden making the Solis drop the usage amps to about 0.5 amp. Reading previous posts, it appears the Seplos needs the battery to discharge for it to calibrate.

My question is how do I get the Solis to draw more amps - at this rate it will take many weeks for the battery to fully discharge. Is there an SOC setting I can change?

My views are my own.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

You can set a discharge time in the solis., That will force a discharge to grid.

I have dropped the overdischg SOC setting to18% on Solis and it is back up drawing 18ams again.

My views are my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dominicsyyy

anyone successfully got the bluetooth working?

i bought the lcd with bt and i have seplos bms 10E

downloaded the app thru seplos website and install it

then entered credentials (admin/111111)

select BP00

then my problem is that the app was not connecting ( it just says Data Loading...)

anybody experience this and do you have solutions?

• Advertisement

Don’t have a Seplos with Bluetooth. Check out off grid garage on YouTube. He has recently set up one. His videos are very detailed and further information on the comments. You could also post your question on diysolar forum.

My views are my own.

Is that a good idea? Andreas is not best pleased with the Seplos 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Geeyfds53573

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dominicsyyy

have anyone tried enabling bt function on seplos bms via usb connection? do you have screenshot of how to enable it in the pc program? thanks

No sorry I do not have one with BT I just remembered seeing this on their FB site

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mariadumitruiulian

What do you guys think about this? My Seplos BMS is on the way and printed this fancy box for it. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4 patricklifep04

hello, can help because I have 2 bms seplos 10e in // and impossible to make the master appear on the software is the bluethoo I lose the connection when I put the passwords to modify the settings thank you for the help some photos j put!

Guys, any tips for connecting with NEEY balancer? I connected NEEY to battery pack as per diagram, it started, both blue and red led flashing. With iPhone I couldn't connect, I can't see it under Bluetooth devices or in app (GeeWe BMS).

I tried then with android tablet, I could see and connect to it , blue led stopped flashing after connection was successful, red light continues to flash, I can't find it in app (NEEY_V3.1_2021-11-01.apk) .

Any advice is welcome, thanks!

Red light not a good sign something connected incorrectly

check again B- B1 to B16 then B+

not quite the same as the Seplos wiring

iPhone app is flaky scan and click it then it disappears after a few seconds

Sorted, just connected with IPhone... Red light is because by default 24 cells are activated, while I have just 16. As soon as I selected 16 red light gone...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭randombar

Just wondering are you using the Neey and the Seplos or what’s your setup?

I’m thinking of doing the same and adding the Neey to my 16s along side my Seplos. Could anyone share the AE store they purchased from and the cost?

My views are my own.

HankzorBMS Store

€108.83

I currently have the NEEY, waiting for Seplos to be delivered next week.

Question from a fiend who bought a SAJ inverter? Would Seplos communicate with SAJ hybrid? Anyone has this setup in place? Thanks!

What batteries does the SAJ support ? It's whatever it supports will dictate if it will have any chance of working with a Seplos

There are just few batteries listed and SAJ is know for not working with other batterie except those from the list. He just exchanged it with a Sofar HYD 5000 EP ...

Well guys I got yesterday the BMS, connected today and surprise... it doesn't work. I get an "Abnormal Communication" error on the LCD when I press the reset button to start the BMS and that's all, green light flashes(the right one), I can't connect with RS485 . Any help would be great appreciated :(

I connected everything in the order specified in manual, checked all wires for right voltages . B- to battery-, B+ to battery + ...

Are you reading 48+v at the +and - battery terminals on the Seplos ?

When you power it on, do the green LEDs light up one at a time along the row, and then do the opposite and go out again ?

Press and hold the reset

A bit of an update: I was able to connect and monitor, so now the monitoring screen is available in the battery monitor app, however the LCD still shows that error and it doesn't start up. When it starts the LEDs light up from left to right then they turn off and only the right one blinks continuously.

After I connected, from the drop-down list I can't find Sofar, so i guess I need a different firmware... Also I connected to inverter and as soon as I turned the DC switch inverter recognized it has a battery and started to discharge while showing the first 2 LEDs ON and 3rd blinking (the very right one stays green now) and that's seen in the Seplos interface. Not sure now if BMS is really doing something, or if inverter could discharge without BMS doing something... I'm a bit confused... Also not sure why I'm not able to update firmware...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Are you signed in as Admin?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement