Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Sounds great and congrats on landing those two gigs. Altered Hours album is very impressive but they cancelled their Galway gig after one or more caught Covid whilst supporting the Fontaines on the UK tour. Good luck tonight and hope to see you at EP if not westward beforehand.

No less than I'd expect from him, a guy who slagged off The National, Radiohead and others while at Hot Press. Not a fan. Having said that the doc so far is for Beatles fans only. Tedium for others. Catnip for me. Some observations, and I know this is off-topic but I'm including it as Ringo is heavily rumoured for the Oxjam Stage in September.

• Macca is running it, but trying to include everyone. George is cranky, Lennon still in his heroin phase and not engaging much. Ringo just looks bored staring down from the drumkit all day.
    • The director's pushing of the Libya gig is pretty hilarious.
    • Macca enjoyed his cigars.
    • The creativity on show is astounding. Only the first part but rehearsals already have several tracks from both Let It Be and Abbey Road as well as solo stuff such as Gimme Some Truth, All Things Must Pass, Another Day. The development of Get Back was stunning.
    • They're decent guys who interact well with all those about them.
    • Linda is cute.
    • Yoko has infinite patience sitting there all day long listening to blokes jamming and bantering. Maybe she has John's stash and he needs her close.
    • The footage is extraordinary. Astonishing that it exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭endainoz

Yeah I'd agree with all of that. The quality of the footage is amazing. Loving the underlying tension that's constantly there too, would be great to have extended footage like this of them doing Sgt Pepper's. But if anything this has reminded me to get more Beatles vinyl and possibly hope we see the Bootleg Beatles in Stradbally on the salty dog sometime soon.

I've always wanted to see The Bootleg Beatles (they must be getting on, been around for over 40 years) and they'd go down a storm headlining one of the tents. They could even finish in the Electric Arena - this is a band that regularly sells out the Albert Hall.

The only festival I've ever been at where there was a chance of seeing them was Glasto 2013 but the organisers cheekily had them clashing with the Stones. I was still tempted......

I remember seeing them in the Westport festival in 2013, the were great fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I saw the Bootleg Beatles at some open air gig with my sister and family at Clonakilty in Co Cork about six years ago, thought they were pretty amazing, would go down a treat at EP.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,013 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Hey folks, i have a standing ticket to James/Happy Mondays for sale, gig is tomorrow.

Can't go because I caught the 'rona :(

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

If no one took it, I think you can get a refund on TM if you're Covid positive (hope it's not too bad a dose)..

If you click in to your order and 'need help with your order' there's a dropdown for Covid positive - hope that helps / works..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭Mucker46

I have used this a few times recently and never an issue getting a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

Hope you're doing well everlast..

Was at the gig last night - Happy Mondays were awful, Sean a shadow of himself really and Bez just phoning it in.

James were very good, with expanded line up, but I far rather seeing them in a smaller venue - lost the connection you get when you can see the whites of their eyes - good setlist, but no Tomorrow or Sometimes..

Hopefully you can catch them at EP22

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,882 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Reading and Leeds announcement next Wednesday. Could see some overlapping with EP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

id say strong chance of arctic monkeys, their tour dates seem to lineup

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Snap!, didn't have a ticket but also just finishing up my bout of the 'rona, I got off really easily on the thing, bit of a groggy headache for a week and a never ending runny nose. Hope yours was as easy.

(my sense of smell & taste are also awol but for I suspect my taste may have departed many decades ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭Stillill42

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

oh it's chronic, i freely admit that, i've only recently kicked the habit of downloading 80s flac compilations, for the next bout of winter distraction, i have the complete set of now that's what i call sh1te vols 1 - 108 in flac to tag / slap in artwork and then convert to apple lossless for storage and then into aac for listening to on the ipods... i think i may need professional help

The Cure announced for 3 Arena December next year. If haven't seen already presagle available on 3plus tickets on Wednesday general sale Friday. This could be their last tour.

Tame Impala announced some extra European shows at the end of August and early September with space for EP 🤞🤞

The mad cool festival lineup is pretty impressive in terms of the amount of "big acts" they have got for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

That Thursday line-up has some serious acts. St. Vincent, Tove Lo, Tom Misch, Cherry Glazerr, Four Tet, Peggy Gou, Floating Points all on the one day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Coldplay (sorry for mentioning the C-word) finish their USA, LATM, &EU tour in Glasgow on the 24th of August without and Irish date!, although I would have said they're stadium only at this stage?

Yea I'd say they will be doing their own headline shows and I'd say they cost a pretty penny to book. I'd be delighted if they were on the line up tho.

Big Acts yeah, but for me almost uniformly awful. Pixies the only act I'd bother with, or Muse if they stuck to their first four albums.

Apologies Eanna, but the undercard is little better and that'd be a very poor weekend for me.

Bring me the horizon(obviously not turning up at EP) and Arctic Monkeys are 2/6 of reading/Leeds headliners. Oli from BMTH leaked it during an nme interview

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭crl84

Don't usually get many from R&L, but you'd assume RATM and Run The Jewels will be back at least.

Maybe Wolf Alice, Glass Animals too.

Fontaines DC to be announced after their Iveagh Gardens gig in the summer maybe. Given that they've already played ATN in 2019, they're probably due an EP appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Struggling to find a ticket. Any idea if more are due to go on sale before Christmas?

I can see them maybe having AM play Tennets T Vital instead of Ep with a few similar acts supporting them. Then RATM/Tame Impala as 2/3 of headliners then maybe snow patrol and picture this back in the fold?

Even though I'm not a massive AM live fan but if they got the 3 of them as headliners that's an impressive start.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,399 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

It looks like Efestivals is down was trying to find out when EOTR was going to announce lineup, perhaps due to R&L activity after their announcement.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

I'd imagine quite a few refunds have been issued between both this year and last, so there could be 10-20k tickets available when they go back on sale (that's a complete guess)

Date on sale is the next question, normally late March but they could hold off to see some improvement on the covid situation.

Post edited by Fatfrog on

Advertisement