Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric Picnic 2022 - Here we go again! - **No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

There are 244 sleeps

happy new year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

At this stage, that doesn't feel that long after the last two years 😂

Snarky Snark Snark

It really doesn’t does it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Happy EP year everyone, reading a Glasto forum and it was mentioned Benn is back as a director, hopefully there might be a bit of crossover, Aerosmith would go down well at the 5pm Sunday slot...

Snarky Snark Snark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭rubick

Greetings Fellow Enthusiasts!

Happy New Year to yiz.

James/Mondays were exceptional.

Hope you're all well! :D

Yes Seath - herself & I opted for the Dublin show, got standing tickets on main sale day!

Have quite a few in the ticket drawer, hoping things improve because we have a couple in the Button Factory next month (Dry Cleaning, Sons of Kemet).

Post edited by rubick on

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id love to see Aerosmith at EP but not a hope plus they won't fly over for a one off gig.

Fingers crossed we get RATM again this year

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Any word if this is being covered by the anti-touting legislation? Presumably should be a decent supply of tickets trickling in over the next few months if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭endainoz

I'd say we have a good chance of rage to be brought back alright. After watching the amazing doc on them I'd love to see Sparks on the Friday evening legend slot, I see they're in vicar strewn in April, be nice if they came back. A quick Google showed they have played EP before, though that was in 2006 so obviously a completely different festival in those days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,283 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

See you at Dry Cleaning if we all make it, half of this thread will be there.

They played one of the smaller tents (Crawdaddy?) and were superb, only 2/3 full but they gave it their all. They followed Gang of Four on that stage and afterwards I remember dashing to New Order on the main stage. THAT was a good evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Sorry my heads a mess at the moment, still looking for a gaff and prices at the moment is horrendous, hopefully when I get sorted proper with a gaff I can relax and start talking about and thinking about music again.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

All the best in your search Niall, and have a good 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

#Puresh1te!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Cherym on Fanning at Whelan's there. First band I saw at the last EP, Salty Dog, early Friday afternoon. Mucker also in attendance. A nice little vivid flashback to a life half forgotten. Delines in Feb just snatched away from me this morning. It'll be alright, lads, won't it? There's light at the end of the tunnel, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Mucker46

Ah the memories Stillill. Had avoided Covid until tonight when one of the kids tested positive so the light has been dimmed but there is a light that never goes out. Just Mustard snatched from me but to be honest the way things are probably wouldn't have gone but we will get back to it and hopefully in the not too distant future. Stay safe all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭endainoz

Not completely, some serious acts that would suit or have played EP before, Billie Eilish, Run the Jewels, Flume, Disclosure, Idles, Caribou, Jamie xx etc etc. That said I'd have no interest in the social media influencer types that you'd see everywhere at a festival like Coachella. I guess we'll know a bit more about Glastonbury next?

Glasto usually announces in March, though announcements mid-pandemic haven't been consistent. Billie Eilish and Diana Ross the only ones confirmed thus far.

And this is interesting, via efestivals Glasto forum. I can't verify if it's completely true but it's shows the talent agencies responsible for the Coachella acts - CAA, UTA, Wassermann and WME deal with over 90% off the acts. Is this the future where the management of major artists is in the hands of a few corporations? Implications for independence, ability to speak out politically, etc. Progress it ain't.

Chermyn very good, think I caught that set also, or possibly the same stage the previous year. Pandemic memory is shot to sh*t. The last EP feels as far away now as the 2012/13 ones.

Bad news about The Delines, was looking forward to that. However I'd prefer to see them in a full venue rather than 50%, can't see 100% capacity until March at the earliest. Am expecting Squid and Dry Cleaning to be scrubbed next. Can't make the latter due to jury service so if it proceeds there may be tickets available.

I'm looking instead at March/April - Joe Jackson, Clannad, Cory Wong, Joan As Policewoman, Bambara, Hugh Cornwell, Tindersticks. Can I pray for these to go ahead and yet retain my atheist status? Answers on a postcard please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is Joe Jackson still going. When I was over in Scotland my sisters husband had got a record deck again and we were looking through the old vinyl's, he had Joe Jackson's I'm The Man, which I used to have as well, it still sounds a great record.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Dry Cleaning have shifted a lot of their Jan/Feb European Dates dates to April/May - not word on Button Factory/Empire shows yet.

Midlake over in April. Worth a Dublin trip for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

Ah agree, but I normally lust at the Coachella line up, but for what is one of 'the' festivals globally, its pretty poor this year. Dare I say the EP2020 line up was far better than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭crl84

A lot of it is down to booking US acts who are touring. A huge portion of the lineup is US-based rappers or acts who don't need to bring a huge crew with them, or come from overseas.

Coachella is in the awkward position of being early in the festival season and there's little certainty over gigs going ahead, so most acts haven't booked tours through the Spring. In normal times there'd be loads of international acts doing tours throughout the US from Feb-May who would be booked, but very few have tours this year.

I'd expect Summer festivals to be more likely to have better lineups or retain what they announce, given the likelihood of less virus circulating in the warmer months, but they'll probably all still end up with a few cancellations, either a few months before if acts cancel tours, or a few days before if acts/crew test positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭crl84

Not sure that's really that different from years ago?

All big acts will be represented by big management companies, big commercial festivals will be disproportionately represented.

And I'd imagine Coachella has long had acts primarily from the big 4 record companies. Many will be signed to subsidiaries that are owned by majors. Most EP acts on the 4 main arena stages will be ultimately on the big 4 labels/represented by major talent agencies.

Primal Scream just announced for Fairview Park, Screamadelica show. 22/06/2022.

I'm out of practice here lads, does this mean less likely for a Picnic appearance?

I'd say next to no chance of EP. International acts have returned for the Picnic after doing 3Arena and other gigs, but not after major outdoor shows.

That date means Glasto is a near certainty for PS.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Primavera might be a better indicator of who is touring Europe this year. I think it's pretty good

Advertisement