Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Let me know how Fabihno is.....I need a Brazilian DM and the choice is either him or Fred to partner De Jong.

Was leaning towards Fabihno as I have a lack of height in the team.

Had a blast playing coop rivals last night. 7 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

I'm on a wired connection, used to happen on wireless for me too. Hope they sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Bloody hell, just looking at some different options and Serie A seems ridiculously underpriced/undervalued.

The above only costs 165,000! If you wanted to upgrade it even further you could get Hernandez in at LB for Spinazzola and maybe Dybala in at CAM, but other than that it looks pretty extraordinary for a starter team to be honest.

I'm going to sell up my PL team and move to this because it's much better for close to half the price.

4-2-3-1 with Kessie CDM, Barella B2B and Mkhi CAM.

PS - the Hero cards for Cordoba (CB) and Di Natale (ST) look like they will be great too so you could upgrade it again with those.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yeah, Serie A looks brilliant for value. I was going to go with that league before I got IF Vinicius. Serie A also has POTM this year so that’s an added bonus to a Serie A team.

Loving the slow-paced gameplay too, actually enjoying playing FIFA barring the new rivals system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

If you have a player in your team who performs well in real life, does the card get a boost in the game?

• Advertisement

No, but the Toney IF card has some new aspect to it but I haven't looked into what that entails.

Im starting to pick up some steam trading now.

Rare Prem players buying for 1000-1200 and selling for 500-700 profit each.

Bailly, Greenwood, Neves, Jimenez, Odegard.

I shift around 5-8 a rotation.

Picked up the IF T.Silva card. 18k for an 86 seemed decent. Most of the prem CBs are slow anyway.

I want to get another 3/4 decent players in before continuing on as my 1k Prem players are just below what most were using on day 1 of the trial.

I get full access tomorrow evening so I'll keep churning players until then, should be up 200k or so by then.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

He’s been solid for me so far. A clear step up on Allan who I’d been using.

I have him and Pogba and they are ultra strong together. Proper physical duo, which I think works well at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Packed untradable Pogba today from a seasons pack so I'm gonna be rocking him and untradable De Jong together for the foreseeable

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Not having web app access yet is making me reconsider FUT this year :/

As some of you are showing you can build decent teams right now relatively cheaply but come two weeks time prices will have risen. It’s a good opportunity to build a serviceable squad when I won’t have the time or inclination this year for the trading grind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

My PS5 auto downloaded the ps4 version today for some reason so I hopped on that after my 10 hours ran out since the timer isn't shared between versions.

Might be my imagination but finding squad battles way easier on the ps4 version. Was winning on professional by the odd goal on ps5 but I'm beating the lower rated gold teams by 5 or 6 on Legendary on ps4.

Squad battle rewards seem to be out tomorrow morning at 9 so I'm going to concentrate on that and try to get into elite 1.

• Advertisement

Weird, just noticed mine is doing the same. I wonder why? And is there an additional download for the PS5 version?

Played a few more games of the XB1 version since my trial on the next gen was done.

My impression after one game was that they were as similar as 2021 but I certainly jumped the gun.

That last gen version is awful, all that button delay, passes going through your players, awful defending AI leaving holes etc... just that general messiness and sloppy gameplay.

The next gen is much tighter. Much less "what is that shite".

The amount of silly misses I had in the last gen this evening. Maybe 4 chances youd barely see one of in a football season.

If I didnt have the Series X and only had that version as an option I wouldn't bother with it.

Uninstalled and I'll just wait until 5pm tomorrow(HK launch at 5) thought I'd play the XB1 version for the night but its annoying me too much to bother with it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Switched to this today and really enjoying it.

I had the spare coins so brought in Hernandez at LB instead of Spinazzola.

For a smidge over 200,000 coins, I don't think I could find better value for money for a starter squad. I was all set to bring in Dybala at CAM but Mkhi has been excellent so far in that position. His 4*/5* seems to be really slept on.

I also decided to revert to balanced everything on my usual 4-2-3-1 formation (with Kessie on stay back but everyone else with default instructions) and I think it's made a world of difference, at least until we see what works best in terms of custom tactics in the coming weeks.

By the way, Kessie is an absolute MONSTER at CDM!

I know I mentioned it earlier, but I can't emphasise enough how refreshing it is going into games and playing like a proper football match. Building up play, looking for gaps, recycling the ball, spreading it across field etc. Rather than playing against a skill move simulator with 20 La Croqueta cancels in a row from opponents followed by constant bridge moves to beat players on the edge of the box.

I'm sure exploits will be found soon enough and patches will no doubt make the game more arcade-like to appease the streamers and pros and by November we'll be back to the norm, but for now this is very enjoyable IMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Anyone on PS4/5 want to do the co-op games for the objective? Send me message if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Tried a prem team but this is much better value. Playing 433. Midfield 3 of wijnaldum, verratti and sanches is fantastic. Yedder is great too. Gameplay is enjoyable apart from shooting and goal keepers. Easy shots from inside the box are saved and stupidly hard volleys from drilled crosses go in.

Skill spammers are struggling which is nice to see.

So anyone get some good rewards from the Squad Battles today? I got 8,000 coins and 3 packs.

I'm happy with Trent Alexander Arnold, Gnabry, Gerard Moreno and Zinchenko.

Think I should trade Gerard Moreno as I don't think he'll fit my team.

Ended up getting Elite 1 in squad battles.

First pack I got Goretzka. Second pack was Jorginho but behind him was Chiesa and Ousmane Dembele !

Delighted with that as that's nearly 270k total and I had about 3k before that.

Should I sell now or wait for full release ? Goretzka looks like he could go up but I could take the coins and invest in 85/86s and IF Dzeko which seem very low priced.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I didn’t realise the squad battle rewards were out earlier I’d have played to elite. Got nothing of note in the packs. Only one walkout this year TAA.

My FIFA 22 trial on PS5 has disappeared. I still had 56 mins left on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,566 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Won the Draft this morning and didn't make my coins back from the packs, on day fkin one and the draft is already unprofitable

• Advertisement

Selling up a few tradable players. I have most of the objectives done now so will probably play ultra casually until the full release.

lads, have they mucked with player switching when using LB or is it just me?

im conceding a lot of goals cause it doesn’t seem to switch to players anywhere near the ball. Find I usually am having to mash it to get to the right player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Player switching seems fine to me. Havent noticed any difference.

Lost 3-2 to this ridiculous team earlier. How much cash do you reckon he dropped on that?

It doesnt feel any different but I would say with the default icons it's harder to see who you're controlling and then you have a new green icon for team mate press.

I had to turn off the next player indicator as it was way too complicated watching the play and getting the right person.

Theres also a new feature where you press R3 and a direction to get who you want but it seems too slow to use in most situations.

Don’t know but definitely needs his head checked after dropping that much cash so early in the game… must be boring for the rest of the game cycle having the best team already.

i reached 7/7 wins in rivals and just won another but there’s no progress? Is 7 wins a week the cap?

after none all week, had four games on the bounce that were ultra toxic. The type of lads who were doing mad celebrations while they murdered you, and then doing stupid flicks and passes to try and humiliate you. Two of them pausing to try and force quits. Weird.

I still can't make head nor tails of the rivals rewards screen. Is there no option to take just coins like in previous years ?

The packs seem pretty poor also. Also once you hit a new division can you not get relegated ?

EA Spain announced that Camavinga will be the objective player for otw promo. He might be decent after the 5 game win upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Is tonight the last chance to pre-order the ultimate edition and get a OTW?

• Advertisement

The pre order unlocks are there immediately. I got my points at 5pm when the HK version released.

You can change the settings to show your own players after a goal, has to be manually changed though.

Pressing RB, but the change this year is that the player pressing gets a small green rectangle over his head.

My understanding is the card was only available if you bought it a month ago or so... I have the UT version and didnt get one yet, paid for it a few days ago.

I did read complaints about that a few weeks back somewhere so wasnt expecting it.

Advertisement