Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pearse street physio?

• 24-09-2021 9:38pm

Anyone any experience with Pearse street physio?

Upping the intensity of my training and really looking to make progress over the next few months and one thing that holds me back is mobility.

Is it okay to attend with just general poor mobility (as opposed to a specific injury)? Hoping they can point me in the right direction and establish some kind of programme etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭karlitob

Aidan’s a great guy and an excellent therapist. You won’t go wrong.

Don’t need to be injured to go see a physio. They’ll see you right.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

I went there a number of years ago. I initially saw Aidan Woods and would concur he seems like an excellent physio, I went on the strength of multiple recommendations. He was obviously absolutely snowed under with clients and he referred me on to one of his juniors in the business (Who wasn't as accomplished, unfortunately).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭Augme

If it is just a general mobility programme you can easily make one up yourself from a bit of research online and YouTube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭PoisonIvyBelle

He got me to get an MRI years ago and then never referred me to a consultant in that area; as a result I had longstanding damage. When I eventually went to a surgeon years later I was told I should have been referred after my initial scan. Wouldn't be my first recommendation.

As an alternative suggestion, Andrew Watson on Fitzwilliam Square is quite good.

• Advertisement

Consultants only accept referrals from GPs - not chartered physiotherapists. If they do, I’ve never heard of it.

While private radiology groups will accept a referral from anyone, they typically only do so on referral from GP - and they ALWAYS send the report to your GP.

The surgeon is not the arbiter of health or physio practice. Just cos she or he said that - it doesn’t make it true. I’ve treated some awful messes by surgeons who shouldn’t have operated n my patients. But that’s just my opinion - just like your surgeon.

And finally - the harm that brought you to the physio was the cause of your longstanding damage - not the absence of a referral to a consultant that is not the practice of a physio or receipt of a referral which is not the practice of surgeon.

If you have an issue with the clinical care of a chartered physiotherapist I recommend you contact Coru. You should also refer your GP to the Medical Council for not following up on your results which - in the view of your surgeon - led to an adverse outcome in your care.

I went straight to him, not via a GP. He didn't even refer me to a GP. It was only when I went to GP I got referred to surgical consultant, and by that time I had nerve damage worsened by the fact he had not advised me to seek further assistance and just left me with a sheet of exercises and advised I could never (as in, never) take part in the physical activity again that I had been doing, which also turned out to inhibit my recovery. Various physios I saw after couldn't understand the approach either.

If I could have reported anyone, it would have been him. I let it go. People make mistakes. But if someone if asking for advise on whether to attend, I'm clearly not going to lie about my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭caviardreams

For the record I have been referred to consultants by physios direct in 3 cases with 3 different physios so it is absolutely possible (one of whom was pearse street physio as it happens)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Just to note you need to be referred to the physio by your GP in order to claim the expenses back from the taxman. Physio can end up expensive over the course of a couple of months treatment

Advertisement