Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has the Pandemic changed you in how you feel when you are out and about?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

They could have joined their friends sitting outside the pub with no need for covid certs but I understand the uncertainty might have put them off if they're not used to going out since restrictions eased. I think its unusual that they couldn't buy food at the cinema, I've been to a couple different cinemas in Cork recently and never book either tickets or food in advance. Sounds like their local cinema is very awkward about things.

I don't think it has changed me really, I get mildly irritated when someone stands far too close to me in the queue but that's more because its just rude and ignorant behaviour now rather than the fear they'll give me covid.

I stuck to all the rules while they were in place. Worked on covid wards during the 2 bad waves so took things very seriously. Now I'm enjoying life as usual, going out for meals a couple times a week, cinema, catching up with friends and so on. Just from looking at the people around me, I think the majority are happy to go back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

I live with two elderly parents who are incredibly paranoid about the whole thing still (thanks RTE). So I have to be careful when I'm out as fairness to them, lest I bring something home.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I was on the Dart the other day. A noticeable minority of people aren't wearing masks. Some are the usual suspects for anti-social behaviour. I'm not particularly concerned for my health but I find it amazing that other won't wear masks out of consideration for other people's concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭yagan

To help keep the mother in law distracted I put links on her phone to local masses, and rosaries from knock and lourdes. It really helped her from doom spiraling, but since then she's shown zero interest in actually going to mass in person.

She's happy to go to a church to light a candle when it's empty, but it looks like it's mass via the internet for her from now on. I reckon the RCC are really feeling it in the pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

There is a famous saying about that. If go out and meet a C*nt, you're probably unlucky for bumping into a c*nt. If you go out and everyone you meet is a C*nt, you're probably the c*nt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

I know the pub and you have to enter it to sit in the outdoor area. No covid cert, so no entry.

As I said in the post you quoted my annoyance is the different interpretations of the rules in different venues. That particular cinema implemented booking tickets and drinks in advance. The cinemas you visited interpreted the rules differently. Thats the source of my annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Kerry25x

You shouldn't need a cert just to pass through, they're specifically for indoor drinks and dining. Even if you're dining outside you can go inside to use the toilets without a cert. Hopefully things will keep getting easier with regards needing to prebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,281 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

People can't be expected to live according to the unknown requirements of a small handful of people forever like

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

My personal space in public used to be about a yard. Now it is two. N-95 Masking all the time in public. Avoid unmasked. Someone coughed or sneezed indoors and I make a speedy exit to avoid the plume. Generally avoid all social gatherings, sporting events, village markets, theaters, and the like. Prefer online to face-to-face work meetings.

As this pandemic winds down, it has made me more determined to celebrate the here and now. Life is not a rehearsal, nearly all hesitancy out the window. No problem wearing a mask as required, other than that it's business as usual. Fail to comprehend the vaccinated cowering in fear outdoors, ironically I give these individuals a wide berth. I have a small degree of sympathy for those taken in by the hysteria amped up by an irresponsible media, provided they don't obstruct my routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm not saying everyone I meet is a cnut, just that I think of them that way and it's up to them to prove me otherwise, through their actions and words (or not prove anything to me, I don't care either way). And maybe I am one. I don't think so, I don't put in or out with people and I help those close to me when needed.

Is your life very different now to how it used to be? Do you feel afraid or are you content with how you live now?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Cliches Warning 🤓 !!!!!!!!

Feel afraid? No. Just cautious. “Fear is the mind killer” (Frank Herbert, DUNE). And what does not kill us makes us stronger (Nietzsche). Survival of the fittest (Herbert Spencer). Plus way too much java on an empty stomach!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

My attitude is you could take all the precautions in the world and just be either unlucky or absent minded one day and get it

I never give it a seconds thought, I wear masks in shops etc but will not wear one outside any building even people are congregating ( don't mean a tight queue)

Say picking kids up from school etc

Advertisement