Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is your cat affecting your life?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

My cat Jackson is 12 and is blind in one eye but she’s still a horrific bully and thug.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

We have a cat which must be around 25 years old. Still on the go. Plus we have her children and their grandchildren. The eldest turned up out of the blue with her children over 2 decades ago and we couldn't turn them away. In total their are five cats still alive (we once had nearly 10!!). They spend most of their time outside and sleep in a purpose built shed with beds and central heating. The grandmother sleeps indoors with the cocker spaniel.

Any new cats which arrive (which is very rare these days) we have always found homes for.

Lately one of the cats or the cocker spaniel is turning up with bats at night, sometimes not dead. We also have the usual assortment of visiting foxes, hedgehogs and stoats.

Biggest issue now is finding the cat food they like. Since Brexit and the trucking crisis, pickings are slim in most supermarkets. At least for the food my lot like.

People can post all they like about how "hilarious" they find those who think their cats love them, but I think most people here acknowledge that cats are mostly self interested and manipulative.

They can absolutely be affectionate though - including after they've eaten. And they're cute and funny. Don't care that they're selfish - that can be one of ther funniest traits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

The old saying goes, "dogs have masters, cats have staff"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Harryd225

At the end of the day your cat doesn't love you and you are delusional to think it does, cats are not nice creatures like dogs are any normal non cat loving owner will look into the eyes of a cat and see evil eyes like what you would see in a snake.

In fact it has been proven in multiple studies that if that cats were bigger they would attack and eat their owners the only reason they don't at their current size is because they are too afraid and don't feel capable.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/os-cats-kill-you-bigger-study-story.html

There are strong parallels between domestic cats and their larger feline brethren, including aggression and neurotic behavior.

The study rated domestic cats as expressing high levels of dominance, impulsiveness and neuroticism, characteristics they share with larger felines like the clouded leopard, African lions, snow leopards and Scottish wildcats. House cats also have high levels of anxiety, insecurity, tension, suspicion and fear of people.

Either way, the results of the study, while not completely a shock, are unnerving, especially a conclusion that domestic cats have a desire to kill humans and would more than likely do so if they were bigger and stronger.

If you want actual real love and affection from an animal you should get a dog but you likely won't because cat owners are generally lazy self centred women just like their cats, who want an animal that doesn't need much taking care of and that they can ignore and only pay attention to when they feel like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Show us on the doll where the bad cat touched you Harry....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Honestly! Did you read that study? There were so many flaws in the basic premise that it could not possibly be taken seriously. They studied domestic cats in a shelter and concluded, according to the newspaper article, that they demonstrated that 'House cats also have high levels of anxiety, insecurity, tension, suspicion and fear of people'. Well yes they were in a shelter. The other big cats were in zoos! Then the Scottish wildcats they did not even study, just used previous date.

Anyway it is obvious that your ramblings were solely to allow you to insert the last paragraph. Why you would want to bother engaging in a thread about cats I have no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

re your last para... There is a verse in "Alice" that applies,,,"He only does it to annoy because he knows it teases>" But we have the IGNORE button.. Coming back fresh to boards there is a lot of that mentality around

They're only trying to get a rise. Don't give them what they want! The first one they posted didn't have much of an impact so they posted another one repeating much of the first one (as if people can't read) and then more provocative stuff to up the ante, but lacking substance.

I love dogs too and I don't care if cats would kill me if I was small enough, because I'm not small enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

To be fair I'd love if my cats were the same size as my dogs

Post edited by PsychoPete on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Boo and double boo, did a kitten scratch you when you were younger? Let it go, you're safe now 😍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭Harryd225

What is your purpose here? What are you hoping to achieve, in a thread populated by people talking about their own pets?

Your first post, since deleted, was about how you wanted to kill your cat and bury it in a field somewhere and pretend it had run away.

We get it. You don't like cats and that's fine, not everyone sees their charm. But to threaten an animal much smaller than you with harm is not on. By the way, many cat owners are also dog owners.

I suggest you consider seeking some professional help if your hatred is running so deep that you are googling internet studies about cats and are threatening to kill an animal and need to seek attention about it on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 BlockPartee

You have to feel pity for harryd. He has some amount of hatred (and is also a misogynist) and is projecting. Take a break from the internet and leave this thread to us cat lovers. You're not wanted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 oookkkaaayyy

Little Jackson might only be 10 months old, but he already knows how to pose for a photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I reported that post and until yours did not connect it with this XXXX Ah well..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

My neighbor's cat has some of my plants destroyed because he comes in jumping around my flower patch and pooping there also. I had to buy cat repellent pellets which I now have scattered all around my flower patch to stop him from coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,418 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Wait till you hear about squirrels, foxes, rats, badgers and other animals.

Advertisement