Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solis owners

Options
  • 05-09-2021 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question for any Solis hybrid owners is there any way to schedule charging from grid on a certain day?

With the smart plan I'm on there is free electricity from 9-5 on a Sunday. I have been charging batteries from grid with time scheduling charging set from 9am-5pm and discharging from 5pm-9am but need to manually do this at present every Sunday as can't seem to find a way of selecting it to only charge from grid on certain day. Am I missing this or just not available with Solis inverters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

You will have to do it manually sadly. you cant pick a day to charge. Now thats as far as I know, send Solis a email they might have another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

Cheers, figured that was the case as couldn't find the option but thought best ask in case I was missing something obvious somewhere in menus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭jkforde

just fyi, you may have to do a full manual restart of the inverter, battery etc., I had to do that when I enabled & set the Time of Use timings

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

As already mentioned you cannot do it this through normal Solis controls but it is possible. You can do this through modbus. This would require some extra hardware but nothing too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I think you can set up daily schedules as long as you have the latest firmware installed.

Can't think when it became available something like FW 0033 or 0034.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

That is interesting. Sorry for staying offtopic but does anyone has a flash stick and firmware?

My supplier had tried to flash it a while ago and had no luck. I am just wondering if it worked for anyone else as I am stuck on 0022.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

After you sure on that as got this reply from Solis support this morning "Currently this logic isn't built in. I don't believe we have plans for this either".

They have been wrong in the past though. Would you mind checking your Solis to see if allows specific daily scheduling. Mine allows three charge and discharge times but not selectable days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Just got installed running SW version 360026. I cant see in Advanced setting anything that looks like scheduling.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

I'm on 350022. Wonder what the changelog between 35 and 36 is.

I can't even find this in the settings, so maybe just doesn't exist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 tiffer

Hi, just had a solid Inverter installed. Is there a crib sheet to set the attached battery to charge from the mains at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tiffer

• Registered Users Posts: 14,624 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

From Solis support.

First step is to make sure you Set Storage mode to self-use mode 

Advanced Setting->Storage Energy Set->Storage Mode Select->Self Use->ON 

Enable charge from grid function

Advanced Setting->Storage Energy Set->Storage Mode Select->Self Use-> Charge from grid->Allow

Set time charging to ON

Advanced Setting->Storage Energy Set->Storage Mode Select->Self Use-> Time of Use->RUN

Select a charging time to set force charging the battery for the period selected

Advanced Setting->Storage Energy Set->Storage Mode Select->Self Use-> Time of Use->Charging time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,624 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

Sorry left out that the pin to get to advanced settings on the inverter is 0010

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭zoom_cool

What is the max number of PV panels on each string for a Solis 3.6kW Hybrid Dual MPPT (RHI-3.6K-48ES-5G)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Looking at the specs for the inverter....

Solis RHI-3.6K-48ES-5G 3.6kW Hybrid Solar Inverter

If you have any technical queries about this product or wish to report any issues with the information on this page then please use the Contact Form to contact us.

Supplier Part No: SOL-3.6K-RHI-48ES-5G-DC

Weight: 17 kg

Rated Power: 3,600 W

Min PPT Voltage: 90 V

Max PPT Voltage: 520 V

DC Startup Voltage: 120 V

DC Shutdown Voltage: 90 V

Max Input Voltage: 600 V

Max DC Power: 7,000 W

Max AC Power: 3,600 W

So (like many other inverters) the max input voltage is 600Volts. The voltage for most panels, and this DOES vary so you need to check your own panels spec, is about 40-45v, so you can fit 12 panels (12x45=540v) on a string. 13 at a "push", but I wouldn't advise it for a variety of reasons which I won't go into here.

Your pushing the inverter a bit though (watt wise) if you have 12 panels on one string....and probably another 6-8 on the other string?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭zoom_cool

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fdearle

Hello,

I recently had a Solis inverter installed by an installer. S5-EH1P6K-L I checked my meter a couple of days after installation and it had registered a shocking 428 units in just over 48 hours. It seems the calibration is way out of whack on the RS485 and is telling the meter we are consuming power we are not. The installer has gone very quiet so I've had a look at the Advanced Information panel myself.

The alarms list shows an MET_SLT-FAIL alarm.

Does anybody know what the meaning of this alarm is?

My second question relates to the alarms list on a brand new Solis. Is it normal for there to be Alarms in the alarm list prior to the supposed installation date of the Unit?

I would expect that to be clean however mine has entries for June and April this year. It includes another MET_SLT-FAIL alarm from last April. Note: it was installed last week. i.e September.

I find this surprising! There are two possible explanations that I can think of. Either the manufacturer put it on a test bed in April and I'm seeing alarms from that. However its that's the case it would appear they shipped with this MET_SLF-FAIL fault. The other is that the unit has been installed previously and developed the same fault previously.

Neither conclusion is very palatable. ANy insights would be welcome.

Regards

Fergal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

there was a very recent thread on this. be sure to post the solution please if you solve this!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

hi there

I need some help, was having some work done in the house and the power was shut off, and wifi off, then when turned back on solis app not reporting any data, is there a way to fix this or will it come back in its own time. I went to the inverted and panels seem to be producing and adding to battery, but just cant see on phone what is happening.

there was a message on the screen of the invertewr RS485 Fail, not sure what this means,

anyone have any suggestions ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Here is error message I got

Try unplugging and plugging back in the wifi stick?

How do i do that, is it just pulling it out or twisting it? The location of the inverter makes it difficult to twist the WiFi stick, as 8ts against a board, so don't want to force it out

The link previous said something about meter set, it's set to 1 phase, I assume that's correct,

i saw that there was a wire loose which was the R485 port, so I connected that and now I have very abnormal figures for today,

will the solis correct itself,

there is an abnormal plant data message on the app, suggesting I contact aftersales to confirm firmware version is the latest or check the communication connection between the inverter, meter and the battery, what should I do ?

I have this alarm message, what do I need to do

You need to unscrew the round cap and then pull down.

Not sure on the other error.

Sent the pictures to the lads in Enniskillen, they phoned straight back, somehow setting for the smart meter was wrong, and they talked me through how to vorrect.

Not sure how the setting was incorrect, but maybe an update that failed when I lost power to the house.

All good with daily totals also.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Glad you got sorted. Good support from your installer.

I have two cases raised with Solis about settings being changed on my inverter without any intervention from me. I'm wondering is it related to the remote control functionality that they are rolling out and older DLS-W loggers. Somehow requests becoming corrupted and changing different settings etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 irewestlad

Side question for this thread. Is it possible to see the total kwH produced over the course of the year from each individual string on a Solis inverter?

Advertisement