Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regretting a break up

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Muller1991

Oh I am certainly going in with my eyes wide open here, As for the holiday I honestly don't care what happened on it, We where not with each other at the time and I have gone on a few dates over the summer too. I wont be throwing any precious time away I truly believe it is worth it. I know this isnt Hollywood but if at works out im writing a screenplay lol and if it doesn't sure look at least I know I have tried :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Trust me, this is not going to work out. It never does. You're kidding yourself with the working on yourself bullsh*t. Mark my words, it's always the same. I saw an ex on Bumble last year and we had been split up about a year, freaked me out for a while as I missed her. A few months ago I met someone far more suitable. If I were you I'd move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Muller1991

Thanks for your opinion - I can 100% see where you are coming from I thought similar years ago with a previous relationship that lasted longer than this one but to be honest everyone is different and not every relationship is the same etc. I have a really good feeling that things will work out for the best one way or the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Thelonious Monk/Bucketybuck just ‘get’ it.

Its blunt but a very good and realistic reality check.

All gonna end in tears after getting strung along and hope being rekindled.

I don't think anyone can predict how this will work out.

For what its worth @Muller1991, my best friend and her partner were together for ten years, living together, had a house and they separated - everything split up, the house sold and they went their separate ways.

Three years passed, during which they both saw other people. Then their paths crossed again they realised they still had feelings for each other. They decided to try again, and long story short, five years later, they got married and are still together.

This may work out for you or it may not. But at least you can say you tried your best, and you won't spend your life wondering about "what ifs".

My advice is keep talking and keep being honest. You'll know soon enough if its working, or not. And best of luck to you both.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭JoChervil

But you are talking about a completely different situation. You friend and her partner split for three years. Usually emotional healing lasts 2 years, so after three years they had clean plate and they could have tried again. While OP didn't have a chance to heal...

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Skibunny77

You have no understanding about how 'healed' the Op is. There are billions of human relationships all over the world, with all sorts of circumstances. Plenty of people break up, get back together within this time frame & go on to have successful loving relationships. I know many couples with a similar story to OP - OP, ignore people who claim to have a crystal ball, one way or another, things will work out. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,928 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Plenty of people don't. I don't know anyone who has. People split up for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭locohobo

Gotta echo what Skibunny77 said....You are "You"..No one else can determine if its right for "YOU" to go for what "YOU" feel is right in this...Be very open and honest with you're (ex)...But above all be very open and honest with you're own thoughts and feelings..No two lives are the same and what proved to be a ballbreak in one can be a boon in another... Others have said what they have done and experienced and how it affected their lives..But only "YOU" can call the shot on this...This current pandemic has really thrown one hell of a lot of curve balls into peoples lives..We are only human after all and we really can FCUK things up when put into unknown territory...If you have really fcuked it up..then UNFCUK it...Be open and above all honest with you're dealing with this...If "she" is really the one meant for "you" then she will totally understand.........(Hopefully in the nearish future I will be expecting an invite to the nuptials....)...best of luck you you op.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,600 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

OP, I haven't read the whole thread but if you're regretting the breakup and are certain that you love her tell her that. Maybe she's moved on and you get shot down but imo it's better to try then look back with regret in years to come

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 13,839 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Muller1991, as you have come to a decision and to save you coming back to the thread to repeatedly defend that decision, I will lock it now.

If you need it reopened for further advice in the future you can contact one of the PI Moderator Team

@Big Bag of Chips @shesty @Hannibal_Smith

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement