Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help with choosing an EV please!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Re M3 range, what tyres and were you using aerohubs, larger tyres and no hubs will have an impact on range

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

The Kona is smaller with a bigger battery so should have more range? Doesn't have 1 pedal driving, does it have adaptive cruise control? Wasn't available when I looked after my Ioniq was robbed so ruled it out and went with the SR+ instead

• Registered Users Posts: 21,458 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

"The kona would eat it for range"

A fiesta would have better fuel economy than a 3 series. Is that reason to look past a 3 series and get a fiesta?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

On my Model 3 SR+ I have the standard 18" wheels and for that trip I made to Cork, and for the last few months, I've had the aero caps on.

I presume Vinny's M3P had the 19" uberturbine wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭innrain

I have them both Kona and M3LR and I think you're unfair to M3. Yours being a P model is like comparing oranges to apples. A P car is not a day to day car in my opinion but more for an enthusiastic driver for whom the range should be down on the list of the features required. (can't really say petrolhead can I). They both have an exceptional efficiency, in my case both hover around 15kWh/100km. Kona is more efficient in city driving due to less mass to be moved at the start and stop. M3LR is more efficient at 100+km/h speed and having 11kWh more gives it the edge. Then you have numerous features which Kona is missing or lacking.

Doesn't have 1 pedal driving,

It does. You have to increase the recuperation level to the highest. Adaptive CC was removed from the Irish spec, as frontal collision warning and many more. However, it has lots of features which Skoda for example is charging a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Another Tesla/Kona owner here, Kona has more range easy peasey, road noise in Kona is shocking versus the Tesla though

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement