Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 14; Russell T Davies Returns

Options

Comments

OK that couple of seconds look fairly confident and solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

From what's reported, by the time Ncuti's first "seasons 1" episode airs he will have in fact filmed 2 seasons (his first season wrapped in July) and his original deal is believed to be only two seasons.

That means for the first time in history of Doctor Who an actor may have filmed his regeneration scene before their first season hit television screens.

He is in the Christmas special this year of course. So he will have had air time. But interestingly enough they are filming Christmas 2024 special episode at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,932 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Hmm, I'm sure if he had filmed a regeneration scene, the identity of the new actor would have leaked by now? I hope things are left open ended enough for now that there's room for him to film a third season if the reaction to him is positive.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭bren2001

I very much assume the contract is for two full seasons plus the regeneration scene. Not one season and one scene.

Erm... I said be was filming his second season now. Well before his first has aired. Sorry, don't know what you mean by that.

Regenerations are a funny thing on the show. Jodie filmed her regeneration scene a year in advance before David Tenant came back. They just spliced together the footage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,091 ✭✭✭bren2001

I get what you mean now, apologies.

Yeah, unlikely but possible of course. I think we would have heard if that was the case.

I wouldnt be surprised to see him do another season, he'll likely negotiate for a better deal when his initial episodes are airing.

That said you just don't know. Maybe it's a 2 season and done type of deal. BBC wouldn't announce his departure before his episodes aired.

There was some backlash about how Christopher Eccesholson (spelling?) And his departure got leaked and people weren't happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,222 ✭✭✭corkie

The 14th doctor had some comic book adventures before meeting Donna, which are summarized in the above link.

Never knew the above was a thing, crossover between the shows.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I have a feeling these Toymaker episodes could be total classics.

Neil Harris is a great choice to play him.

And Tennant is just a fantastic Doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,368 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

YESSSSSS

That made my day seeing Wilf again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,307 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

That was a great fun episode

• David Tennant called this special "unlike any Doctor Who episode ever", referring to the specials as a whole as "Russell [T Davies] off the leash".[5]

"Mavity"

This episode was dedicated to the memory of Bernard Cribbins, who passed away over a year before transmission.

Thought it was an okay episode, if not a bit repetitive in nature.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

I enjoyed it myself. Thought last week's was probably a tad bit better but return the form.

I started watching Doctor Who in 2013 going through the reboot episodes from 2005 and the last two episodes in my opinion, have been the best since Tenant and RTD left.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭ebbsy

That was one of the best episodes I have seen in years, great acting the whole way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So the superstition thing messed things up? can't all be about "mavity".

Wasn't it established in a previous episode that the Doctor can make the TARDIS materialise using the key?

Strange they had the TARDIS change for no reason and then have it explode.

Really good episode.

Thought they were going the route of what may or may not have happened with the professor in Sliders. Except maybe Donna gets saved somehow and they meet in the next episode.

You could see the Disney money with the special effects in that episode.

Thought they were going the route of what may or may not have happened with the professor in Sliders. Except maybe Donna gets saved somehow and they meet in the next episode.

I was thinking about Arturo in Sliders as well.

An okay episode. Started out promising with the anticipation buildup around the Tardis pulling a legger (I can see why the Doctor disabled that "feature"!) and no sonic screwdriver either. But the copycat thing was dragged out and it was a concept done a million times before.

Tennant is really doing the heavy lifting for the writing. And a good job he's doing too. Love how he's incorporating not just the 10th Doctor but the experiences of 11, 12 and 13 as well to bring a more mature version of his previous character.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Had to Google what Wild Blue Yonder was then it left me wondering what it had to do with the episode and why would Donna's teacher get them to sing an American Air Force song?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I haven't enjoyed the show this much in years. Neither episode so far are brilliant but they're a lot more fun than Chin's era.

RTD, who has clearly acknowledged the Flux and Timeless child plots, might at least use it to play to his writing strengths which is with characters.

• Advertisement

Gatwa had the distinction of being the very first black actor to spearhead the series in the titular role, .... He is also the first openly queer actor to play an on-screen version of the Doctor[9], as well as the first actor born after the end of the show's original tenure to play the role.

Hope we don't have people screaming woke over a queer doctor (/lead), remember John Barrowman.

Sure wasn't Jodie's Doctor implied to be gay with Yaz?

Funnily enough I don't remember much of people screaming over John Barrowman though that was nearly 20 years ago so those people wouldn't have had as much reach.

The Ninth Doctor was implied to be a bit bi if I remember correctly. Not sure what was up with Ten, he was in love with Rose but it looks like only the half-human version of himself got to consummate things. I reckon Amy had an affair with Eleven and he blamed the time vortex for her producing a Time Lord child 🙂

In the last episode we had Fourteen realising he still carried some latent feelings for the male sex following his stint as a woman.

@Stark I don't remember much of people screaming over John Barrowman

I can't remember it either, I was just trying to say the franchise has a history been inclusive? (if the correct word).

And 'Torchwood' was more of an ensemble cast.

Gatwa got some flak when his role was announced.

The Celestial Toymaker: Animated Teaser | Doctor Who

Doctor Who’ Gets More Than 100 Complaints Over “Inappropriate” Transgender Character

The BBC received more than 100 complaints from Doctor Who viewers who argued that the inclusion of Yasmin Finney‘s transgender character Rose was “inappropriate.”

The corporation has revealed it had 144 messages from disgruntled viewers in its fortnightly report on audience complaints. Some said Heartstopper star Finney’s character was “anti-male,” while others said it was an “inappropriate inclusion of [a] transgender character.”.......

Sounds more like 144 people didn't like a trans person being on tv - such a non story and I have my own opinions about some so called trans people

Wait til the new gay Doctor starts, society will crumble

@fritzelly Wait til the new gay Doctor starts, society will crumble

Wait till you find out who is in the cast for xmas special:-

🔷 LIVE: 1 Hour of Regeneration | Doctor Who

Post edited by corkie on

So now we have Regenerated Tennant, Parallel Universe Tennant & Split Tennant.

• Advertisement

Didn't see that regeneration coming. Well kept under wraps.

But allows Tenant to easily come back and do the odd Christmas special or what have you.

Advertisement