Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seplos BMS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭John mac

think this shows it , shows all the connections anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,092 ✭✭✭championc

This a simple to follow schematic. This is for 16 or 32 cell setups, and follows the colour of the busbar wires from their connectors to the battery terminals. Hopefully this will be very useful for someone unfamiliar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭irishchris

Thanks as this will help a lot with my 16s2p setup when it arrives 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭munsterfan2

Hi,

Top Balancing question, the bench supply readings are down to .05a at 3.65v (.2watts). Is this sufficient or should I let it site for a few more hours / days. (8 batterys is 100ah which is 20,000 x .05a so I am kind of thinking this is done).

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

They are done. After disconnecting power leave them connected for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭fael

For those with the Seplos issues, could you give some details about your system? Or if you don't have issues, could you also give some details? Model of inverter, type of battery use (16s2p? or 2x16s1p?).

I have 32 cells on the way and looking to order 2x Seplos. I don't think there are any other good options out there, but would like to find out a bit more before pulling the trigger on the Seplos. Should I be looking at any other brands? Shame the Zeva isn't around anymore.

And perhaps this is a stupid question, but can you set the inverter to charge the battery to less than 100% Say 95% and avoid the overvoltage this way?

I've 16 cells --> Seplos --> Sofar ME3000

Working like a dream

Cheers, I think it's only the Solis that is affected isn't it? I have a 6kW Solis Hybrid myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jfdelb

Hello everyone. I have a Solis RHI-6KW and I bought a SEPLOS BMS because theoretically it could communicate with the inverter, but from what I see it is not possible. Do you think it will be resolved or do I regret it? thanks

Hello everyone. I have a Solis RHI 6Kw and I bought a Seplos BMS because theoretically it could comunicate with the inversor, but from what I see is not possible. Do you it will be resolved or I regret it?. Thanks

• Advertisement

Solis does work with Seplos but there are some issues specifically when battery gets fully charged. This causes and error on Solis side and due to that error it diconnects the battery and PV. At least for me this state lasts 5mins or so after that Solis start working normally PV generates power and that is diverted or exported since the battery is full. Once there is not enough sunlight the battery start providing power and all errors are cleared.

It is annoying but it is not a show stopper(at least for me) the problem here is not Seplos but the way Seplos and Solis communicate.

My setup 2x16s1p and Solis RHI G4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭John mac

so , BMS arrived today ...... 8S .. 😭

gona have to send it back .. unless anyone out there needs an 8S

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭irishchris

So when the battery hits 100% the inverter just restarts production after the error then it will continue to work continuously just exporting or consuming usage?

It won't do it again and again on a continuous basis? If so could live with that but if it continually restarts throughout the good days then that is a big issue

I would not say it restarts it just gets to that error state where it is not doing anything but for me it gets out of that state itself and starts working. I could see a case where it could get in this state multiple times during the day but that would mean that something would have to draw enough power to discharge the battery where all the errors are cleared and then you have enough sun for the battery to get charged to 100% again. Has not happend to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭S'

I have a 32 cells arriving in May.

Whats the benefit in having a single BMS per 16 cell pack compared to a single Seplos connected to a 32 cells pack?

11.2kWp E/W split arra. Mayo

Could you get the battery to stop charging at say 98% and avoid the errors that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fred7631

Hi, long time lurker, first time poster! I’ve got my battery, BMS and inverter all hooked up but I’ve messed around with the parameter settings thinking I could revert them when needed but don’t think I can? Has any one got the standard parameters they can export as XML? 16S lifepo4 pack.

Or even better, is their a standard set of settings/parameters that everyone is using for this setup? Are most going using between 20-90% state of charge? Are you letting the Solis control the battery or are you setting the Solis parameters outside the Seplos so it can take charge?

Also, can any one help with these settings on the Solis?

Cheers

Here's my XML file of settings for my Seplos. Huge thanks to @garo for guidance.

I have pushed the top end values to try and bring up some cells which were lagging behind at the top end when charging.

Awesome, thank you. Do you also have a Solis?

No - a Sofar 3000TL PV Inverter a Sofar ME3000 Storage Inverter

• Advertisement

Ok, so I'm struggling to get my (BMS) 100% charge sorted. I'm presuming I have this correct. The BMS should get to 100% and then go into standby. I can't seem to get this to work whatever I try. I've tried the default parameters, my own and the one you shared. At the moment I have 3.400v as the alarm and 3.300v as the recovery. The BMS detects that one cell hits 3.400 and drops the charge rate to 10amps but this then continues to charge the cells and they quickly all charge up to 3.65 and trigger the overvoltage protection. Something doesn't seem right here. Any ideas? Cheers.

I do not understand that SEPLOS does not solve this problem. They say in their advertising that SEPLOS is compatible with SOLIS and it is not true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

This sounds like what should be happening. At the alarm level the BMR cuts current to 10A and then at protection level it cuts off current altogether. Note that once you hit 3.4 there is very little capacity left in the cells and then should reach 3.6 very quickly. The charge curve of LiFePO4 cells is not linear. Takes forever to get from 3.2 to 3.35 and then voltage rises really fast.

Thanks Garo, ok glad it sounds normal but if this happens then I get the BMS shutdown and ‘intermittent power supply waiting’ which doesn’t seem to clear and of course the Solis never does any charge or discharge from that point on unless I haven’t waited enough for it to clear?

Mine recovers after 5 minutes. The error is still there while it is close to 100% but it does start discharge when needed. When BMS reaches 100% and errors are thrown the gneration stop and everything drops to 0 but it does recover. Here is graph from yesterday. You can see when it reached 100% and stopped generating but after 3 minutes it recovered and worked normaly

Thanks, I wasn't waiting long enough. You are right, it does discharge even with this error. I'm waiting to see if it charges from Solar with this error present. What do you have your Cell high voltage alarm and protection set to? Doesn't seem good to charge too high each day and high voltage protection will be hit every day/night for me so I'm thinking 3.450 alarm and 3.475 protection?

By default it will not charge from solar untill it drops below 96%(check interval capacity setting) and this is normal, my pylons did the same. The voltage setting will depend on the cells and how well balanced they are. I have 3.4V for high voltage and 3.6V for overvoltage. For me it only reaches 100% on very good days. I only charge at nigh if battries are empty or if next days forcast is not good. I do not charge them fully overnight.

Thanks that now makes sense and works. Once I have this all sorted I want to try and make the charging smart by comparing to the forecast in HA? Has anyone tried this or got it working?

There are three things I see which could be to planned into this

1. Charge to xx% overnight if forecast sh1te.

2. Stop overnight discharge if forecast is < xx kW

3. Continue overnight discharge if forecast > xx kW

• Advertisement

Yes, something like that would be good. Going to start researching now.

Advertisement