Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do some men only champion women after having a daughter? - a column

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

" women need championing " for those who buy into the whole victim group narrative

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

it is peculiar , remember someone doing it about the Young Scientists, the guy had 2 daughters but was OTT gushing that girls (not his) had done well in it. Support your own kids, but championing one gender seems odd.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I’m inclined to agree, people these days specifically but not limited to late teens and young twenty somethings seem to be deliberately delighted to hang their flag on a victim group narrative.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

It's career wise for journalists to do so

It also requires almost no critical thinking ,mere parroting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Years ago niche sports got little time on telly, If you watched darts or snooker it was in the pub not on the telly and grandstand only gave it 30 mins and not the whole match.

These days all sport is on TV or online, it's huge money for rights for sports, Setanta took on division 3 in the UK and made it cool, Same with the celtic league and even the GAA league. They build up the sports and then the big dogs come in and buy up the rights for megabucks.

The next cheap sports are women's sports, They are on TV, rights-free TV, I don't need a sub to watch it so it's great that it's getting some more exposure.

I don't watch under 18 football does that make me agest?

• Advertisement
Advertisement