Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

What's the scariest experience you have been through?

• 15-09-2021 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ corglass

Everything is fair game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭ Deregos.

Theres been a few but the first one that springs to mind was driving from Dublin Airport to Longford during that 'beast from the east' blizzard/lockdown/curfew a few years back with my wife . . . Slowest, longest, white knuckle ride of my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,285 ✭✭✭ Mister Vain

Getting stuck on a train tracks when I was a kid. It was a bit like that scene from Stand By Me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭ fun loving criminal

I have always had a fear of getting sick, so these covid times have been the scariest.

Apart from that, walking through an American airport when I heard some loud bang of some sort and everyone was ordered to freeze and not move. My heart was racing thinking was I going to get caught up in a terrorist attack. It all turned out ok in the end but I don't know what caused it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭ EmmetSpiceland

Sorry, but is your petite partner the younger one or is one of them, you know, bigger?

He/him/his

“When you're used to privilege, equality feels like oppression”.

#bekind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭ corglass

That sounds scary as hell. What make it car was it, do you remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭ Fingers Mcginty

mushbroom trip from hell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭ passatman86

After I was at a bohs v rovers match went back to the car to drive home. We all got into the car and 5 seconds later 2 men walk up to the passenger window asking for directions. As the driver gave directions i seen one of the men had a gun behind his back. I was maybe 10 years old and started pinching the driver whispering drive drive drive. Someone else then told the driver to drive and he did - but when i looked back at the 2 men the fella had the gun pointed at us as if ready to fire it. We talked about it on the drive home and the passenger beside me was an oulfella and he seen the gun and reckoned it was real.

Other times i was scared has to be when i was in 3 separate cars that flipped onto their roofs. On the 3 occasions the cars where taxed insured and tested

• Advertisement

Lived in the Balkans for a while, every single day I got into the jeep to drive around was terrifying!

Scary drivers over there, particularly the Albanians. I have been pushed out of the way by other vehicles and watched drivers speed straight across roundabouts. I played 'chicken' with oncoming overtaking drivers constantly, they always won!

I'm actually very proud of myself for getting through without ever crashing!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 9,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭ iamstop

Was just on a flight last night from Toronto to Winnipeg. Had started decent as was about 30 mins out. With no pre-shudders or warning the the whole plane must have dipped about 10 feet. I was buckled in but legit my arse left the seat. This was followed by about 15 seconds of lesser shaking and turbulence. There was some more minor turbulence on approach and at one point it seemed like the plane banked about 10 degrees to the left before leveling again.

I've flown quite a bit and been in mild to moderate turbulence and never been scared until last night. It was such that I over heard the steward commented on it when we landed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,169 ✭✭✭✭ Wanderer78

earthquake, 5000 killed

• Registered Users Posts: 18,070 ✭✭✭✭ fryup

@ nicknickelby - did they at least say thanks or acknowledge you?

Post edited by fryup on

• Advertisement
Advertisement